Author Topic: Now Hiring: Forum Moderators  (Read 7817 times)

Offline BD_Guard_Bane

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guards
  • Game nicks: BD_Guard_Bane
  • IRC nick: cmpxchg8b
Re: Now Hiring: Forum Moderators
« Reply #75 on: February 21, 2011, 11:01:30 pm »
Is this still open?

If it is, I'd like to apply.

Though not if you have to be a game admin as well.

Here is my C.V:

1) Thousands of forum users have already given me thousands of awesome points. You don't get 5009 awesome points over-night. This is clearly a demonstration of popular support.

2) I am already the president of EBOE. In addition, I arrived at this post after being Baned for some time - no one else has managed to make a comeback like that.

3) I work at odd hours, so I can moderate for the NA folk. In addition, I am the most popular (as shown in a recent poll by CBOS, Poland) and respected non-NA forum user among the NA cRPG population.

4) I have never trolled the forums, or demonstrated anything other than the highest level of respect for the users and posts of these forums.

5) I can read every language in the world, as long as it is written in English or German.

6) I have written several books ('So You Want To Be A Forum Moderator?, A Guide By Hamalech, 2009', '1001 Moderately Funny Puns To Spice Up Your Moderating Duties, 2010, 'Moderating Forums Is A Way Of Life, 2010', 'A History Of Moderation, An Autobiography By Hamalech, to be published in March 2011') on the subject of Moderating.

I feel that I would be an excellent addition to the moderating team.

Regards

Hamalech.

I defended the village and all I got was this stupid title.

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • Renown: 88
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
  • becouse an image is worth a thousand words
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vicious666_xXx
  • IRC nick: Vicious666
« Reply #76 on: February 22, 2011, 01:03:49 am »
vicious for professional admin!

WHO'S

WITH

MEEEE

no thx

and btw who say ME ME FOR ADMIN, is not good for           thats why i consider this entire 3d   trash.            if they wanna  more admin/moderators they need to find  the people they need by knowing such ppl, not picking random      screamers           

Offline Bjarky

• Earl
  • Renown: 352
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • U got gold? I bring tea, silk, hemp, camels +more!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Leadership member)
  • Game nicks: Guard_BD_Bjarky, Guard_the_Lederhosen
  • IRC nick: bjarky
« Reply #77 on: February 22, 2011, 01:15:18 am »
Is this still open?

If it is, I'd like to apply.

Though not if you have to be a game admin as well.

Here is my C.V:

1) Thousands of forum users have already given me thousands of awesome points. You don't get 5009 awesome points over-night. This is clearly a demonstration of popular support.

2) I am already the president of EBOE. In addition, I arrived at this post after being Baned for some time - no one else has managed to make a comeback like that.

3) I work at odd hours, so I can moderate for the NA folk. In addition, I am the most popular (as shown in a recent poll by CBOS, Poland) and respected non-NA forum user among the NA cRPG population.

4) I have never trolled the forums, or demonstrated anything other than the highest level of respect for the users and posts of these forums.

5) I can read every language in the world, as long as it is written in English or German.

6) I have written several books ('So You Want To Be A Forum Moderator?, A Guide By Hamalech, 2009', '1001 Moderately Funny Puns To Spice Up Your Moderating Duties, 2010, 'Moderating Forums Is A Way Of Life, 2010', 'A History Of Moderation, An Autobiography By Hamalech, to be published in March 2011') on the subject of Moderating.

I feel that I would be an excellent addition to the moderating team.

Regards

Hamalech.
I hereby pull my app out of this race and support this shining example of an to be moderator:
+1   :!:

Offline Krakatit

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Krakatit
« Reply #78 on: February 22, 2011, 03:21:19 am »
Whats so funny about that pic that will make me shit bricks??? Maybe im too blind to see that thing there  :?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 03:22:25 am by Krakatit »

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #79 on: February 22, 2011, 11:45:04 am »
I would apply for myself if I wouldn't immediately ban "Michael" or anyone resembling him, even defending him.

