Author Topic: New ranged change  (Read 39213 times)

Offline Chagan_Arslan

• Earl
  • Renown: 372
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Chagan_Arslan
Re: New ranged change
« Reply #105 on: January 17, 2012, 11:56:15 am »
thats some BS chagan :P I get 1 shot in the face wearing the new 60 armour helmet.

ill make a video than

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #106 on: January 17, 2012, 02:01:12 pm »
Bye bye HA. Cba to play it now...sticking to my hoplite. Have noticed I can only really get kills on peasants at the moment, or very very damaged inf. Getting headshots is difficult for a class who's crosshairs are wide open a lot of the time.

I now fully supporting this change:
http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,23958.new.html#new

Melee should just suck it up. The removal of ladders was the only nerf needed for ranged.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 02:07:34 pm by Overdriven »

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #107 on: January 17, 2012, 04:28:28 pm »
Haven't played on as much the last few days, but I'm gonna say it: numbers will probably need to be tweaked either by scaling back on the damage nerf to body shots, or increasing the base damage for ranged weapons across the board.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #108 on: January 17, 2012, 04:32:39 pm »

Melee should just suck it up. The removal of ladders was the only nerf needed for ranged.

I dont really agree, normal ranged nerf was good, but Horse archers got overnerfed with it.

I played my HA today again, and it really feels like throwing stones.The missile speed on my tatar bow is extremely low and I just tickle enemys.Not to mention my well bred Steppe horse is pretty useless cause even with 8 Riding It´s slow as a wheelchair.

Infantry ranged are rather fine now, now we need a little buff for Horse archers(And only for Horse ranged).
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 17, 2012, 04:45:57 pm »
+1
I dont really agree, normal ranged nerf was good, but Horse archers got overnerfed with it.

I played my HA today again, and it really feels like throwing stones.The missile speed on my tatar bow is extremely low and I just tickle enemys.Not to mention my well bred Steppe horse is pretty useless cause even with 8 Riding It´s slow as a wheelchair.

Infantry ranged are rather fine now, now we need a little buff for Horse archers(And only for Horse ranged).

I agree to a buff in HA/HC damage only if the bump shoot tactic is somehow made impossible to do. It basically locks up the infantry, be it a 2h, shielder or even hoplite, there's no countering it. If you don't keep your shield up, you get an arrow. If you keep it up, you can't attack and you are bumped.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 17, 2012, 04:51:21 pm »
I agree to a buff in HA/HC damage only if the bump shoot tactic is somehow made impossible to do. It basically locks up the infantry, be it a 2h, shielder or even hoplite, there's no countering it. If you don't keep your shield up, you get an arrow. If you keep it up, you can't attack and you are bumped.

For infantry to be consistently bump attacked you have to be pretty far away from team mates. Otherwise it's a one time tactic as an HA will get attacked by said team mates if they try it again. If you are far away enough for bump shooting to occur more than once (it has to in order to kill someone with decent health) then that's the persons fault and they shouldn't go rambo. The one time bump shoot resulting in a kill only works on people with already very low health.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 04:52:50 pm by Overdriven »

Offline a_bear_irl

• Duke
  • Renown: 540
  • Infamy: 252
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 17, 2012, 05:21:14 pm »
+2
archers seem fine to me, bodkin headshots from any bow do a lot of damage and crossbows seem to be able to 1 hit kill with a headshot easily. bodyshots still do a decent amount of damage, i think the problem is that archers got used to the last patch where you could 3 shot anyone with a hornbow+bodkin combo. IMO only the best archers should be able to get up there in the scoreboards, they're a support class, if you want to see your name in the bottom left a lot use a 2h or polearm
FREE ALLERS

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 17, 2012, 05:32:18 pm »
archers .... a support class, if you want to see your name in the bottom left a lot use a 2h or polearm

Did YOU decide that? Did anyone ASK them if they wanted to be a support class? STFU with "support" class, there's no medics here, the job of archers is to RAPE 2handers, cav and shieldless polespammer. ABSOLUTELY RAPE them. RAPE them so easily, they must hide and wait for shielders. That WAS their job and still should be, not some luckshooters who have to hit head hitboxes in a game where head hitboxes are folded out of the material plane of excistance each time the target starts spamming feints. Archery has been effectively removed from the mod as a class. Some will hang on, the same ones who ppl think are good now, like Jambi and Hetman, because although they are not good at melee OR at fighting other archers, they are persistant. And that is THE ONLY way to play archer now: Surive untill most enemies are badly wounded and mop them up. Horse archery has been ACTUALLY removed from the mod: You see maybe 2 a day.

