Author Topic: Attack on Emirin!  (Read 10223 times)

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
Re: Attack on Emirin!
« Reply #90 on: December 12, 2011, 11:41:26 am »
Grey order member appealing for conscience and sense of fairness...now i have seen it all.  :mrgreen:

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
« Reply #91 on: December 12, 2011, 11:43:28 am »
Anyway good luck with getting the dev team to do something id like to see the ultimate outcome of this
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline Tavuk_Bey

• Earl
  • Renown: 409
  • Infamy: 233
  • cRPG Player
  • herrroo, my näym iz bokkkseee änd i'm fukken ugry
    • View Profile
  • Faction: bashibazouk, the official jihad clan
  • Game nicks: tavuk
  • IRC nick: Minister of Shitstorm
« Reply #92 on: December 12, 2011, 12:08:16 pm »
I am uploading 1080p version of that video and i'll post it tomorrow .
at 7.54 Dave falls down from roof in front of me lol thanks Tavuk Bey for the reminder !  :lol:
And yeah linen tunic + straw hat so hardcore gear Mercs are the best !

OH I LOL'D SO MUCH THERE, STILL ROTFL WHEN I SEE IT AGAIN.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

roast and roast again until lambs become kebab

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • Renown: 410
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jambi
« Reply #93 on: December 12, 2011, 12:27:50 pm »
+1
Mercs have been trying to cover this up, with DRZ calling a retreat. let me hand you some facts:

1: All this talk about the defenders saw a small message pop up etc... and some defenders even missing the message is bullshit. When ANTr retreat from the 22nd. a LARGE message will pop up in the center of everyone's screen annoucing a retreat. Very hard too miss.

2: When ANTr retreated from the battle agaisnt 22nd. 22nd did NOT GET ALL THEIR EQUIPMENT. But Mercs did from DRZ.

3: Still no dev that was present at the battle has responded to any of this.

Facts about a loss due too spawn flag takeover:

1: The party that is unable to respawn, will lose when everyone left on the field has died. And then retreat with the tickets they still have left.

2: The victor will take any spoils left on the field, and leftover equipment etc.

Conclusion. Someone or something forced all of DRZ spawn flags to drop at the same time. DRZ lost all there equipment.

So this was not a etreat, but a victory by spawn takeover.

So please, do stop bullshitting Mercs.

100's of strat battle already. this bug never appeared.. yet in Mercs final hour, they get a miracle that bails them out.

Either its hacks or biased Devs
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 12:42:11 pm by Jambi »
Love will tear us apart.
Also, most fucked up brain of the year award goes to jambi. Well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX9Cpuj4igk

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 12, 2011, 12:35:26 pm »
i need a screenshot of the message that said something about the retreat. There not being a message is highly unrealistic, but it's probably not visible enough. So if anyone can dig out a screenshot or a VERY detailed description of the message, I can look into it. By the looks of it, it was one of the attacking commanders doing a retreat, probably not on purpose.

The message we got a defenders was a spam message wich looked like this:"

A flag has been lost!
A flag has been lost!
A flag has been lost!
A flag has been lost!
A flag has been lost!
A flag has been lost!
A flag has been lost!
A flag has been lost!
A flag has been lost!
A flag has been lost!

There you go. Shouldnt be too hard to find in this logs i guess.

Well the year is almost over. And i bet we have some diffrent candidates for next year.  :lol:
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 12:38:04 pm by Jambi »
Love will tear us apart.

Offline DonNicko

• Earl
  • Renown: 367
  • Infamy: 95
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Remont
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Nicko
« Reply #95 on: December 12, 2011, 01:43:00 pm »
I think we should hire Al-adin to kill all 4500 troops in two hours! :lol: Yep, I think then we will!

Offline Gingerpussy

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 251
  • Infamy: 224
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Gingerpussy
« Reply #96 on: December 12, 2011, 01:47:31 pm »
Dear chadz and Dev Team,

I cannot stress more how important resolving of this issue is. And I know that this is not only my sentiment. We know that it is Beta and we are beta testers so the bugs may happen. However, please note this:

• this round of strat is really slow, time consuming and requires activity of many players. It is difficult to motivate people to do something when after many weeks of hard work the bug like this spoils the fun. Contrary to what many of community members may think it takes a looong time and so much of the organizational effort to craft such amount of items.

• this problem does not seem to be human error, it rather looks like system error or the result of human interference and therefore requires investigation, clear answers and reaction.  Otherwise what is the point of playing the game if after such event no action is taken? If you guys want people to play fair, or play at all in the first place, you have to react to situations where the obvious injustice happens. If you find it suitable to weaken large factions – do so, but not by letting things like this just happen.

