Author Topic: What Changed?  (Read 1388 times)

Offline Gomer

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 368
  • cRPG Player
  • Skill Crutcher
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Gomer
What Changed?
« on: January 10, 2012, 02:45:21 am »
+1
I recently went back to Crossbower! I was an archer and due to nerfs and people bitching at me I switched. The thing I have noticed is now everyone says the Arbalest is OP. My question is what changed? They haven't buffed it in a very long time..... They Nerfed the accuracy and Removed jump shots and made it more expensive. So it's been nerfed... Why is it now that there is less archers all the sudden crossbows are OP? Shut up you whiney my old friendgets What changed? Why is it all the sudden OP?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
Re: What Changed?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 02:51:00 am »
Nothing. Get ready to melee only in 3 of every 5 maps, since rain completely renders crossbow useless, due to long reloads.

Also, everything is OP in the right hands.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 02:56:05 am »
Nothing. Get ready to melee only in 3 of every 5 maps, since rain completely renders crossbow useless, due to long reloads.

I would've been a crossbowman instead of an infantry but for the rain. :mrgreen:
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Gomer

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Skill Crutcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 03:34:54 am »
As an ex Archer I use an crossbow and love yelling about my anger that the 1.3k repairs hit every map and then love hearing Miley and everyone else who whore ship Miley start flooding the chat. You one hit me, It's Op, Good you noob, and other loving comments that make my day. It can be easy to use for the more experienced players. But in the same theory I was in the duel server the other day and was using a Masterworks Great sword backpedaling and that is damn easy too. Everything in the right hands is powerful. Every noob that gets killed complains. But I swear if they nerf this because it's to "OP" I say try it yourself. Time your reload... Careful you have 12shots and oh yeah if the map is raining you'r even more fucked.... I say when did this change? When did it become Op? When it becomes OP tell me....

Offline isatis

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ink+water showing their true potential!
    • View Profile
    • le Clan des Cochons!
  • Faction: Le clan des Cochons!!
  • Game nicks: Cochon_Furtif_Isatis
  • IRC nick: Isatis
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 03:48:57 am »
+1
Quote from: every single player of c-rpg  date: since the dawn of time
I shall blame every single thing except me for my failure. NERF EVERYTHING IT'S SO DAMM OP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but buff me k? cool!

face it, every guy that whine about OP thing and don't use such OP thing send you a big shiny message of their foolery, therefore don't listen.

So the new response to ranged ragers is not "get a shield", it is "learn to chamber ranged nub!"

Offline Gomer

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Skill Crutcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 03:52:27 am »
+1
face it, every guy that whine about OP thing and don't use such OP thing send you a big shiny message of their foolery, therefore don't listen.
Yeah Im like every cRPG player. I rage intill something good happens to me. "AUTO BALANCE SUCKS,RANGE OP,CAV OP,MOD DEAD,SO MANY TROLLS"
They get a times 5.... "Wow I took 5 arrows maybe it isn't OP, My teams won 23rounds in a row maybe autobalance rocks, Cav is only good on certain maps, Wow those trolls are great they made a sige tower the entire last round and all died because they were unarmed"

cRPG players are whiney bitches.... God I love this game!

Quote from my sig I have linked..... Works well too :P

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2012, 04:02:50 am »
+1
Did I understand this correctly? Crossbows reload slower when it's raining?

If this is true, and the reason for that is that crossbows work less well in rain, then I have to say this feature is both unfair and "wrong".

It is unfair because no other weapon gets influenced by weather, so why punishing a certain class?

And it is wrong because crossbows DO fire worse with a wet string, but so do bows. The only difference is, that you can transport bows in rain without problems, as you could unspan (?) them and carry the string under your helmet, where it was kept dry. But you couldn't unspan a crossbow, you probably need a working bench for this.

But as soon as you have the bow spanned and it's raining, the string will become wet, too, and so the bow will suffer, as well.

If also bows suffer from rain, the "wrong" argument is to be ignored, if there is no such feature at all, just forget what I wrote. But if only crossbows really suffer from rain, I would ask myself why in this case realism goes over balance. 
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 04:04:18 am by Joker86 »
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Gomer

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Skill Crutcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2012, 04:16:02 am »
@Joker Actualy early crossbows where soaked in an early glue to weather treat it. It was crude and could be patchy. But actually was somewhat effective. The rain wouldn't affect the bolts drop for a good 285yards. So in actuality the crossbow performs better in the rain. Also crossbowmen were often covered.

http://www.castles.me.uk/medieval-crossbow.htm A little refresher

Also I dislike giving infantry and advantage due to weather when in reality there performance would be worse. There speed would be reduced there clothing soaked and heavier and the cheaper woods of some of the lower tier woods would warp while Yew and Spruce wood used in making bow and crossbow would be uninfected and the strings are crudely weathered and would be used in cover. So thus this advantage makes NO SENSE!

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2012, 11:40:29 am »
Both bows(90%) and crossbows(75%) do less damage and have less shot speed during rain in cRPG. Reloading time is not changed as far as I know. Athletics(forgot about riding) is nerfed as well, so one could see it as some kind of compensation for having slower moving targets.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 11:48:49 am by Paul »

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2012, 11:51:26 am »
I only mentioned the damage nerf is so huge, adding the already slow reloading time, renders your arbalest useles...

So going melee in half or more of your gametime is a reality, get used to it.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2012, 01:25:24 pm »
Both bows(90%) and crossbows(75%) do less damage and have less shot speed during rain in cRPG. Reloading time is not changed as far as I know. Athletics(forgot about riding) is nerfed as well, so one could see it as some kind of compensation for having slower moving targets.

Sounds okay then, although I would keep the debuff same for both weapons.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline bonekuukkeli

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Xawi_von_Perkele
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2012, 02:00:55 pm »
I always melee in rainy maps. It's just retarded that some archers can take 2 bolts when it's clear sky and 3 when it's raining. Just going to ask... when looking at how long arbalest takes to reload and how inaccurate it is nowdays... how often you can actually put those needed bolts in one archer?

Sometimes it's just retarded that I have fired 5+ hits in round but still not single kill when using MW arbalest MW steel bolts. You rarely get to fire same target again anyway. Well.. it's retarded when looking at slow reload and low accuracy. Archers can spam one target down quite fast and kill low hp targets in one arrow quickly and nicely while xbowers are bending over behind corners firing one bolt here and there, but still purely based on luck if hit actually kills anything or not.

Sure, support character and sometimes when luck shines upon me, I might do quite well there but 80% of time someone else gets free kill. And yep, still works quite well in melee (if you invest points...).

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2012, 03:57:36 pm »
Isn't cavalry speed/maneuv also affected by rain?

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1853
  • Infamy: 334
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2012, 06:02:46 pm »
Athletics(forgot about riding) is nerfed as well, so one could see it as some kind of compensation for having slower moving targets.

Heavily nerfed. My 8 ath feels like 4 when it's raining.

Offline Mosquito

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2012, 07:26:57 pm »
+1
French lost Agincourt because of the rain, they had crossbowmen. But also they had lots of heavy inf and cav that got bogged in the churned-up muddy ground. That let the plucky English and Welsh longbowmen prevail against a force that hugely outnumbered them!.........and they milked the x5 for a hundred years :lol: