Poll

gtfo?

ya
104 (51.5%)
no,  help me!
98 (48.5%)

Total Members Voted: 202

Author Topic: inf, do you want cav support in a clusterfuck situation?  (Read 4407 times)

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
Re: inf, do you want cav support in a clusterfuck situation?
« Reply #60 on: December 29, 2011, 06:33:01 pm »
i always play as peasant assassin and always got bump by horses from team mates. Guess what? In the end i always ended up getting kill or lose half of my hp cuz my fav gear is peasant armour

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #61 on: December 29, 2011, 07:26:00 pm »
When I play Infantry I take more damage from team mates mindlessly spamming swings in battle than from friendly horses or friendly archers.

Just today I was riding past a guy, he was on my left and slightly further up the slope we were on, he was moving away from me and I was steering clear of enemy pikes to my right, I wasn't close to him, but he suddenly jumps down the slope right back into my path, I tried to turn when I saw him jump but it was impossible for me to avoid him as he literally jumped right infront of my horse, then he got killed and blamed me.

He blames me for what, for being on a Horse?. Yeah, I pay the upkeep and the skillpoints to ride it, if you are going to jump directly into my path when I have tried to give you as much space as I can and not interfere with your fight, without putting myself in danger, I certainly am not going to take any blame for it.

I'm also not going to ride around in circles in the few open spaces on certain maps, I stay aware of my team mates around me, but being a good Infantry player requires awareness too, because if I was an enemy cav he would have been just as dead. You can't blame friendly cavalry for everything, especially if you throw yourself infront of speeding horses and expect them to be able to steer out of the way everytime. In many cases it's neither parties fault, but the infantry player chooses to blame the cav player simply because of how the horse bumps him down, even though the Cavalry player did his best to stay away from the Infantry player.

It's the same idea of when you are having a melee fight, you and one enemy are face to face swinging at eachother, then a team mate thinks it's a good idea to run from behind you and past your side, causing your side swing to hit him before you can even see him and either hurt him or glance off of him. If you hit your team mate and hurt him or kill him he then blames you, even though it was his fault for being a stupid twat, but if you glance off of him and die because the enemy hits you during the moment you glance off of your stupid team mate, he doesn't think he has done anything wrong.

They are the kind of idiots that make it nice to play Cavalry, because I don't have to deal with them and quite frankly, regardless of the whines about cavalry, I will continue playing it and I will continue going into battles to kill enemies.

Offline gazda

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • Its almost harvesting season.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saracens
  • Game nicks: Gazda_the_Swine
  • IRC nick: gazda
« Reply #62 on: December 29, 2011, 07:29:42 pm »
you all just mad we come in your battles and steal your kills  :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
  • Renown: 535
  • Infamy: 960
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • O===((:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: GTX
  • IRC nick: GTX
« Reply #63 on: December 29, 2011, 07:45:43 pm »
It goes both ways man.  If you're not aware of the cav trying to help, then you're likely running circles around the enemy and not giving your cav player the chance to help.  If you give slightly more room for the cav they're likely to knock the enemy to the ground giving you an easy target.

If im in a 3v1, i do not rly have time to look where the cav is at, and then afterwards look where he is gonna run in from. So when i know that i can then figure out where to move in the gank, to stay alive and avoid getting killed by my own cav. Just no dude.

If u need to set up a gank with a random cav, u need to do it before u get into a 3v1. Because at most occasions, u will just be too busy surviving. So as i said earlier, thats why i need an experienced cav if he wants to jump in, without me being able to see it completely, since im pretty busy with archers, xbow and all the infantry around me.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 07:53:40 pm by _GTX_ »

Offline PhantomZero

• Earl
  • Renown: 384
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • I'm going to need you playing at 6AM on Saturday..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BIRD CLAN
  • Game nicks: POSTMASTER_PHANTOM0_OF_BIRD
  • IRC nick: PhantomZero
« Reply #64 on: December 29, 2011, 08:27:34 pm »
All infantry needs to do is yell "Broken Arrow!" and cav will be there to support, friendly fire is just part of the deal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=dfImiqpf6eo#t=28s

Cav is the aircraft of the battlefield.

Offline Nagasoup

• Knight
  • Renown: 42
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sir_Donkey
« Reply #65 on: December 29, 2011, 08:54:24 pm »
I've got no problem getting tked by good cav tbh, because they usually do more good than bad. Its worth tking the odd infantry here and there if you help your team win the game.

Its the bad cav thats the problem, and if you;re a bad cav, you know who you are  :mrgreen: stop bumping me!

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #66 on: December 30, 2011, 05:39:38 am »
Depends on the cav.  If I know they are there I can work with them and it can be a huge help.

But if the cav player is like me on horseback (awful) then get awaaay!
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345