ALL of this because bundle of sticks 2handers and polespammers dont like that they are rock, and paper beats them. Game was built that way, and last year of patches has been trying to fix a nonexistant problem.

I dodnt even understand why any of this is under discussion: Just lock EU1 to melee only and then all heros can be happy. Fucking pussies. Just cause you cant fight it doesnt make it broken, it means you fail. Change your playstyle, not the game.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 05:38:21 pm by BlindGuy »
I don't know enough

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline PanPan

• Baron
  • Renown: 98
  • Infamy: 70
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 17, 2012, 05:43:25 pm »

the missile speed wasnt nerfed...

Offline a_bear_irl

• Duke
  • Renown: 540
  • Infamy: 252
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 17, 2012, 05:44:55 pm »
+1
no, you're a support class, deal with it. you're not in the fight - you sit back and lob shit at the fight. you're supporting the dudes doing the actual fighting. the job of archers is to soften up the armored up 2h/polearm guys and kill a couple peasants before the main "clash" happens. thus, you are a support class. the last patch allowed you to play like actual combatants because of how OP the hornbow/bodkin combo was against armored up guys, now that it's been fixed you're whining you can't 3shot everyone anymore.

also, you can't tell other people to L2P. if you were good enough at your class to get consistent headshots (and archer is the easiest class to play) you'd be doing better - obviously you're just a scrub who had to crutch on a hornbow/bodkin combo and is now useless. respec to a real class if you can't handle playing support.
FREE ALLERS

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 17, 2012, 05:50:19 pm »
no, you're a support class, deal with it.

Im a pikeman with a 1hander.... I stopped reading when I realised you were talking out of your anus, only time I have used a hornbow was over a year ago on a HA alt, but that was killed when lances became 2slot unsheathable. Have a great day with your weird assumptions....
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 05:51:52 pm by BlindGuy »
I don't know enough

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 17, 2012, 06:02:16 pm »
no, you're a support class, deal with it. you're not in the fight - you sit back and lob shit at the fight. you're supporting the dudes doing the actual fighting. the job of archers is to soften up the armored up 2h/polearm guys and kill a couple peasants before the main "clash" happens. thus, you are a support class. the last patch allowed you to play like actual combatants because of how OP the hornbow/bodkin combo was against armored up guys, now that it's been fixed you're whining you can't 3shot everyone anymore.

also, you can't tell other people to L2P. if you were good enough at your class to get consistent headshots (and archer is the easiest class to play) you'd be doing better - obviously you're just a scrub who had to crutch on a hornbow/bodkin combo and is now useless. respec to a real class if you can't handle playing support.

The only reason you designate them a support class is because you want them to be and get pissed off and rage at them. The same way HA is now designated a support class (there's absolutely 0 basis for them to be classed as that). The only reason they are, is because melee has decided they are to annoying. Not even OP most of the time, just annoying despite the fact that they have plenty of counters if people just paid attention. Why should melee be the ones to get the kills and do the most damage? As far as I'm aware, being shot by a couple of arrows in the chest is just as damaging as the slash of a 2h sword. Sacrificing protection in the form of a shield for the ability to carry a giant 2h sword should have drawbacks in that yes, you will die to arrows if you don't play it smart.

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 17, 2012, 06:07:43 pm »
The only reason you designate them a support class is because you want them to be and get pissed off and rage at them. The same way HA is now designated a support class (there's absolutely 0 basis for them to be classed as that). The only reason they are, is because melee has decided they are to annoying. Not even OP most of the time, just annoying despite the fact that they have plenty of counters if people just paid attention. Why should melee be the ones to get the kills and do the most damage? As far as I'm aware, being shot by a couple of arrows in the chest is just as damaging as the slash of a 2h sword. Sacrificing protection in the form of a shield for the ability to carry a giant 2h sword should have drawbacks in that yes, you will die to arrows if you don't play it smart.

You dont understand: THEY are heroes. They must be. They all believe it. When they put those points into 2h wpf, it gave them heroic status which allows them to look down on all others because they have the easiest time in melee. And since they have the easiest time in melee, it follows that all non melee classes should be abolished. Else, how can they be the heroes they KNOW they are.
I don't know enough

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #118 on: January 17, 2012, 06:12:48 pm »
+3
when a_bear_irl thinks archers seem fine, you know they got overnerfed.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Old_Sir_Agor

• Baron
  • Renown: 85
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: DenBitre_Sir_Agor
« Reply #119 on: January 17, 2012, 06:15:54 pm »
when a_bear_irl thinks archers seem fine, you know they got overnerfed.

and who is he? some peasant? who allways cry about ranged? i never saw him )
shooting at people from a reachable place as last man standing is not delaying. Even if you're on the other side of the map.