Poll

Better or worse?

Better than before.
164 (45.6%)
Worse than before.
138 (38.3%)
Hate you! (I do not want to post a valid opinion and/or be funny)
58 (16.1%)

Total Members Voted: 360

Author Topic: Version 0.200 Released  (Read 32839 times)

Offline Heroin

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • cRPG NA Server Admin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB
  • Game nicks: BlackHand_Heroin, Heroin_ATS, Heroin__JaBoNRA, Heroine_Heroin_MB, F8
Re: Version 0.200 Released
« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2011, 02:58:20 pm »
While I do appreciate the effort, I don't really like most of the changes.

Upkeep System: If 20k was your projected "Average Joe" equipment, that may need to be looked into further. I'm not so sure "Joe" can afford his 20k worth of gear right now. Also, I think the entire system would be better if you aimed for a higher figure, like 40k. This would allow a decent "knight" build while disallowing mounted armored knight of doom builds.

New 2H thrust animation: TERRIBLE. It barely moves when you thrust. It's like a 3 centimeter thrust, really. Aweful. "LOLstab" was better.

Shields: I've heard the shield skill does not increase coverage any more AND all shields got a size nerf. Way to nerf the most underpowered class in crpg.

Archery: The cut damage for archers provides a welcome distinction between xbow and bow. The new animation is ugly and unnecessary. Simply eliminating the WPF bonus from retirements, adding the levelcap, and changing bow damage to cutting was enough. All further nerfs only serve to make archers suck rather than balanced.

XBOW: Haven't experimented enough; Will be testing further. Honestly, it looks OK IMO. The damage nerf is fine if no one can afford armor. On the other hand, if the "Salary Cap" is raised from 20k to 40k, the damage nerf to Xbows may make them not worth using much. We'll see.

On a lighter note, with every other class in CRPG nerfed, making a polearm d00d is as attractive as ever!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 03:00:28 pm by Heroin »
Quote from: Godfrey of Ibelin
I once fought for two days with an arrow through my testicle.

Offline Silent

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2011, 03:00:43 pm »
I can clearly see what would be most common scenario of whine. Here it is:
Team A after 2 wins in a row take the best weapons/armor and win till the end of the map, cause team B is pinned and choose the most cheap/value efficient equipment they can afford. After some glorious battles doomed whiners come to forums and blablabla about game balance, tincans, HA, elephants etc.

Offline Espu

• The good
  • Count
  • Renown: 261
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Espu
« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2011, 03:01:19 pm »
[..snip..]
Archery is totally broken. HA is a waste....why waste? Subotai raging or whining
[snip..]

Luckily you won't be able to afford cata-trampling all the time. You we're probably lvl 40 before, now way lower. Still you wish for the same power?

If you wanna be a good shot, pick normal foot archer. Horse archers have their horse to run around with, it was silly that they were as accurate and powerful as foot archers (who were totally OP too). Now the sillyness has apparently been reduced, hooray! HA should be annoying harassers working at enemy flanks, not tanks crushing everything like they were earlier.

Offline Shogunate_Subotai_III

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • ☾☆
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_BD_Subotai
« Reply #48 on: January 05, 2011, 03:10:35 pm »
Luckily you won't be able to afford cata-trampling all the time. You we're probably lvl 40 before, now way lower. Still you wish for the same power?

If you wanna be a good shot, pick normal foot archer. Horse archers have their horse to run around with, it was silly that they were as accurate and powerful as foot archers (who were totally OP too). Now the sillyness has apparently been reduced, hooray! HA should be annoying harassers working at enemy flanks, not tanks crushing everything like they were earlier.

How many good HA you know? be honest.

And where those guys always trampling or shooting?

I agree that the shooting speed was insane....but totally broke one class? I would like too see you Tincans....which are plenty....when your class would be nerfed like this....but why it wont happen? too many Admins and guys around chadz who tell the same shit "Im a Tincan, Archer x shoot me, HA y killed me plz nerf"
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #49 on: January 05, 2011, 03:12:32 pm »
As a relatively new player (only been playing for a couple months) I'm pretty happy with the changes. The only thing I'm wondering about is what is considered "average" gear. As my first test I was running with 20k of gear as that's what I heard the upkeep was balanced for. We lost the first round and I lost about 2,300 gp. It took the next four rounds just for me to make that much back. So now I'm running with about 7k worth of gear.

It might be easier for players to manage if only one item needed repairing after a loss. Maybe the most expensive item? Since the way it is now, if you lose the first round you generally feel you'll lose the next so you equip cheaper gear. That puts you at an even larger disadvantage the next round.

Offline Timotheusthereal

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • Hey there, oh tharr!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ser_Timotheus_Brune
« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2011, 03:13:53 pm »
Can't download from mb repositiry, it always stops half ways and fuck up.

Please, put up it on torrents, not from some crappy site

Offline Lansamur

• Count
  • Renown: 232
  • Infamy: 46
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lansamur, The_Prisoner,Beer_Storage, Carebear_Ravenei
  • IRC nick: Lansamur
« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2011, 03:21:36 pm »
After some testing rounds, I do believe my future cRPG time will be dratsically limited to maybe some duels and Strategus battles. Normal battle is not enjoyable anymore. I'm not a tincan, but 1h/shielder with mediumtier armor and not much sparegold for this upkeepthingy cause of many hard-worked-for retirements. We were underpowered before, and now no difference. Yeah Mercs (@Cyber, Olwen and the other bunch of "I have a high opinion of myself and you are a noob"-thugs), I know that one can still be on the top of the scoreboards, I was and I likely will be again if I would be motivated enough and would have some fun out there. Now it's really just some mindless peasant(armor)slashing, some arrows inbetween from enemyarchers which dont do that much dmg anymore and a bunch of idiot friendly horsemen bumping you half to death.
Nope, not with me anymore as much as used to. Before I had fun and was challenged to be good. Now I just need to concentrate a bit, get used to the timing or just stay in the back and grind gold/XP. No fun, no me. Gonna go back to League of Legends or WoW for some time prolly.

