Poll

Make archers physically unable to run around like fags until the end of the map or until you stop chasing when they resume shooting?

Yes
21 (36.8%)
I'm an archer
36 (63.2%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Author Topic: Stop the archer running BS  (Read 3077 times)

Offline Havoco

• Duke
  • Renown: 538
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospookfans
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Havoc
  • IRC nick: Havoco
Re: Stop the archer running BS
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2011, 01:10:24 am »
Yes, because melée zigzagging is completely valid but archers kiting is BS. Face it archers skirmish. If you don't like it call up a cav or light infantry to go take him down. I can't believe people still qq about archers. Oh yeah, archers have the right to kite even (for 30 seconds at least) if they are last one alive. 
Pock gobblers

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2011, 01:26:16 am »
Please add a button that instakills all roof and building campers.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2011, 01:28:41 am »
An archer is a support troop. He shouldnt be able to hold the line or even to charge in melee. He should run. And cavalry should ride him down. Thats his destiny.

This is crpg, so no, what you're stating is not correct.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2011, 01:34:07 am »
Nonsense Finished, archers who fight are easier to deal with, you either kill them (typical outcome) or they kill you, none of that idiotic running around until you turn your back to him and he shoots you, someone else shoots him/rides him down, or his mates shoot you.

And no, they're not support troops. Aside from being a potent larger troop, they can use any weapon to defend themselves from both pursuing cavalry or whatever. This is crpg, not native. Archers are basically lighter infantry with a bow. Which would be fine if their "counter" wasn't also significantly slower then they are.

Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Bcleary

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Forever a bandit
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dughan
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2011, 01:45:48 am »
You need to stop complaining about someone else's playstyle because it works.

"Scissors needs a nerf because he beats me every time but rock is just fine" - paper  :rolleyes:

Yes it may be annoying but it is a valid tactic. Do you expect all archers to do fine in melee when they specialize in bows? There may be a few who are pretty good but they are not the majority and you need to understand that.
"For the woodlands"
We shall rise again one day

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2011, 02:01:00 am »
You need to stop complaining about someone else's playstyle because it works.

"Scissors needs a nerf because he beats me every time but rock is just fine" - paper  :rolleyes:

Yes it may be annoying but it is a valid tactic. Do you expect all archers to do fine in melee when they specialize in bows? There may be a few who are pretty good but they are not the majority and you need to understand that.

This, completely. people need to learn that if you make a certain class, more often then not there is one other class out there that dominates you or at the very least makes your life hell.

Tactics people, tactics. Melee troops are AT THE TOP OF THE SCOREBOARDS, but do you hear people saying they all need a nerf? No...

Learn to adapt and take out the people you are specialized against, and avoid the people you are not.

You could make a bow 1000 pounds and it STILL would be viable in camping. And what about Melee troops camping, I have seen that too, yet it is ok because that is called "Taking cover and promoting funnels." So, how about we leave people who "Game Delay" to the admins, and not call for a insane nerf (50 pound bow, really? Are you that scared of archers?) that makes the game nothing but footmen,

The Game is Called Mount and Blade, and has prominent use of a variety of weapons, so how about we stop turning this into a spamfest of 2 handers or throwing weapons?

Just because one out of every 6 times you die is due to an arrow does not mean arrows are OP. My main weapon runs out of ammo, and requires quite a few hits to kill unless I get that vaunted headshot or are fighting a glass cannon. Your sword does not...
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 02:02:59 am by Tears_of_Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline bruce

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2011, 02:02:45 am »
spamfest of throwing weapons?

About the only way to catch up to an archer as a shielder is to spam throwing weapons.

And yes, tactics. Shouldn't they be protected by melee rather then being superninjas? That'd be tactics.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 02:05:42 am by bruce »
Best ban reason ever:
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2011, 02:05:44 am »
About the only way to catch up to an archer as a shielder is to spam throwing weapons.

About the only way to kill a shielder is to send 15 arrows into his shield, or god forbid more. Can I have you with a 50 pound shield then? I especially like it when a shielder has a backup, yet I think that is fine in all seriousness.

