Poll

Should the ranged nerf be reverted?

No
185 (53.3%)
Yes
162 (46.7%)

Total Members Voted: 346

Author Topic: Petition to revert the ranged nerf  (Read 11083 times)

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
Re: Petition to revert the ranged nerf
« Reply #75 on: January 25, 2012, 08:46:09 am »
The Way the game is right now, I enjoy it a LOT, more than ever since the upkeep patch.

I think currently the game is in a pretty balanced state(Maybe a bit too much cav, but thats not so bad since they are melee and can be easily countered), so please leave it as it is.

The Game will grow even nicer when the my old friendchers that just became my old friendchers for E-Z mode retire to melee.Only dedicated Archers will survive that and BAM!We have a nice Archer/Melee Ratio.

This will be so awesome.

So please,please dont revert the ranged nerf, it makes the game horrendous amounts of fun again.
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline akapraf

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 25, 2012, 09:18:11 am »
The Way the game is right now, I enjoy it a LOT, more than ever since the upkeep patch.

I think currently the game is in a pretty balanced state(Maybe a bit too much cav, but thats not so bad since they are melee and can be easily countered), so please leave it as it is.

The Game will grow even nicer when the friendly archers that just became friendly archers for E-Z mode retire to melee.Only dedicated Archers will survive that and BAM!We have a nice Archer/Melee Ratio.

This will be so awesome.

So please,please dont revert the ranged nerf, it makes the game horrendous amounts of fun again.
I don't enyoit.
I start playing crpg 1h shilder + thrower, next gen i was 2h, another gen i was full thrower, next i was a full 1h shilder ( very easy mode with 150 + wp to a wepon ) , now i'm a thrower + 1h ( it's fucked because i have low wp to wepons so i'm obliged to give up throwing because i can't compete with a 2h 160 WP spammer ), next gen i was thinking to try archery , I enjoyed this mod beacause i have the chance to play melee or range wenever i want, now it's only about melee, cav and dedicated archery.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 09:36:30 am by akapraf »

Offline Aseldo

• Baron
  • Renown: 147
  • Infamy: 80
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • you reading this?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Egad_Captain_TKoV
  • IRC nick: Egad
« Reply #77 on: January 25, 2012, 09:35:09 am »
No 73 (57%)

learn to aim.

I can gurantee you a lot of those no votes are people that just downright hate range for "ruining their fun" they could care less about balance.

All the bad, medium archers are like pff fuck this nerf.
But the better archers are like nice my hs insta kill now.
This is what i hear most of the time.

Of course it's nice, but when I have an infantry chasing me down I'd like to have the luxury of knowing I can just shoot him at least 3 to 4 times(instead of maybe 6-8 shots after the patch) and kill him rather than trying to get a difficult shot on his head while they spin around with glee dodging my shots. I saw some stats about the percentage of kills in CRPG from weapons, I believe headshots accounted for only 2%. Any archer that says headshots are easy is full of crap.

Just FYI before patch I consistently got 2-1KD as dedicated archer, now I often get 1-1KD
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 09:45:48 am by Aseldo »

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
Re: Petition to revert the patch
« Reply #78 on: January 25, 2012, 09:40:48 am »

Making other lances than the heavy lance useful for cav.
 to changes but might or might not happen.

Nice because I always uses Master work light lance and i think its the best weapon :D, also no because if the arhcery get revert back before the patch then archers will become overpowered
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 10:12:04 am by AlexTheDragon »

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #79 on: January 25, 2012, 09:54:12 am »
Also agreed but those % will be adjusted.

That's something I can live with, unless it's only a few percentage points of change.

But what bothers me now is, that I will have to wait weeks for the next patch to get things right, have I? Every day without patch means more ranged players lost and more cav racking up kills like mad.  :?
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline tankmen

• Knight
  • Renown: 65
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 25, 2012, 10:25:31 am »
That's something I can live with, unless it's only a few percentage points of change.

But what bothers me now is, that I will have to wait weeks for the next patch to get things right, have I? Every day without patch means more ranged players lost and more cav racking up kills like mad.  :?
cause those kills give you $ right? o wait they dont... whos cares if the cav on both team get kills only one side wins to get $, and rarely with the last 5 people is a guy mounted at that point his horse has been shot or stabbed to death. i just played and was happy to see my palfrey take 2-3+ arrows before dying, and i find that perfectly fair because he didn't miss a shot... i pay 900+ gold to get dismounted and walk? not to mention the angle nerf means a smart archer can avoid my lance or simple shoot me before i thrust, every one cries when there class is nerfed, but as long as i see a class doing fine after a nerf, i dont care too much about the cry babies. Then again could just be my dark memories of plate wearing, dead on accurate, 1-2 shot killing archers with 2h swords due to no slot nerf, and 35 wpf  swinging just as fast as me because no armor nerf.... fuck archers.
The purpose of wearing plate has become nothing more than crippling yourself to look like a knight... or maybe its my lack of athletics

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
Re: Petition to revert the patch
« Reply #81 on: January 25, 2012, 11:33:30 am »
Making other lances than the heavy lance useful for cav.