Stop listening to the noisiest whiners and actually get to know the gamebalance yourself, then it might have become a good patch. This is just utter... crap. 63MB of spacewaste on my Harddrive.
[22:17] <@chadz> congratz cmpxchg8b, you managed to put 995 errors into the item sheet!
[22:17] <@cmpxchg8b> epic winning
[22:17] <@cmpxchg8b> beat that Fasader

Offline Welcome_To_Hell

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: nK / Northern Empire
« Reply #52 on: January 05, 2011, 03:27:59 pm »
I can clearly see what would be most common scenario of whine. Here it is:
Team A after 2 wins in a row take the best weapons/armor and win till the end of the map, cause team B is pinned and choose the most cheap/value efficient equipment they can afford. After some glorious battles doomed whiners come to forums and blablabla about game balance, tincans, HA, elephants etc.

This. The winning team equips their best gear, loosing team equips their cheap gear. Players are forced to do this since the loss is almost always greater than the amount earned previously (unless you are extremely lucky and on the winning team every round)

Offline Ishar

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • cRPG Player
  • Mr Shitgrin
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ishar_III
« Reply #53 on: January 05, 2011, 03:40:08 pm »
Strange, I was certain someone would've mentioned this by now: Siege.

Item damage is a bit unfair for defenders, and exp/gold bonus is ridiculous for attackers. Battle is fine, it became much more fun with the patch, but siege is seriously broken.
"Also, thank you for reporting your own post." Mylet

Offline Freland

• Count
  • Renown: 172
  • Infamy: 14
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Freland
  • IRC nick: Freland
« Reply #54 on: January 05, 2011, 03:46:00 pm »
...The winning team equips their best gear, loosing team equips their cheap gear...

I'm sure this is not what the devs intended. Maybe items should have the same chance to break if your team wins . To balance this out the breaking chance has to be reduced.
There will still be a reward for winning rounds as your gold multiplier will increase.

each time you click the button, crpg gains popularity :D

Offline Zaleck

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
  • The Darkness is coming
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Black Company
  • Game nicks: Zaleck_BlackCompany, Fallen_Zaleck,Fallen_BloodSeeker_Xaleck
« Reply #55 on: January 05, 2011, 03:48:53 pm »
Hey Sup dude wanted to say man would lot of help if u would post patch notes with new feature and correction to the patch otherwise people will bitch and complain. I like the overall things you have done to the mod but WTF is up with the upkeep cost and stuff and there is no way to check to see how much damage is being done to the armor and weapons so do we know how much to pay and and how the he'll dose it work. Well that's the only real complain I have to say. Keep up the great work on moding bro without you M&B:WB would have died long ago. :twisted: :lol:
JRLII

Offline Astinus

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Armata Brancaleone
  • Game nicks: AB_Astinus
« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2011, 05:10:02 pm »
Having played only few games, I say the patch looks neat. The only really annoyng and totally useless thing is the trigger of the equipment after dying and after winning, really chadz you were supposed to be kind with drunkers, you can't expect us to remember to press that bloody done button after having alt tabbed and trolled in the forum....

I agree that the shooting speed was insane....but totally broke one class? I would like too see you Tincans....which are plenty....when your class would be nerfed like this....but why it wont happen? too many Admins and guys around chadz who tell the same shit "Im a Tincan, Archer x shoot me, HA y killed me plz nerf"
The point of the patch is letting the people specialize or going hybrid without excelling in everything like it was before. If you want to play as HA you can't expect to do the same damage with the same accuracy og a foot one. An HA has the possibility to virtually spend the whole round untouched by enemies and still damaging them, this is his main "power".
Also every good HA know that he has to rely on the trample of the horse on time to time, ever played Khergits in native?

Offline Espu

• The good
  • Count
  • Renown: 261
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Espu
« Reply #57 on: January 05, 2011, 05:13:16 pm »

There were few good HA, and they always shot me - I did not mean that you used to trample, just that you won't be able to do it now because of the upkeep.

Totally broken it was when I was trying to fight you full plated heroes riding on a tank horse with my zero armor, high level foot archer and often got outshot. Not fair, not fun.

I played foot archer, 2h lolsworder and a thrower and am honestly happy that the first two got nerfed as especially the archer was ridiculous at times.

Offline Arson

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Arson, Nosra
« Reply #58 on: January 05, 2011, 05:15:03 pm »
My experience so far goes a bit like this--

Round 1: A game happens, followed by the worst autobalance system in gaming.

Round 2: Losing team strips to nothing, winning team puts on best armor. I have yet to see a game where the team that wins in Round 1 is later beaten.

Round 3+: With no future autobalancing, wins and losses are virtually assured and it's a waiting game for the losing team to pray for the next round. The rich get richer, the poor get poorer.

On a personal note, please for the love of god make team selection more than just a preference for the game. I play with anywhere from 2-5 friends daily and we'd love to be able to play together.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 05:16:46 pm by Arson »

Offline Allers

• Count
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player
  • Ca$hville
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ca$hville Records, Ruff Ryders
  • Game nicks: Allers, Young Buck, DMX
  • IRC nick: Allers
« Reply #59 on: January 05, 2011, 05:31:39 pm »
I agree with whatever Heroi says. The only good part about archers is that they cant go through my plate! :D
Ca$hville 615