Author Topic: Changes to Strategus  (Read 273 times)

Offline Auphilia

• Earl
  • Renown: 480
  • Infamy: 190
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Changes to Strategus
« on: February 03, 2012, 05:30:45 am »
+1
Allow me to present to you some features that, if implemented, would greatly improve crpg and its community (imo).

1. Strategus begins with each faction (and we will decide what qualifies as a faction) given it's own town/castle and appropriate villages. This can all be chosen at random or however the devs would decide it.

2. A new banner pack would be implemented into the main crpg files. Only this banner pack must meet strict requirements as the devs see fit, to increase immersion within the game. You would see these banners over every town/castle/village etc, as appropriate to the clan who owns it.

3. You will be spawned on the strat map based on which banner you chose (there will be many faction-less banners for bandits or mercenaries).

4. Factions can ONLY capture towns/castles/villages. There will be bandit hideouts and camps for unaffiliated players to capture.

5. Factions and clans would be significantly different as a Faction is large ambitious kingdom and a clan is simply a group of warrior or warlords. For example, you would have one clan as a Faction (launching massive armies across the map) and you could have another smaller clan as bandits (disturbing trade routes and pillaging villages).

6. To become your own faction (after the initial selection) you must take a castle or a town (like in native), which obviously would be no simple task as the largest clans in the game will have them well defended.

7. There would be Faction bonuses, as well as specific location bonuses (Towns/castles/villages) that offer specific equipment.

8. It would be nice to have Faction specific equipment in the appropriate markets, but that may throw balance off. If it were to be implemented, we could have each faction decide what theme they are going for and which equipment will be influenced by their faction. Balancing it out bit by bit.

I might be missing a few things, but overall what I'm trying to suggest is a more immersion in this game and its community. Clans could actually look like they are affiliated with each other, Factions would be bound to specific equipment (as they would be in Native), and the HUGE clans (which will likely become factions) can more easily fight each other without waiting months in stalemates and being forced to resort to only picking on smaller clans. I mean we all know that if there are castles and towns, the biggest clans are going to get them first...so why not just give it to them to start the game off, and let their influence shape the way the game rolls out. I think this would encourage a lot more activity on the map, a lot more roleplaying, a lot more variety amongst players, etc. It would actually be fun and make sense to be a clan of mercenary knights, or sneaky bandits, or even set up your own merchants guild. It would make sense to become a Faction's vassal or help protect the Faction's lands. Right now it seems like everyone is just a lifeless cloned product of a game based solely on statistics and cost efficiency. I mean if this went through and we all worked out the bumps and rough areas, you would find yourself in pleasant game with respectable people. You would see less "Retardtr0llzor_The_Cumstain" and more "Henrus_of_Sargoth" or something more mature and with more immersion. Of course this is just all a suggestion. It would be nice to see some major changes though. This game could be a lot of fun for all of its players if we started working together as a community.

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
Re: Changes to Strategus
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 03:01:56 pm »
Yea strategus should starts wih native factions like Swadians , Khergits and stuff like that

Rhodok castle's troops should wear "Only" Rhodok's style.

Not like randomly mixed up with some piece of shit .

For example: Jelkala should have alot of Arbalest since they uses the crossbow in native, and swadians should have heavy crossbow etc...

Ai castle should also have AI's lord names instead of nothing