Poll

Better or worse?

Better than before.
164 (45.6%)
Worse than before.
138 (38.3%)
Hate you! (I do not want to post a valid opinion and/or be funny)
58 (16.1%)

Total Members Voted: 360

Author Topic: Version 0.200 Released  (Read 32814 times)

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
Re: Version 0.200 Released
« Reply #60 on: January 05, 2011, 05:34:01 pm »
Round 1: A game happens, followed by the worst autobalance system in gaming.
On a personal note, please for the love of god make team selection more than just a preference for the game. I play with anywhere from 2-5 friends daily and we'd love to be able to play together.
So, you complain about the autobalance being bad, but you want to be able to manually chose teams. Err... LOL?

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 05, 2011, 05:38:13 pm »
+1
My conclusion after various rounds :

I'll make a rage-pause by now and wait for the costly gear to vanish, then for the horse users (if some are left) to learn avoiding teammates.

Do you have to pay the upkeep for horses ??? It seems not  :shock:

Offline Arson

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Arson, Nosra
« Reply #62 on: January 05, 2011, 05:51:59 pm »
So, you complain about the autobalance being bad, but you want to be able to manually chose teams. Err... LOL?

Yes, at first it might seem counterintuitive, but nearly every other online game has found a viable solution. You're forgetting that only some players will actually have a preference. Autobalancing can occur around team preferences. Besides, I don't need to get my way all of the time, but I can guarantee that if I play with 4 other friends we will all start on different teams. It's completely reasonable to ask that team selection has a bit more weight than it does now.

Try to be a part of the solution.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 05:53:57 pm by Arson »

Offline _malek_

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 05, 2011, 05:54:16 pm »
little question now...why we dont get any exp or gold?!?

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #64 on: January 05, 2011, 05:57:17 pm »
The point of the patch is letting the people specialize or going hybrid without excelling in everything like it was before.

Huh ? Who was excelling in at least 2 type of weapons before patch ?
Now, if you want to specialize, it will be very costy (wpf way), and if you want to be hybrid, it will be very costy (upkeep gold way).
So, i don't see how this patch is letting people specialize, since thoses peoples won't have as much wpf difference as hybrid.
You can't call it specialization when you're not even sure now to kill your hybrid class in a fair duel. -_-
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Astinus

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Armata Brancaleone
  • Game nicks: AB_Astinus
« Reply #65 on: January 05, 2011, 06:00:54 pm »
Huh ? Who was excelling in at least 2 type of weapons before patch ?
Now, if you want to specialize, it will be very costy (wpf way), and if you want to be hybrid, it will be very costy (upkeep gold way).
So, i don't see how this patch is letting people specialize, since thoses peoples won't have as much wpf difference as hybrid.
You can't call it specialization when you're not even sure now to kill your hybrid class in a fair duel. -_-
Were we playing the same game? The one with Tears archers railgun, elephant who becomes 1+shield tincans when dehorsed, full plated HA railgun and so on?

Now you have to make choice, that's what I meant
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #66 on: January 05, 2011, 06:06:24 pm »
Yes, at first it might seem counterintuitive, but nearly every other online game has found a viable solution. You're forgetting that only some players will actually have a preference. Autobalancing can occur around team preferences. Besides, I don't need to get my way all of the time, but I can guarantee that if I play with 4 other friends we will all start on different teams.
Funny, because banner based auto-balance does exactly that.

Offline Whizz343

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 05, 2011, 06:10:15 pm »
Meh, this patch will completely ruin it for me, mainly because of the repairs and the amount they will cost, I would have liked to keep upgrading my armors buying better, but now I have to keep on just saving up for repairs.

Offline Cheapshot

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Cheapshot
« Reply #68 on: January 05, 2011, 06:10:43 pm »
 Only thing I'm interested in this game was archery. I was determined to keep playin no matter how bad it gets nerfed but this is too much for my determination.

- Thanks to the wpf change accuracy is a lot worse now.
- Thanks to cutting damage I do a lot less damage.
- And thanks to the new animation I shoot 2x slower now.  Besides being slow it just comes strange I cant aim anymore. And the worst thing is everytime I cancel a shot with the right click it pulls another arrow from the bag eventhough I already have one in my hand.

I could have lived with the first 2 but this new animation just ruins the game for me.

Thanks to ppl who created this mode, I had a lot of fun playing.
" thou shalt not strangle, decapitate or whatnot unless the other fella had it comin "

Offline Whizz343

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 05, 2011, 06:16:54 pm »
 Yeh, I'm thinking of packing this in.

Offline Bull

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 05, 2011, 06:47:17 pm »
I would just like to be able to test it out. I keep getting kicked from NA servers, and now they don't show up on the server list. :cry:

I did play cavalry pre-patch, and I'm terrible at hand-to-hand. I smell a big hit to my cash savings coming up...

But, overall, when the ashes settle, I think I'll like going toe-to-toe with more folks in leather armor as opposed to black plate.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 06:49:20 pm by Bull »

Offline Interceptor

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 05, 2011, 07:05:11 pm »
Archery is just good as it is. Stop crying about it.

Offline Heroin

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • cRPG NA Server Admin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB
  • Game nicks: BlackHand_Heroin, Heroin_ATS, Heroin__JaBoNRA, Heroine_Heroin_MB, F8
« Reply #72 on: January 05, 2011, 07:05:45 pm »
Oh, and throwing got overnerfed. The nerf to all the shoot speeds is not counter-weighted by the improved "speed" of having throwing weapon proficiency. With power throw 7, you can't throw a rock across the distance of a baseball diamond. It's truly horrid that they thought it necessary to nerf EVERYONE across the board.

My opinion: Put all item stats back to the old stats except the bec. Keep the new names/models. Lose the shitty archer animation. Put two-handed animation back to the way it was. Keep the new heirloom system. Tweak the upkeep system to allow the average player to easily maintain 40k in gear. Give a window of time at start of round where you can leave without losing equipment. Give shields back their size. Huscarl shield is size 33, buckler is size 3. Huscarl shield is NOT 11 TIMES bigger than a buckler. Who are the geniuses who think this crap up?

Honestly, the only things that were REALLY necessary to bring balance to the force are the following:

Level Cap: Stops everything people were bitching about with the machinegun archers, agi spammers, etc.
Removal of WPF & XP bonus from retirement: Works in conjunction with above.
Friendly Fire on horse charge: Brings them in line with every other damaging item in the game.

With the above changes, the game would have been balanced. Any further changes that effect balance should have been closely scrutinized to determine how much of an effect they would have on not only the balance, but also the "fun factor" of the game.

Honestly, if chadz and the Devs are listening, I'd like to extend an offer to assist with balance issues in the game. I'm sarcastic and snappy, but have a level head and can analyze things on both sides of the fence without bias. Either way, good luck fixing this.
Quote from: Godfrey of Ibelin
I once fought for two days with an arrow through my testicle.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #73 on: January 05, 2011, 07:12:49 pm »
Offer.... REJECTED.

Offline Heroin

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • cRPG NA Server Admin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB
  • Game nicks: BlackHand_Heroin, Heroin_ATS, Heroin__JaBoNRA, Heroine_Heroin_MB, F8
« Reply #74 on: January 05, 2011, 07:14:20 pm »
Offer.... REJECTED.

Fair enough.  :wink: Edited to fix my wink.

Like I said, good luck either way. And glad to know you're listening.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 07:16:56 pm by Heroin »
Quote from: Godfrey of Ibelin
I once fought for two days with an arrow through my testicle.