Author Topic: Dueling build?  (Read 6978 times)

Offline Bl0rk

• Knight
  • Renown: 37
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Pixel Paladins !
  • Game nicks: Royce252
Re: Dueling build?
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2011, 04:42:18 pm »
18/21 at lvl 31

6 PS - Alright damage.
6 IF  - Survive another hit or a pair of arrows.

7 Ath - This is God-mode, with high enough athletics you can kite around groups of players and run from the zerg-horde when needed.
7 WM - Every point spent into 2h. Hybridization sucks, you'll only kill noobs with 100-130 wfp. My almost dead grandmother can block someone with that speed.

And if you're as mad as me...

18/24 at lvl 34

6 PS
6 IF

8 Ath
8 WM

On the topic of str vs agi and the various skills...

I prefer speed, both weapon speed and run speed above all else. What's the use of massive damage if you never hit anything?

Ps. Xant, no u  :o

Problem is, that I'm going to retire at 31 again, so where is the use of a level 31 build for me?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 05:12:42 pm by Bl0rk »

Offline Phyrex

• Count
  • Renown: 192
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 22nd Battalion
  • Game nicks: 22nd_Overlord_Phyrex
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2011, 04:45:07 pm »
But the difference between 6 and 7 athletics is so minimal! You can make up for it by wearing a bit lighter armor, putting on your grindface and heirlooming the light armor.

At 6 WM you'll have 155 WPF in 2H, at 7 WM it'll be 164. Unfortunately no one knows what 9 WPF points mean in practice, but since the progression is linear, I think the difference is veeeery minimal.

Ps.

(click to show/hide)

I must disagree, I noticed a differense when I had 8 athletics instead of 7 while using coat of plates and alot more when using my ninja set. Yes, I guess you could use lesser armor and heirloom it, but personally, I like to keep alot of different sets, so I can't just heirloom one set. :P

Barely any differense on 6 or 7 wm, yes, but still noticable along with the point in athletics, this is a given skill to take anyhow.
Free Bjordhinn!

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2011, 04:49:25 pm »
I must disagree, I noticed a differense when I had 8 athletics instead of 7 while using coat of plates and alot more when using my ninja set. Yes, I guess you could use lesser armor and heirloom it, but personally, I like to keep alot of different sets, so I can't just heirloom one set. :P

Barely any differense on 6 or 7 wm, yes, but still noticable along with the point in athletics, this is a given skill to take anyhow.

Hmm, well, I was all for 21 agi but I did a naked run test with Siiem on the duel server and he was faster than me only by such a ridiculously little margin that I was less than impressed... though at the time I had 20 agi, 6 athletics and he had 21 agi, 7 athletics - so I'd be a bit slower with 2 less agi. Maybe the benefits are different with heavier armor, though?

Hybridization sucks, you'll only kill noobs with 100-130 wfp. My almost dead grandmother can block someone with that speed.

And about this, your dead grandmother would sadly be one of the better cRPG players :lol:
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 04:50:28 pm by Xant »
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Phyrex

• Count
  • Renown: 192
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 22nd Battalion
  • Game nicks: 22nd_Overlord_Phyrex
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2011, 04:50:30 pm »
Problem is, that I'm going to retire at 31 again, so where is the use of a level 30 build for me?

When I grind I pick the least populated server and completely dominate it, that gives me x5 90% of the time. Cookie-cutter build+skill equals win and win equals x5! :P

As for when trying to hit lvl 31...

I tend to get 9 str first... so I can use my katana, then grind up to 15 agi, after that 15str and then 21 agi and then 18 str!
Free Bjordhinn!

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2011, 06:46:17 pm »
Bobthehero_BRD

Strength   28   
Agility   9   

One Handed   130   [7 WPF cost]

Ironflesh   9   
Power Strike   9   
Shield   3   
Athletics   3   
Riding   0   
Horse Archery   0   
Power Draw   0   
Power Throw   0   
Weapon master *   3   

Wearing plate and one shotting many little bunnies.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline Marblecake

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sir_Marblecake_the_Motorized, Azincourt, The_Little_Hobbit, The_Crushing_Hobbit, Plumbers_Mario
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2011, 07:55:22 pm »
But one-shotting many little bunnies isn't the point, is it?

I mean, the idea is to have a build that lends itself to quick, skilful play, good against even the best duelists, right?

I really like Phyrex's build, but I made one tiny mistake...I put 6 points into PT instead of IF, which I'm now regretting :(

Ah well, the little Hobbit is still quite good with his 2h =)

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2011, 06:02:06 am »
Little bunnies= everyone with more agi than you :P and many of them is just of saying you can duel more than once in 1 life

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2011, 07:38:05 pm »
You can have this at lvl 30:
(click to show/hide)

Maybe shift some skill points, if you need more WPF, but I wouldn't do it. 148 is plenty IMO. With IF 5, you get to 63 HP, which should help to survive two hits from some guys at least.
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2011, 12:05:22 pm »
I'll say this, 7 athletics, peasant armor and a 2 hander (with decent WPF) is freaking crazy.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2011, 01:59:12 pm »
I think its all about how much STR you really need..

From my experience 15 STR with a normal katana is enough to 2 shot most players. With a masterwork katana 12 STR is enough.
Theres no point in taking 95% of someones life out with the first hit. you still need 2 hits :-)
Of course all this depends on the enemy armor and IF, but I'm talking average usefulness.

My last gen had 12 STR, and no throwing, no IF. You are made of paper with little room for mistake, but that's how I like it. The 9 athletics give a lot of room for dancing around, choosing your battles, and being where you are "not supposed to be yet" in the battle. Also, dodging projectiles becomes much easier, archers miss you because they lead their shots behind you etc etc.. Basically: Freedom to control your situation in battle.

You also safely know that almost no-one can outspam you, and you can force 1vs1 situations even fighting multiple opponents.

Now I'm going with a 15/21 build with 5 pthrow, and already I have much more "stand and fight" situations, dodging is much harder etc etc..

Of course, you might want 15 str to use a better sword than the katana..
In the end the High Agi build lends itself best to light armor as they are beneficial to each other, both working towards speed.

If you plan on using heavier armor, IF pays off much more as armor makes those HP last longer.

Heavy armor is friends with STR and IF (To a point. More than 18-21 str is wasted as you 2 shot almost everyone anyway)
Light armor is friends with AGI (To the point where you need 3-4 strikes to kill anyone, getting glances etc..)

PS: Also i might be jaded, as I always always go for headshots in battle.. All this depends on your skill, your ping, if you have an accurate mouse etc.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 02:00:54 pm by Thomek »

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2011, 05:17:10 pm »
Well, it depends on what you consider as average, Thomek, but with 15 STR 5 PS 150 WPF and katana you won't take out another 15 str guy with 40 armor in two hits on average. You will do 23 damage on average against this guy. Masterwork katana and 12 STR 4 PS 150 WPF will also not be enough (24.5 damage on average).
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 05:19:02 pm by zagibu »

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2011, 05:33:56 pm »
Well, it depends on what you consider as average, Thomek, but with 15 STR 5 PS 150 WPF and katana you won't take out another 15 str guy with 40 armor in two hits on average. You will do 23 damage on average against this guy. Masterwork katana and 12 STR 4 PS 150 WPF will also not be enough (24.5 damage on average).

Speedbonus mate.

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2011, 07:20:47 pm »
Yeah, okay, but 40 armor is also a bit low. I'd wager average armor is higher, probably around 45. And I'm not sure if str 15 is average, many ppl go for at least 18 nowadays, so that's 3 HP more, or if some points in IF, even more. I still expect him to require 3 hits on average. But then again, if he hits the head...

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2011, 03:32:08 am »
Its another speed vs damage debate, I personally one shotted so many with a stab from my long espada that I am never going to have less than 9 ps on a 30 lvl build.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2011, 05:04:04 am »
There are many factors involved, and I do think average armor is a bit lower than 45.. 40 is probably optimistic, considering there are lots of peasants, ninjas, money-savers, archers around. Of course a well equipped high level infantry might have more, but I'm talking average here.

Anyway, this is my "feel" in the end. There are so many factors involved that I trust my soon 1 year experience with crpg more than the stats. But anyway.. my goal is to 2 shot my opponents in my builds, not 1 shot them or 3 shot them. But.. yeah .. headshots!

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.