Aside from that, you could kill the Archer via ambush (which happens in most maps due to a handful of enterprising people sneaking to the side using cover).

yes it is hard for a shielder to kill an aware archer, but think on how near impossible it is for an archer to kill an aware shielder...
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline bruce

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2011, 02:08:37 am »
yes it is hard for a shielder to kill an aware archer, but think on how near impossible it is for an archer to kill an aware shielder...

Quite easy, given you can melee just fine with one? Not to mention unless the shielder has a huscarl you can quite goddamn well shoot him. Let's not mention you can just shoot him while he's meleeing.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 02:09:56 am by bruce »
Best ban reason ever:

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2011, 02:14:14 am »
Quite easy, given you can melee just fine with one? Not to mention unless the shielder has a huscarl you can quite goddamn well shoot him.

Just fine? Have you even bothered to watch a typical archer melee with a troop? We have significantly less points in WP then the melee equivalents, and wear less armor and usually have less Strength, good to know "Just Fine" is going against a better amroed more healthy harder hitting troop who has more practice in a melee (Considering every hour we spend shooting is one hour less we practice our melee skills).

Archer Hybrids may fair OK, but Dedicated archers end up splatting in any melee. And Archer Hybrids are terrible shots due to the lower PD, Lower WP and the massive penalty to accuracy due to the heavy armor they wear.

Also, again, if he is "aware" of us, he can keep his shield up till the end of time until we run out of arrows or get snipped by an enemy archer or run down by enemy cav or cornered by other infantry or kicked by admin for delaying if we are the only one left (Or the team can grab that mythical flag capture/master of the field and keep their shields up if no admin are present and the Archer is a jerk).

Not all archers are game-delaying jerks, and no heavily armored anyone should ever catch a lightly armored anyone with minimal effort.

EDIT: And yes we can shoot him while he is meleeing, yet he can also cut us down while we are shooting at a far target when we are distracted (Other players manage to reach archers just fine, during the heat of battle, why can't you?).
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 02:17:53 am by Tears_of_Destiny »

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2011, 03:07:10 am »
This is like asking an agi build to stop backstepping out of the way of your swings. Or telling a strength build to lose the armor.

Archers are annoying when they run, but I disagree with telling them to roll over and die when you catch up to them.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2011, 03:32:06 am »
This is like asking an agi build to stop backstepping out of the way of your swings. Or telling a strength build to lose the armor.

Archers are annoying when they run, but I disagree with telling them to roll over and die when you catch up to them.

Yes, but a significant portion of players want the ability to be able to beat everything equally, and have no weaknesses despite specializing in a concept more often then not. Logically I should be able to have armor to survive an additional blow, be able to strike rather hard in melee, and have the speed to keep up with the speed demons while at the same time be as effective in a melee as a 2H while retaining the turtle ability of a 1H.

Yes, I am dripping with sarcasm, but it is hard not to when the leading player class (For K/D) is calling for nerfs for other player classes...

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2011, 07:04:52 am »
Oh dear bruce tut tut.

Offline EliteDragon

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eastern Tsardom (RIP)
  • Game nicks: EliteDragon
  • IRC nick: EliteDragon
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2011, 07:53:57 am »
No guys, bruce is right. Let's just keep nerfing archers into oblivion until there are no more on the field because they would be so under-powered. Problem solved right?

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2011, 07:57:36 am »
No guys, bruce is right. Let's just keep nerfing archers into oblivion until there are no more on the field because they would be so under-powered. Problem solved right?

Oh yeah, after all, nothing says variety like nothing but a bunch of guys with swords!

Better take care of those Cavalry too. Oh, and nerf those "Agil-Whores" since they have the speed to catch up with the nerfed extinct Archers, as well as run away from the tin-cans. Oh and remember, ban those Strength Builds too, them oneshotting peeps will be overpowered now that the fast characters are banned from the server...

Am I missing anyone? Oh right, ban those shields too! unfair against the poorer shield users!