+1, Im a Light Lance user and its really hard with it if you go for enemy cav. Its kinda sad that the heavy lance is the only lance used on horse.

To the archer nerf: I think removing the ladders was a good idea, but the headshot change is really stupid. Any archer kills me wearing a Great Helmet with one shot. That makes helmets almost useless.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 11:35:47 am by dodnet »
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 25, 2012, 12:33:22 pm »
Voted no because ranged did not get nerfed. Bodyshots take less damage, headshots are increased but so is the missle speed! Archers now have more chance of hitting moving targerts.

So, in short, archery was not nerfed, but rebalanced.

Only for people with high accuracy builds, and even they had to relie on body damage since crpg already asked a lot when it comes to precision.

Offline akapraf

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 25, 2012, 12:34:37 pm »
we will see when all archers will learn to hit the head  (+  a bonus to 9 ath ) because you dont need PD to much anymore, how you will complain about to many hs...
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 12:35:50 pm by akapraf »

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 25, 2012, 12:44:16 pm »
I wasn't really enjoying being shot for 70% of my hp by strongbow bodyshots in 60 body armor. Archery needed a damage nerf.

Too bad I accidentally voted yes because I am a moron, y u no add remove vote?

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1100
  • Infamy: 751
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 25, 2012, 12:47:29 pm »
I was thinking to vote yes but after playing against some archers I voted no. There are archers who are still doing really good and thanks to "autoaim" (easier headshots) they are deadlier than ever. But majority is fucked up, they simply don't have a clue what they are doing on the battlefield.

It should be taken into consideration that I have 59 HP and 47 BA, people with 70-75 HP and 60-tish body armor probably don't have any problems with archers. But that's entirely different matter, it's the old "STR builds are OP" thing.

Edit: I think that ranged damage should stay the same but archers need their melee capabilities as compensation for range nerf. Redistribute ranged wpf so a guy with 8 WM can have ~160 wpp in archery and ~100 wpp in melee, make shorter 2H swords 1-slot (bastard sword, heavy bastard sword, longsword) and give free respec so they can make new, effective builds.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 12:54:06 pm by Leshma »

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #86 on: January 25, 2012, 01:03:38 pm »
No.

Didnt have this much fun in a long time, proper archers top the boards easily, spamming nabs crying, archery finnaly requires allot of skill and the rewards are there for skillfull people.

Great job!
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
« Reply #87 on: January 25, 2012, 01:29:16 pm »
Redistribute ranged wpf so a guy with 8 WM can have ~160 wpp in archery and ~100 wpp in melee, make shorter 2H swords 1-slot (bastard sword, heavy bastard sword, longsword) and give free respec so they can make new, effective builds.

Are you serious? That would make them better than some normal inf builds but with the ability to use a bow.  :shock:
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)

Offline SirProto

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • professional shot-misser
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: B0LT, pr0to
« Reply #88 on: January 25, 2012, 02:00:28 pm »
+1
SirProto, your gif is making me laugh. I love it.

Sssssssssmashing!
(click to show/hide)

Offline Cup1d

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
« Reply #89 on: January 25, 2012, 02:09:19 pm »
I was an archer or archer hybrid for 30+ generations, so I know something about it.

I remember how it was in 2010. I remember all repeated nerfs in 2011 and last one.
I remember even how chadz announce that Power Draw will not ruin our wpf anymore.

To be honest, most obnoxious nerfs was «arrow projectile speed and slot system nerf». This nerf ruins accuracy at medium-long shots, and make kiter-archer (15\27, 18\27 no ps, only PD\WM and athletics) one of the best builds for archery. Why do you need PS if you do not have suitable weapons? And if you choose hybrid archer path - you'll be limited with one quiver and one slot bow (or two slot bow, if you prefer 1H weapon).

After this «ranged damage nerf\buff» I still make many non-lethal headshots with my MW Hornbow and MW tatars arrows. If you have at least 18 str, some IF and helm with 45+ armor there are 70% probability that you'll survive headshot, if you have 27 str, enough IF and loomed helmet - you can easily survive two point blank headshots.

Still, I think that projectile speed unnerf + more 1slot weapons + top-tier bows accuracy buff (or just removing this silly PD penalty)  can please me more than just old body damage system.

And this please:
Since this change is a fairly big nerf to ranged classes, we decided to tweak several mechanics in order to make ranged more viable.
You can find a preview of the upcoming changes here.

Disarming is a great idea.

Are you serious? That would make them better than some normal inf builds but with the ability to use a bow.  :shock:

Dude, even with 36\3 character without any point in WM you'll have 111 wpf.