Makes sense to me
10 (28.6%)
Brilliant
12 (34.3%)
Doesn't make sense to me
3 (8.6%)
Horrible idea
10 (28.6%)
Good idea but missile weapons should be less potent if you can't cover your entire body
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Author Topic: Shields and archers  (Read 3055 times)

Offline Ragni_Bross

• Knight
  • Renown: 69
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • "At the end of a smile there's a laugh and a half"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Militia
  • Game nicks: Militia_Iwarad
Re: Shields and archers
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2012, 10:12:01 am »
It is not every incoming hit.
And high agi comes with a price. More points in agility means less in strength, which leads to less damage and less hitpoints.

It's not that much of a price. Most AGI-bucklers I meet do as much damage as me and have no idea how and why. I just think it's unfair that AGI-whores get to be faster, do decent damage and not only can they step in and out of harm's way they can also block five arrows coming at them through magic! :P

Offline Lansamur

• Count
  • Renown: 232
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lansamur, The_Prisoner,Beer_Storage, Carebear_Ravenei
  • IRC nick: Lansamur
« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2012, 10:45:25 am »
Ragni, as awesome as you are, I see one major flaw in your argumentation: You are speaking of Vikingr, not cRPG. Gurnisson mentioned at least a semi-realistic game/mod, which cRPG actually is atm. Vikingr, afaik, tries to go full realism. I don't like those Bucklerhax either, but got used to living with them. Leftswingspam with 8PS usually gets them running away or having no more shield. If you want what you're implying here, stay at Vikingr.
[22:17] <@chadz> congratz cmpxchg8b, you managed to put 995 errors into the item sheet!
[22:17] <@cmpxchg8b> epic winning
[22:17] <@cmpxchg8b> beat that Fasader

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2012, 12:21:27 pm »
Shielder or not, what you're suggesting is a nerf. 

C-rpg has been nerf upon nerf.

Do you know what a daisy chain is?  If so, you'll know what I mean when I say c-rpg started with a nerf, and daisy chained into nerf upon nerf upon nerf.

two really easy to show examples:

make arrows go from cut to pierce damage (nerf), and then a lot of people start using plated armor, so much that people start complaining about plated armor.  So dev's decide to either make plated armor weigh more, or protect you less.  Or they make it so the 2h weapons are nerfed (the plated armor's preferred choice). 

Or recently they made pikes and long spears from 2 slots to 3 (nerf), and then a shit ton of people started riding around on horses.  Enough that people started making a lot of noise about how horses are overpowered.  C-rpg's normal stance would be to nerf horses then.  When the problem isn't horses being overpowered, it's that they weakened the natural defense to horses (long pointy sticks).
Duh, the strength (or weakness) of anything is NOT determined by the QUANTITY of nerfs it has received. I am so sick of the argumentation that some people use "OMG MAH CLASS HAS RECEIVED 3 (!) NERFS, SO UNDERPOWERED" A nerf is not a fixed modifier, ffs.

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2012, 03:20:48 pm »
Also lol'd at BJORD coming in and playing mr. i'm a little sad man that trys to troll evrywhere i go, in fact i rather think he has that message playing in his head al day long : hey im bjord i cant deal with shit so i flame, hey im bjord i cant deal with shit so i flame . Litteraly mindfuckin himself and evryone around him thank godness im now the women that got that walking catastrophy coming out me.
ALSO going into discussion with him is like the paralympics you can win but you wil still be retard so any post coming after this by our hungarian fucktard is to be ignored.

What did he just say?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.