Author Topic: I need a gaming mouse...  (Read 4077 times)

Offline Nehvar

• Duke
  • Renown: 550
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: I need a gaming mouse...
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2012, 04:42:09 am »
I use a first-gen G9 and I hate it for this game and any FPS.  Both grips are bad for me and it seems to want to twist rather than move perfectly horizontally.  I find that I am hooked on the scroll wheel's tilt function though; really handy.

--glad I only paid 60(30USD). [It was 60USD but after asking Logitech support about a minor issue they sent me a second one, free of charge.  Haven't had cause to open the second yet.]

I'd like to give that Roccat Kone+ a try but Roccat products aren't sold in the US or Canada.
WSE2 gives us the key to a wonderful world of butthurt...

Offline Adalwulf

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Adalwulf
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2012, 05:39:09 am »
+1
YOU ARE ALL CRAZY! MX518 BROKEN GET ANOTHER ONE! MIGHT BE USED BUT HEY IT"S THE GOD MOUSE!

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2012, 04:38:32 pm »
YOU ARE ALL CRAZY! MX518 BROKEN GET ANOTHER ONE! MIGHT BE USED BUT HEY IT"S THE GOD MOUSE!

Yep you don't need gimmicky crap on a mouse, and DPI won't make you better, in fact DPI is pretty much only needed if you have a high resolution or very high sensitivity. 400-800 is good for most people. If you look at crazy aimers in games like CS or Quake they all use 400 DPI and optical sensors

You should use a mouse that feels comfortable too, just get another mx518 or G400.

I ended up ordering the G9X off of Newegg. From what I read it really blows anything else away in a lot of areas. Im a pretty serious gamer so its a good investment for me. I have always heard bad things about Razor mice so i have tended to stay away from them. So logitech G9X for me :) thanks all you guys for your opinions.

Didn't see this..G9x is much better than the G9 (better sensor), but you have to like the shape really. Its quite peculiar but if you use finger tips it might not matter. Some will love it too I suppose no matter how they hold it
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 04:43:07 pm by Grumbs »
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2012, 04:47:54 pm »
DPI is used for different things. A relatively high DPI is good for speed for example for assault players while a low DPI will make you more accurate and is good for snipers and such. But yeah, anything above 2000 is overkill.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2012, 04:48:35 pm »
Adjustable size for your hand was the key feature for my choice.

R.A.T. 5

"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2012, 04:56:49 pm »
Adjustable size for your hand was the key feature for my choice.

R.A.T. 5

Looks like a transformer  :?

I use the A4 Tech X-718BK X7 Oscar Optical Gaming Mouse (USB)

(click to show/hide)

Was really cheap and gets the job done

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2012, 05:08:28 pm »
I use a4tech oscar 7 series 740-k laser gaming mouse .Bought it for 25 euros like 2 years ago and it still gets it's job done.
Ergonomic and comfortable design , nice DPI options , 3x(Burst fire with SKS on bf3 ^^),extra buttons etc nice and cheap.
When it gets fucked up im just going to buy a new one cuz it is really fucking cheap  :lol:
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 05:09:29 pm by koyama »

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2012, 09:16:59 pm »
Looks like a transformer  :?

Exactly! It does transform to fit your hand. It's also weighted and you can adjust that as well. 4000 dpi is plenty for me. It is a little pricy, but I use my mouse more than I use my shoes. I can pay at least as much for it  :lol:
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline micah243

• Knight
  • Renown: 51
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
  • Lord_Tinsley Arthur_Dane
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BW
  • Game nicks: Lord_tinsley Arthur_Dane
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2012, 08:13:44 am »
Got my G9X in today! gotta say it is pretty badass :). It takes some getting used to but ive been playing with it for lilke 45 minutes and im almost adjusted. Playing with dpi set to 5000 by the way :P. I do not know how anyoneeeee could use 400 or 800 for anything. 5000 is basically instant. I admit takes a sec to get used to but now I pretty much have it figured out. So definetly give the G9X 2 thumbs up, just got to get used to the shape and sensitivity first.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2012, 12:37:55 pm »
DPI is used for different things. A relatively high DPI is good for speed for example for assault players while a low DPI will make you more accurate and is good for snipers and such. But yeah, anything above 2000 is overkill.

That is true if you can't change your sensitivity settings. DPI both makes your mouse more sensitive and more accurate. The trick is to increase DPI and decrease the sensitivity scale as much as possible, to get the most accurate settings without being over sensitive.

Offline Chagan_Arslan

• Earl
  • Renown: 372
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Chagan_Arslan
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2012, 12:54:42 pm »
IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/p/intellimouse-explorer-3.0

They Don't Make Them Like That Anymore, but you can find it at ebay.

this

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2012, 01:42:50 pm »
That is true if you can't change your sensitivity settings. DPI both makes your mouse more sensitive and more accurate. The trick is to increase DPI and decrease the sensitivity scale as much as possible, to get the most accurate settings without being over sensitive.

You can set the DPI to max and you won't skip pixels, but its not quite right that you make the mouse more accurate with higher DPI. Increasing DPI can make it less accurate in some ways. If you want 1:1 input/output you want to have no negative acceleration and for the sensor to be working at its optimal setting. Usually thats at its lowest DPI. The monitor is made up of pixels, and as long as you don't skip over them you have enough DPI on the mouse. Each mouse has a malfunction speed, and increasing the DPI lowers the speed you can move it at while still getting 1:1 response (so your movements are accurately represented in game)

DPI is a lot of BS really, just use what you like in windows but don't get sucked into the marketing side of it. You can work out how much DPI you might benefit from with a formula, here: http://www.esreality.com/?a=longpost&id=1265679&page=2 . Its still not really that important even if you do skip pixels imo. You can just set to max if you want but that can come with other issues, especially if the sensor isn't that good, and especially with laser mice

This is quite beyond what a normal user needs to care about though lol. Just use what you like in windows imo and forget about DPI
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 02:06:42 pm by Grumbs »
If you have ranged troubles use this: