Author Topic: Teamwounding penalty  (Read 1292 times)

Offline Wizard_of_chaos

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Teamwounding penalty
« on: January 02, 2012, 04:46:44 am »
I think the teamwounding penalty should have a 5 seconds delay before the other player can blame the one that hit before so there is time to say sorry. Being accused teamwounding can show a mistake if the person asks for pardon, and telling the other sorry shows it was not intentionnal and most often can remove the anger of the teamhitted accidentally player. Seriously, I see so much accusations in a game and I don't see anyone anymore telling sorry. I think this really discourages people saying sorry as there is no time before getting accused, and honestly it's pretty frustrating to be accused while it was a mistake and not having the time to say anything. As you may know, it is impossible to never teamhit anyone accidentally in M&B Warband

Thanks
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 04:48:10 am by Wizard_of_chaos »

Offline Arkonor

• Knight
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Arkonor
Re: Teamwounding penalty
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 04:53:49 am »
The system should just be automatic. If someone does a friendly attack 5 times in one map he is doing something  horribly wrong. Auto ban till next map as punishment?

Offline Nehvar

• Duke
  • Renown: 550
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 05:07:07 am »
+1
The system should just be automatic. If someone does a friendly attack 5 times in one map he is doing something  horribly wrong. Auto ban till next map as punishment?

Really? Did you even think that one through?  My overheads glance off ass-hugging teammates all the time.  Technically they could mash "M" on me but is it really my fault that they are retarded?
WSE2 gives us the key to a wonderful world of butthurt...

Offline Hunter_the_Honourable

• Count
  • Renown: 229
  • Infamy: 178
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Killing fairy riders for the good of cRPG.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-fairy riders.
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 06:24:28 am »
I think the teamwounding penalty should have a 5 seconds delay before the other player can blame the one that hit before so there is time to say sorry. Being accused teamwounding can show a mistake if the person asks for pardon, and telling the other sorry shows it was not intentionnal and most often can remove the anger of the teamhitted accidentally player. Seriously, I see so much accusations in a game and I don't see anyone anymore telling sorry. I think this really discourages people saying sorry as there is no time before getting accused, and honestly it's pretty frustrating to be accused while it was a mistake and not having the time to say anything. As you may know, it is impossible to never teamhit anyone accidentally in M&B Warband

Thanks

totally agree Sumark is the perfect example of how to abuse the system if your backswing hits him he will hit M straight away, if you accidently hit him while fighting he will hit M straight away again, yes everyone has the right to get mad if you get team hit and yes I get pretty mad but if the person says sorry I normally forget it but now all i see in game is "so and so reported so and so for teamhitting" and when people mess around at spawn punching each other and stuff and people then report that I mean come on really? really gonna report something that does NO DAMAGE if you have some sort of armor on? and I also noticed less people apologise now it annoys me that people get put off of saying sorry because of some retards who just see red writing and a letter and just do it.. i mean ffs people grow up!

Its a a medieval game, alot of close quarter combat going on and believe it or not but archers cant always hit their target even with a small retical..people make mistakes and things go wrong so deal with it grow the hell up and dont rage at someone who took some of your HP if they say sorry clearly it shows they didnt mean it and they didnt intend to!
How can you trust People?
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.

Offline Lech

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 01:06:05 pm »
It's not really important on EU servers, i played a bit with it and both teamhit and got teamhit. I was reported once, and only because the player wanted to find out if he can report 2 guys. I didn't reported anyone who hit me in heat of battle, even if i got teamkilled (i did, many times).

So i guess it work just fine.

Offline Zerran

• Count
  • Renown: 276
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Caita_KUTT, Fellys_KUTT
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2012, 08:36:34 am »
+1
totally agree Sumark is the perfect example of how to abuse the system if your backswing hits him he will hit M straight away, if you accidently hit him while fighting he will hit M straight away again, yes everyone has the right to get mad if you get team hit and yes I get pretty mad but if the person says sorry I normally forget it but now all i see in game is "so and so reported so and so for teamhitting" and when people mess around at spawn punching each other and stuff and people then report that I mean come on really? really gonna report something that does NO DAMAGE if you have some sort of armor on? and I also noticed less people apologise now it annoys me that people get put off of saying sorry because of some retards who just see red writing and a letter and just do it.. i mean ffs people grow up!

Its a a medieval game, alot of close quarter combat going on and believe it or not but archers cant always hit their target even with a small retical..people make mistakes and things go wrong so deal with it grow the hell up and dont rage at someone who took some of your HP if they say sorry clearly it shows they didnt mean it and they didnt intend to!

True, if someone doesn't report me I almost always apologize as soon as I'm out of a fight, but when they report it kind of just feels like a "fuck you". I like the idea of the system, but it needs to stop being abused to badly... maybe ask admins to start saying something if someone is abusing it?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Adalwulf

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 53
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Adalwulf
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2012, 08:48:37 am »
only thing the reporting is good for is trolling. Like holding your weapon above your head in front of a teammate and then when he goes to swing at your block let go and let him hit you for the lol report. Also the glancing and punching a tin can and getting reported is just silly.

Offline justme

• Count
  • Renown: 188
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandits
  • Game nicks: Bandit_Elsupreme
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2012, 12:17:09 pm »
+2
horses can team-wound too, and they have no control in bumping.. why don't we apply same thing to them too?

Offline Zerran

• Count
  • Renown: 276
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Caita_KUTT, Fellys_KUTT
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2012, 12:20:50 pm »
horses can team-wound too, and they have no control in bumping.. why don't we apply same thing to them too?

THIS!! If anything needs the ability to be reported it's friendly horsebumps. A lot of cav just really don't seem to care if they bump teammates, despite the fact that it can deal a fair amount of damage against lightly armored infantry, or cause the friendly to die due to enemies.

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2012, 06:28:58 pm »
THIS!! If anything needs the ability to be reported it's friendly horsebumps. A lot of cav just really don't seem to care if they bump teammates, despite the fact that it can deal a fair amount of damage against lightly armored infantry, or cause the friendly to die due to enemies.

True cav bumping is annoying, even though i am cav I actually hate bumping people since it just causes hatred and I try and say sorry if i do but there are times where you cant help but bump like on EU 1 when the servers full, at spawn you cant help but bump people at spawn since theres soo many people all around you and the quickest way out is to bump them over, Personally I think if cav could spawn to the side of people rather then amongst them it would stop alot of bumping.

But I do know that some cav players are dicks and bump you mid fight or just around in general and it can do damage and it can be very annoying and I think the report should be added for it but only AFTER the devs have found a way to stop people abusing the current reoprt system and people learn to grow up and not just troll with it.
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2012, 04:41:42 am »
+1
Teamhit should just give -1000 exp or -100 gold, problem solved.
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2012, 04:45:27 am »

what about back swing?
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.

Offline Nehvar

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2012, 05:21:00 am »
+1

So the trolls who jump in front of your swings just to report you can do that much more damage? No. 

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2012, 07:11:57 am »
So the trolls who jump in front of your swings just to report you can do that much more damage? No.

How many times does that happen per round? And how many times do you die because some noob doesn't know there are 3 different swing directions other than rightswing? Maybe those noobs would learn faster if they had to pay for it.
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Nehvar

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2012, 02:06:52 pm »
How many times does that happen per round? And how many times do you die because some noob doesn't know there are 3 different swing directions other than rightswing? Maybe those noobs would learn faster if they had to pay for it.

There was someone on the NA siege server the other night, Odin-something, who did nothing but intentionally leap in front of attacks to report people.  I don't need to be further penalized by his trolling.  ...and I do frequently take hits from jerks who apparently think they can swing through my back--but causing me to lose exp/gold when people troll me or decide to hug my ass and eat backswings is not going to get my vote.