Author Topic: cRPG is dead in such cases  (Read 7565 times)

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: cRPG is dead in such cases
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2011, 10:57:35 pm »
+2
duelling on crpg is a joke.
You're duelling someone with a different set of stats and a different weapon, which is just ridiculous. It's not a test of skill at duelling as a test of grinding.

Also, duelling with 125 range weapons is just lame.
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2011, 11:02:13 pm »
You're duelling someone with a different set of stats and a different weapon, which is just ridiculous. It's not a test of skill at duelling as a test of grinding.

On the other hand, it is invaluable practice to see if you can defend yourself against X which happens often on the battlefield...

But screw trying to practice blocking, right?

No one said it was fair...
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2011, 11:28:37 pm »
+4

You sound like one of the many native duelists that comes on here talking about c-rpg duels. And like the rest of them, you're only looking at one aspect of it. As Tears said, it does help others to practice against weapons and playstyles that they may have trouble with instead of doing so, messing up, and having to wait the rest of the round to try again. I also switch between weapons alot and some are quite different from one another. It's nice to have a place where I can go and practice for as long as I need to. Besides, most skilled players i know on c-rpg are/were pretty good native players that go and native duel quite alot.
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2011, 01:22:01 am »
i think you're missing the difference between duelling and training.

duelling is a game in it's own right, not training for battle. It's actually rather bad training for battle, considering duelling/ advanced blocking ability on battle is rather worthless.
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2011, 03:04:02 am »
Thats true. I didnt want to sound racist towards french people. Official servers-admins are good guys.

Your sig is good enough for that. Or would be if it made any sense. You're probably too fucking stupid to realize it didn't. Let me help you. There is a missing word in there. An avenue in itself just means a street. Why would a street not have sun? Why would it be shady? If we're talking about Paris then probably because of the tree's lining it. So you're missing the word "tree-lined" right before avenues. You're welcome.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 03:05:03 am by Oberyn »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2011, 03:05:49 am »
+1
Oberyn, are you trying to be the next Patricia?

Yes, you are all Grr ferocious and angry and blunt and stuff... Good job... Go away.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2011, 03:11:46 am »
lawl. Leo says avenue is a street lined by trees. And well, the sentence in my signature is just a joke and not racist. german soldiers did marched trough france quite a few times in history. Youre welcome.

Really? I can recall 2 times. One at the end of the 19th century, the other in mid-20th. I can however recall, yes, quite a few times where french armies marched through what is now Germany. Yet if I made a joke about that, I'd be derided as an idiot, because everyone knows the french suck at war lolol, right? Yeah, suggesting that an entire culture and ethnicity thats been around for almost a thousand years is composed entirely of mincing ninny's that run away at the first sign of conflict isn't racist at all. Not to mention pretty fucking stupid, but that's ok, I understand it's due to being a weak minded cunt who gets his historical perspective from american pop culture. Truly the greatest source of historical veracity ever.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2011, 03:22:38 am »
Well, I´m not at all weak minded or a cunt, and not at all my historcial perspective comes from american pop culture.

I don´t know why you are so offended by a joke like this, maybe because youre a french?
Everybody who is educated in some way knows that france has a great military history and I know it. It just that the fact that France lost every war they fought against germany or just won it because they got help from american buddys. Napoleonic wars excluded, of course.

Considering there was no such thing as Germany for most of France's history, including the Napoleonic wars, and that the existence of Germany basically came about because of wars with France in the late 19th, yes, that's pretty accurate.
Where are you from Warlord? Swedish, right?

In any case let's not beat around the bush on this. When it comes to "jokes" about French military in popular culture it all comes back to the fall of France in WW2. They simply did not exist until then. Of course since the end of WW2 they've been retroactively applied to pretty much any war that had the French in it, which is where the retardedness comes in.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 03:31:34 am by Oberyn »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2011, 03:51:26 am »
+1
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avenue_(landscape)

"In landscaping, an avenue or allée is traditionally a straight route with a line of trees or large shrubs running along each"

--

The French lost to Germans in WW2, but Germany actually only won partly because they got lucky, and partly because of a general with a fresh view on tactics (the tactic that came to be called 'Blitzkrieg' was first used against France). einstein was actually very worried about France - he didn't see how he could beat their army. 'Blitzkrieg' was pretty much an act of desperation, it was the only tactic (at least einstein thought so) that didn't for sure end in complete defeat for chocolate chip cookie Germany, so they gave it a go. Many of Germany's generals were very skeptical, but it ended up working anyway... because it was a new tactic and because the French had shitty communication (only a handful tanks had radios).

German historian Karl-Heinz Frieser explained:
"The campaign in the west was not a planned campaign of conquest. Instead, it was an operational act of despair to get out of a desperate strategic situation. What is called "Blitzkrieg thinking" did not develop until after [author's emphasis] the campaign in the west. It was not the cause but rather the consequence of victory. Something that in May 1940, had come off successfully to everyone's surprise, was now to serve the implementation of einstein's visions of conquest in the form of the secret success.

So the French really didn't just roll over and surrender at the first sign of battle. But that's the common misconception, and you have to look into it yourself to find out the truth.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2011, 07:24:21 am »
+1
Vibe bored

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2011, 07:26:28 am »
wel fuk yuo
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2011, 01:21:47 pm »
+1
Oberyn is just jelly frenchman

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2011, 05:45:45 pm »
I will often sigh in French to be International.

*Le sigh*

:P
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline ShinySpoons

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: RS
  • Game nicks: AltOfSpoons
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2011, 08:08:19 am »
French people are sissy jokes have been around since the Romans, though its not quite accurate since they weren't actually "French" but Gauls

Offline Nagasoup

• Knight
  • Renown: 42
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sir_Donkey
« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2011, 08:57:49 am »
i think you're missing the difference between duelling and training.

duelling is a game in it's own right, not training for battle. It's actually rather bad training for battle, considering duelling/ advanced blocking ability on battle is rather worthless.

I think its you whos missing something here...

Duelling actually just means a 1v1 fight, which can be for training or competition and is the best way to practice melee fundamentals. And dueling is actually GREAT training for battle, it's where a lot of players learn how to block AT ALL, let alone have "advanced blocking ability".

And how the hell are duelling skills not important in battle? Blocking, footwork, and timing, and knowing your weapon is what every meleer needs to do well in battle, and all can be learned from dueling.

edit: I was actually a native player for a long time till i tried crpg, and I still go to native duel servers often. Your view on dueling is quite close-minded...
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 09:01:37 am by Nagasoup »