Author Topic: Clan Banner Pack (v 4.2) Patch broke scripts again  (Read 83458 times)

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
Re: Clan Banner Pack (v 3.9) Not all that obsolete after all!
« Reply #555 on: May 29, 2012, 12:58:31 pm »
Ok so banner pack works. Don't copy in the script.txt as I still need to update that for heraldics. But everything else is good to go.

If you do copy in scripts.txt and forgot to save a back up then hit 'repair' on the launcher.

Offline Boerenlater

• Marshall
  • Renown: 728
  • Infamy: 204
  • cRPG Player
  • Jebem ti život!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Boerenlater
« Reply #556 on: May 29, 2012, 01:08:09 pm »
Ok so banner pack works. Don't copy in the script.txt as I still need to update that for heraldics. But everything else is good to go.

If you do copy in scripts.txt and forgot to save a back up then hit 'repair' on the launcher.
I use the heraldic fix from Warhams mod pack, will let know if that works with the bannerpack.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Boerenlater

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
  • Jebem ti život!
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: May 29, 2012, 01:13:54 pm »
Hmmm Freak Army of Gnjus banner has changed into a blue fish while others still work.

On the other hand my heraldic position seems normal. Not way below, so the fix from Warhams mod works with this patch.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 01:21:04 pm by Boerenlater »

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: May 29, 2012, 01:29:13 pm »
I see what you mean. Not sure what's going on there as the file I copy in does have the correct banner...

I think I've seen what has happened. Something the devs have changed means that std_banners_g no longer works. Instead std_banners_f now works which it never has before.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: May 29, 2012, 01:35:50 pm »
Ok that's a fairly simple matter then. I'll move the banners from g over to f later this afternoon and get it all fixed.

Offline Boerenlater

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
  • Jebem ti život!
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: May 29, 2012, 01:42:07 pm »
Code: [Select]
-<edit_tableau_materials> <edit_tableau_material value="150" index="54" id="tab_heraldic_armor_a"/> <edit_tableau_material value="150" index="54" id="tab_heraldic_armor_b"/> <edit_tableau_material value="100" index="59" id="tab_heraldic_armor_b"/> <edit_tableau_material value="135" index="54" id="tab_heraldic_armor_c"/> <edit_tableau_material value="84" index="59" id="tab_heraldic_armor_c"/> <edit_tableau_material value="137" index="54" id="tab_heraldic_armor_d"/> <edit_tableau_material value="88" index="59" id="tab_heraldic_armor_d"/> <edit_tableau_material value="130" index="50" id="tab_heraldic_armor_e"/> <edit_tableau_material value="65" index="59" id="tab_heraldic_armor_e"/> </edit_tableau_materials>for your script, these lines work for herladic

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: May 29, 2012, 01:44:13 pm »
That's for positioning right? I'll check it out later.

Offline Boerenlater

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
  • Jebem ti život!
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: May 29, 2012, 01:44:23 pm »
That's for positioning right? I'll check it out later.
yes

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: May 29, 2012, 01:59:31 pm »
Ok cmp said he'll fix it so g banners show. I'll have to re-edit the scripts to reflect that but it will mean there's a whole new lot of slots available as both f and g should work  :)

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
« Reply #564 on: May 29, 2012, 04:20:51 pm »
EDIT - ok chadz post in the other thread cleared some things up....

however, i posted this there but I'll post it here too....weird situation could arise.

"Since its different slots....even if a clan has an exclusive banner, people could still use that banner from the banner packs and it would LOOK the same if they were the same image file, but because it was a different SLOT, the banner balance wouldn't balance them with the people using the exclusive one. 
Could end up with people on each team using the same LOOKING banner (just different slots)

Weird.
Anyone else thought of that or am I missing something?"
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 04:46:03 pm by Elindor »
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: May 29, 2012, 06:38:06 pm »
Ok cmp has fixed it so g banners should be in now as well as f. I have to update the scripts.txt and re-work it quite a bit to make it all work again. I'll likely do that tomorrow so for now just copy in the textures and not the scripts.

Offline Auphilia

• Earl
  • Renown: 480
  • Infamy: 190
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: May 29, 2012, 06:46:30 pm »
So I was scammed 220k for winning the exclusive banner auction?

So far no one has been able to see it in game besides me. I could have edited the files myself if I wanted to be the only one who could see it.
And now your pack works again? x.X

What's going on  :|

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: May 29, 2012, 06:52:07 pm »
Lotus:

I'm not sure I understand. Or I'm not sure you understand.

This system is simply on top. It can't be in any way be worse because nothing is changed.

You can still select whatever banner you please. You can still try and distribute banner packs if you want. Nothing of that changed.

The only thing that changed is that people on top have an additional way of buying a special banner. This special banner can be customized by the clan in terms of image and background color. This also means no one will be able to pick your banner to float with you on the autobalance wave.

If you don't like the system, simply ignore it. Nothing will change for you, except you see other people with new banners.

If you got the gold, you can buy all 147 banners as an individual and store them for all I care. The market will solve that problem. If a single person values a banner higher than 30 guys combined, the single person gets it.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: May 29, 2012, 08:12:18 pm »
Code: [Select]
-<edit_tableau_materials> <edit_tableau_material value="150" index="54" id="tab_heraldic_armor_a"/> <edit_tableau_material value="150" index="54" id="tab_heraldic_armor_b"/> <edit_tableau_material value="100" index="59" id="tab_heraldic_armor_b"/> <edit_tableau_material value="135" index="54" id="tab_heraldic_armor_c"/> <edit_tableau_material value="84" index="59" id="tab_heraldic_armor_c"/> <edit_tableau_material value="137" index="54" id="tab_heraldic_armor_d"/> <edit_tableau_material value="88" index="59" id="tab_heraldic_armor_d"/> <edit_tableau_material value="130" index="50" id="tab_heraldic_armor_e"/> <edit_tableau_material value="65" index="59" id="tab_heraldic_armor_e"/> </edit_tableau_materials>for your script, these lines work for herladic

Boer where do I put this in the scripts? I tried running a search but couldn't find it as referenced. What line?

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
« Reply #569 on: May 29, 2012, 08:15:28 pm »
Yeah, basically here's the breakdown:

ITS ALL THE SAME AS BEFORE, native banners are native banners and banner pack users see banner pack banners.

** EXCEPT **
There are NEW, exclusive slots open now that we can't use, unless you get an exclusive banner slot through the auction. Then you can upload your banner and ONLY your clan can use that SLOT.

(Remember, its the SLOT, not the banner image that is used during banner balance, of course).

At least that's how I understand it at this point.

-------------------------------------------------

The weird thing from this is that, lets say we are using the banner pack and we are using the NH banner or something....now lets say NH gets an exclusive banner slot and they all use it.  You could still use the NH banner from the banner pack and you would APPEAR to have the same banner as them but it would NOT BALANCE you with them since its a different slot, just same image (assuming they used the same banner image for their exclusive banner as their bannerpack one). 

So you could have people using the same looking banner on opposite teams....

Not a big deal, but weird.

Not entirely sure what was gained by the exclusive banner slots....but there may be more to come.
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE