Author Topic: Multiaccounting  (Read 7175 times)

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
Re: Multiaccounting
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2011, 01:27:56 am »
Yeah, sorry if I sounded offending or unfriendly, I was just a bit pissed off by reading that you are about to ban people who use two accounts for one person which means both accounts go over the same IP, but you are leaving people alone when two or more persons are using one account each over the same IP, not telling how you differ them, and then, when people say: "Oh shit! I don't want to get banned without reason! We are the second kind of people, not the first kind, there is more of us, please do not ban us, we don't want to lose our characters!" you kind of behaved like "Oh people, stop pissing me off, I was not talking about you...". That's at least how it sounded to me.  :?  :wink:

And you are perfectly right, I don't have a clue about how this whole matter works.  :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 01:28:59 am by Joker86 »
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2945
  • Infamy: 2291
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2011, 01:39:20 am »
I dont have two accounts, but I was wondering why exactly it is illegal?

Because playing c-rpg is serious business, it's important as Olympic games, World Cup and Superbowl put together.

I hope they (developers of this fine mod) will realize (before it's too late) that c-rpg is just a mod for a indie game, with no more than 5000 souls playing it and that c-rpg is nothing without its community.

My point is, they should be nicer to this community, acting less authorative and they shouldn't strive to create perfect "balance" because it seems many people (including me) find that boring.

Less serious, less rules (loose the bossy attitude), more fun, more casual is the direction they should develop this mod. Otherwise all players left will be kids who are terrified by scary cmps, chadzs, pauls and other "adults" who develop this mod.

Being terrified means they are afraid to speak their mind and are easily controlled. Also it seems that they suffer from "grind till you drop dead" illness and that must be the reason why the devs created the illusion that losing loompoint, a little bit of cheating in strategus (which only serves to spice up a bit incredibly boring strategus), multiaccounting and trolling on forums or in game are the worst things in this world.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2011, 01:43:07 am »
+2
Less serious, less rules (loose the bossy attitude), more fun, more casual is the direction they should develop this mod. Otherwise all players left will be kids who are terrified by scary cmps, chadzs, pauls and other "adults" who develop this mod.

That's actually the direction where it's going. More casual, easier to get into.
Just check the amount of douchebags and 'LOL UMADBRAH!!!111oineleven" fail trolls ingame/forums.
Want more of those? huh.

I hope you are not serious. You want even less "law" than what it already is? Hah, members of this community never fail to amaze me.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2011, 02:20:20 am »
You're off topic, stop now.

Offline Castor

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: TS_Boyar_Castor
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2011, 02:59:22 am »
I have a question, Me and My girlfriend both play MnB, I always play on my Castor account, but very so often my gf plays on her seperate account Jon_Snow. The only problem is, we both use my desktop at my apartment to play the game?

so now she has to buy a her own pc just to play MnB lol?

on a slightly side note, why is it illegal and so severely punished to play MnB with the same IP?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 03:01:17 am by Castor »

Offline Nasturtium

• Count
  • Renown: 203
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2011, 03:02:38 am »
I couldnt get an answer to this either.

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2011, 03:44:23 am »
Trust fall!
And how!

Offline cmp

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2011, 07:50:05 am »
so now she has to buy a her own pc just to play MnB lol?

Where did you get that idea?

on a slightly side note, why is it illegal and so severely punished to play MnB with the same IP?

It's not. Multi-accounting is one person having several keys.

Offline gazda

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • Its almost harvesting season.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saracens
  • Game nicks: Gazda_the_Swine
  • IRC nick: gazda
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2011, 08:16:41 am »
how can you even know if the same person has 2(or more cd keys), 2 cd keys two seperate players, how do you link them?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2011, 08:25:56 am »
I dont have two accounts, but I was wondering why exactly it is illegal?

Well, in many online games it is forbidden or a grey-zone to have more than one key, so why shouldn't it here?

With 2 keys you can get lots of advantages like exchanging equipment between your 2 characters, being able to recruit twice as many troops in strat or just being able to continue playing the game, although you have been banned on one key for being a bad boy ingame ;)

Offline kono yaro!

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 127
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: b0nk
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2011, 09:29:02 am »
i have two accounts, but that's because i had to convert steam key to standalone key since steam wasn't working properly for me. steam's working again so the new account isn't being used.

Reno is the one i want to keep, i think the 2nd account has Kladunk or something

Offline Arcona

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ANT
  • Game nicks: ANTr_Arcona
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2011, 12:01:31 pm »
Well, in many online games it is forbidden or a grey-zone to have more than one key, so why shouldn't it here?

What???

Where did you hear that????

Nor in WoW, nor in SWTOR, nor in EVE online has anyone ever said "you cant have 2 accounts".

Quite the contrary! Companys love selling more copies of their games as it means you actually bought it again and again!

I can understand the "you cant have multi-accounts cause of Strategus" part (dubious as that may be...) but why not for normal CRPG?

Sorry for breaking off topic, just had to address the above statement.
"Hear me roar!"
"A Lannister always pays his debts."
"Twenty five whores in a room next door. Twenty five whores and I still need more."

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2011, 12:52:13 pm »
What???

Where did you hear that????

Nor in WoW, nor in SWTOR, nor in EVE online has anyone ever said "you cant have 2 accounts".

Quite the contrary! Companys love selling more copies of their games as it means you actually bought it again and again!

I can understand the "you cant have multi-accounts cause of Strategus" part (dubious as that may be...) but why not for normal CRPG?

Sorry for breaking off topic, just had to address the above statement.

Maybe it has changed now, but when I played WoW (several years ago now), I knew a couple of guys who were in trouble, because they had more than one key running on their computer.

Offline BlackMilk

• Polearm Lover
  • Earl
  • Renown: 370
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: el_Banduri
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2011, 02:34:49 pm »
BlackMilk
blackmilky

want to keep BlackMilk, obviously

Offline cmp

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2011, 03:54:27 pm »
Update:
You are allowed to transfer money/looms to the main character you decide to keep.