Author Topic: Gold inflation ?  (Read 3039 times)

Offline Lysander

• Baron
  • Renown: 87
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
  • Some people walk in the rain, others just get wet.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JOKER
  • Game nicks: JOKER_Lysander; CotgS_lysander; Lys;
Gold inflation ?
« on: January 17, 2012, 08:53:02 pm »
I just jecked the prices on the marketplace, and wondering if anyone pays so much, or if the market stands still, cause no one have so much money..

For a +3 horse 1.700k??
+3 Armour also around 1.700k ?

Or a +3 Morningstar 1.500k??
I remember when I bought one last autumn for 1.100k

Something has to be changed here.
Feel free to bring solutions.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Strudog

• Marshall
  • Renown: 922
  • Infamy: 361
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • A Dog
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Britfag
  • Game nicks: Strudog
Re: Gold inflation ?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 08:56:14 pm »
i think someone said this earlier on that the dev team would sell loom points at a lower price, bu this isnt the complete fix because those with a lot of money would exploit it, maybe you couldonly buy a loompoint every month?

i dunno, somone with better knowledge could shed light on the matter....
This is the internet.
Men are men
Women are men
Little girls are FBI agents.
Those are the rules no?

Offline bagge

• King
  • Renown: 1056
  • Infamy: 275
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: bagge
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 09:00:01 pm »
inflation? really?
I hope you guys get some sort of sticky balls deseases and smell like my armpits, sorry excusese for nolife fucking cunts you are.

Offline Polobow

• Count
  • Renown: 267
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: SoA
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 09:01:55 pm »
Well, i think there must be a small downfall coming up with the sacrifice option, since some of them will sell looms on the market.

Offline jspook

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Auphan
  • Game nicks: Pit
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 09:21:16 pm »
It's a free market.  You cant tell the seller what their point is worth to them.  You can only do so by not purchasing until a price becomes reasonable for you.  No one should be forcing any market values big brother style.
"Scissors needs a nerf because he beats me every time, but rock is just fine" - paper

Offline Sir_Ironlake

• Baron
  • Renown: 144
  • Infamy: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2012, 09:34:42 pm »
well realistically armours go for 1.4-1.5 and only a few items over that.

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • pronouns: Nick/her
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2012, 09:35:15 pm »
It's a free market.  You cant tell the seller what their point is worth to them.  You can only do so by not purchasing until a price becomes reasonable for you.  No one should be forcing any market values big brother style.

No except 99% of the community are sheep.

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me

Offline Nasturtium

• Count
  • Renown: 203
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2012, 09:41:49 pm »
Its inevitable that there be inflation, since sellers will always err on the high side, the only thing that brings prices down is people not buying items marked up to high.

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2012, 09:57:07 pm »
I have a similar impression. I did some trading with +1 items over about half a year. Overall I earned quite well, but at the end of the year the prices went up and the selling became more slowly. At the beginning i sold items with a gain of around 30000 in about 3 days, at last it took weeks to sell them.

Offline The_Iberian

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lusitan
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2012, 10:07:55 pm »
As long as people are willing to pay the prices will continue to rise, there is no need to "regulate" the market, it regulates itself, the prices will never reach a point where no one can afford them, everyone can trade therefore the competition is too great for a monopoly to exist, it is the buyers that really control the market. The freer the market, the freer the players.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2394
  • Infamy: 2219
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2012, 10:20:44 pm »
This "free" market is too expensive for me.

We need chinese labour to cut down the prices.

In order to popularize c-rpg in China dev team should allow Chinese players to leech with no consequences and gather huge amount of loom points which they would sell for ridiculously low prices. But they should put a ping limit on their servers aka IP lock. Also we should set a ping limit at 250 ping so they can't come here and show off their looms.

That way both parties would be satisfied. They would have their looms which they could only use on their low populated servers (or on AUS but who gives a damn about aussies anyways). And we would get low loom point prices in return.

Big brother can be useful at times.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 10:22:54 pm by Leshma »

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2012, 10:20:59 pm »
People that have all the looms they need are growing relative to those who dont.
They stop retiring, starting to buy loom points in stead. So less looms on the market relative to demand.

The demand is rising faster than the offers basically.

It may seem daunting for a fresh player, but still, it is a great idea for them to sell loompoints since basically 2 loom points + a little is a MW item in money.