I would of course get the mod privileges due to my excellent record myself...  But I would like to donate my forum mod (that I would surely get if I applied) to Bane.

Bane for moderator!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Noctivagant

• Earl
  • Renown: 470
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
  • I solve practical problems
    • View Profile
    • I never drank a six pack of warm beer
  • Faction: Mercenaries
« Reply #80 on: March 14, 2011, 05:57:24 pm »
In reviewing my past as a player and sub-moderator (language forums-Turkish), you will note that I have acquired valuable experience in all facets of communication, judgment and tyranny. I am multi-task oriented, speaking three languages (ptx is still abusing me for translating fake reports from non-English speaking users) If you are seeking an ancient cRPG professional who has  people and problem solving skills and can easily provide optimum support to your operations, then please consider what I have to offer.  I'm a biological google translator who is active on forums more often than the actual game.I believe it would be mutually beneficial for us to meet and discuss the goals of the forum and how my technical abilities and mind blowing sarcasm can help you and your players to achieve those goals.
Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 14, 2011, 06:00:33 pm »
That, or you could stay as Global Moderator's aide in turkish matters  :lol:

Offline The_Newer_Wind

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 14, 2011, 11:00:30 pm »
I think I would make a good moderator. I have not trolled or spammed posts on the forum. I have not caused controversy on the forum that I know of. I have adequate skill in English, and I can type quickly. I can also read Russian, not great but I can get by most of the time. I have a internet connection and I do not go beserk when someone makes little comments. I hope you consider me for this position, I think I would make a great addition to forum moderators, and once again I hope you consider me for this.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 11:02:43 pm by The_Newer_Wind »

Offline Grey

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • Hope you like arrows...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: -
« Reply #83 on: March 14, 2011, 11:44:14 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Please check this guy's posts, compare them with the paragraph above and draw your own conclusions.
Bamboo Bundle Bowman: 90'' draw, groups at 200 yards.

Offline The_Newer_Wind

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 15, 2011, 12:57:42 am »
(click to show/hide)

Please check this guy's posts, compare them with the paragraph above and draw your own conclusions.

I am not refusing if they do that, in fact please do if you would like. I have nothing to hide. I do not want to get in a argument with you so I am not answering to anymore of this.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 15, 2011, 08:44:50 am »
I am applying to be a forum moderator for I am a god, without the living forever part.

Offline LordRichrich

• Count
  • Renown: 297
  • Infamy: 115
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 15, 2011, 08:51:51 am »
I'd like to be admin ^^
My qualifications:
A mouse, keyboard and internet connection.
Native English speaker.
I can be on (GMT) nearly most weekends and 4-10 weeknights
I beleive I would be a good admin because I have seen the unjustices, and ye there are many, caused by admins. Not necessarily forum admins. Actually, there weren't many. One, maybe two that I know of. Back to the point. Also I think I'd be better than a game admin because they already do so much, don't wanna wear em out :)
I see myself as a pleasant person and the main thing I'd like to try and do is reduce the flaming of awful idea topics. C'mon guys, no matter how awful it is at least the guy tries!
And that's my application

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
  • Renown: 446
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeQueL
  • IRC nick: SeQueL
« Reply #87 on: March 16, 2011, 09:42:55 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Newer wins.

Offline DaddyDeath

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: OldFolk_KingMan
  • Game nicks: PatchDD
« Reply #88 on: March 16, 2011, 10:07:07 pm »
I am old... retired ..play way too much.. not that good ....so lots of time to type,,,been there seen it all .. done it all.. nothing can phase me ... do not get excited .. excellent meditaion skills.... and do not put with shit ..LOL

Been playing this since beta under various names... and still enjoy mainly NA now caise of ping

When u need me..call

DD

Better far than cowardice is killing and being killed in battle.”
If it's natural to kill, how come men have to go into training to learn how?
                                           Joan Beaz

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #89 on: March 16, 2011, 10:24:56 pm »
Applications closed.