So it ain't that bad.. 2 generations for a MW item. (Before it used to be 3)

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2012, 11:14:12 pm »
New players start with quite a deficit in armour. Until you get +3 gloves and armour you have -10 body armour. I would be tempted to allow new players to loom their first item straight to +3 to give them a boost. I have played now since late October pretty heavily and still don't have a body armour loom and was only using cheap/medium gear (got +3 gloves and recently +3 weapon). At +3 gloves, body armour and weapon you are pretty much on an even footing imo, although gear isn't as important as just learning how to play ofc, it does matter to some extent.

New players may not feel comfortable selling a loom point too, and I doubt it is quite so easy to sell as a new player as theres an amount of trust involved unless its a +1, or you need gear/gold in the first place to make the trade.
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Auphilia

• Earl
  • Renown: 480
  • Infamy: 190
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2012, 01:36:33 am »
+2
A problem I've notice in the market as it is, is the fact that you are not allowed to offer gold for a certain item. What this does is cause ONLY the sellers to dictate prices (which will ALWAYS be higher than what most people are willing to buy for). The only time sellers lower their prices is when they see other sellers selling the same item for cheaper. This is a bad system, plain and simple. If we allowed players to offer gold for certain items the sellers could see what prices people are willing to pay, which would make the market actually move. Right now, it takes weeks to make a sale or weeks to buy an item at a decent price.

For example, out of all the expensive items you listed, if someone actually wanted to sell them I'm sure they would have by now if they saw someone was buying it for 200-300k less. Simply because time is money. No one wants to wait weeks just to be able to sell an item and buy the one they want to use. I also think trading items should be removed. There is nothing good from trading items besides people literally sharing their heirlooms with friends OR people looking to get rid of hard to sell junk items that less informed members of the community will regrettably buy.

If the system were simply "Make offer with X amount of gold for Y item." and "Make offer with X item for Y amount of gold." The market would be so much smoother and prices would be able to be regulated by a living economy, not greedy players.

I understand we have the forums for this, but that is completely outdated and impractical at this point. A lot of people don't use the forums to buy and sell things, nor should they have to. It is too slow for an economy to effectively regulate prices.

I'm sorry if I am ignorant to the grand reasoning behind not allowing players to offer gold for items on the market, but if there isn't any grand reasoning then it should definitely be implemented as soon as possible if the economy of this game is important at all.

Offline Nagasoup

• Knight
  • Renown: 42
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sir_Donkey
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2012, 03:02:08 am »
If you want to judge the market, look not at the highest prices, because nobody buys those, but look what the lowest prices are. If the lowest prices increase, then yes it is inflation. If only the most expensive items increased in price, then it is only someone trying to jew.

I still see the lowest price for +1 looms staying at a steady 300k, and lowest price for +3 at 1mill, so the market has not changed much for the last couple of months.

Oh, and learn the prices for items before you judge the market. The +3 horse you are talking about is the destrier, which was always selling for more than loompoint costs because it is a very high demand item. I remember someone sold a +3 destrier for 1.7mill during the time when loom points were 500k each, so that was 200k more than the loompoints required.

Another thing to look for is loompoint prices.

Only thing changed was loompoint price, but I think loompoints have hit a plateau at around 550k per.

Unless a new patch comes out that changes the gold earning rate or retirement, I predict loompoints will not go beyond 600k.

A problem I've notice in the market as it is, is the fact that you are not allowed to offer gold for a certain item. What this does is cause ONLY the sellers to dictate prices (which will ALWAYS be higher than what most people are willing to buy for). The only time sellers lower their prices is when they see other sellers selling the same item for cheaper. This is a bad system, plain and simple. If we allowed players to offer gold for certain items the sellers could see what prices people are willing to pay, which would make the market actually move. Right now, it takes weeks to make a sale or weeks to buy an item at a decent price.

That is also another reason loom prices go up. When you only let sellers dictate prices, the price goes up.

For example:

1. someone buys a loom for 900k
2. he gets tired of it and decides to resell
3. without any buyers requesting the item for a certain price, the seller has to choose price
4. he thinks "hmm well I bought it for 900k, well I don't want to sell it for lower than 900k or I lose money" .So what happens? He sells it for more than 900k
5. He puts it on market for 950k
6. Someone buys it and the process repeats!

This is the reason why looms become more expensive, not inflation. Inflation happens when the amount of currency increases, but the amount of resources stay the same, leading to the devaluation of currency.

However, in c-rpg both currency AND resources (looms) increase, because as players gain money, they also gain exp and retire which leads to more looms.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 03:25:30 am by Nagasoup »