• It does not matter that it happened on the battle between Mercs and Druzhina, it could happen to anyone (at least I hope that it could, I cannot believe in human intervention here and I really hope that this is just a bug to be fixed). And after such event  will to do anything further drops to zero; do not let that happen.

• I do not expect Mercs to return the eq and troops willingly (although this is something that should happen if they want to act honorably) -  they play this game to the same extent as we do, and this is a great gift for them.  It is up to developers who have the ability and resources to look into server logs and know the game mechanics details, and, finally, can assess the evidence, to resolve this issue and pass to the community the clear message what happened and how it is going to be fixed.

Guys, I appeal to your conscience and sense of fairness. I understand that you may have your personal sympathies and  dislikes, but in such cases the sentiments like that should be set aside.  I know that many players do not act totally fair – you have the power to punish them, and in many cases you rightly do so. You are the ultimate judge here and if you want community to act fairly you should show the highest standard of behavior.

Whatever your findings are – please share that with us all.
  And please do it sooner than later.

Dear Erasmas and all others looking in this thread.

I react strongly about these accusations and i hope there is something to be done with those individuals. but lets check the facts ?

1. Drz and there allies the Greys and so on accuse us of cheating ? lol wont even comment that especially from those 2 clans who had cheating in a system (100 loggins and so on. There is a big difference for a individual to cheat compared to a system for a hole clan to cheat).

2. Drz and allies talk about a bug, most likely its one in there clans own fault. (chadz reply on this thread saying its likely commander of DRZ retreating)

3. They attack us knowingly that they cant finish in 2 hours (then complain after the match) FACT..

The to Erasmas .
I do not expect Mercs to return the eq and troops willingly (although this is something that should happen if they want to act honorably) -  they play this game to the same extent as we do, and this is a great gift for them.  It is up to developers who have the ability and resources to look into server logs and know the game mechanics details, and, finally, can assess the evidence, to resolve this issue and pass to the community the clear message what happened and how it is going to be fixed.

chadz and Dev team have as i  know of never replaced anything, and in all fairness the 2 hour limit is not a bug. THEY would have lost anyway. There only argument from Drz was our crappy gear, yes we had a plan to use all the crappy gear first then use the crafted stuff when needed. And if you check my post i was confident that Mercs would wipe Drz army and the Grey one why you think that ? becouse we knew we where getting more equipment IF they attacked us with whole army.

So we would have won no mater what, only difference is how much loot and troops we where going to get. In fact this is DRZ lack of understanding the mechanics in Strategus in my view.

Now when that is sorted dont speak as this is a bug anymore. but rather if it should be so in the future or not.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 01:59:58 pm by Gingerpussy »

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 12, 2011, 02:01:24 pm »
2. Drz and allies talk about a bug, most likely its one in there clans own fault. (chadz reply on this thread saying its likely commander of DRZ retreating)

Ginger, ive seen clans retreat before... they dont leave all there equipment behind. It was a loss not a retreat. get your facts straight.

+ you get a huge fucking huge message pop into the middle of the screen, annoucing about the retreat similair size as You team has won or Your team has lost the battle. On both sides
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 02:19:49 pm by Jambi »
Love will tear us apart.

Offline Tot.

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 12, 2011, 02:04:12 pm »
[lots about faction relations and other irrelevant stuff]

Factions, alliances etc. do not matter at this moment, the baseline is that game-breaking flaw of mechanics was discovered and if there's to be no instant rollback due to lack of clear evidence Strategus should be put on hold until the issue will be fully investigated and fixed. Current situation is not acceptable.

BTW. Even if a commander would retreat his army here's chadz's post about casualties when retreating

first you should know how loot is calculated. The winner of the battle takes loot from the loser.

Now, the question is how much. The objective of the attacker is to win as fast as possible. Therefore, winning the battle instantly would net the attacker 100% of the enemy equipment, minus some random component. Winning the battle in the last minute would give you 0% loot (although i think it's now a minimum of 25%)

(...)

As an attacker, it's way more interesting. If you will probably lose the fight, it's better to retreat sooner than later. However, if you think there's a small chance you could win it, you could play it risky.

The reason for that system was that attackers often just camp the spawn while defenders are more like "meh, i'll attack then". This is supposed to make attackers attack and defenders defend.

17 minutes = 14%. Go figure.

So you Mercs can basically put on ease with any military actions using the troops and eq you got for free since ball is not in the game.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 02:09:29 pm by Tot. »
Mods compatible with cRPG. New crosshairs, textures, sounds, yay.

Offline Erasmas

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The crows had come
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Erasmas_the_Grey
« Reply #99 on: December 12, 2011, 02:04:58 pm »
+1
Ginger, it does not really matter what WOULD happen, maybe you'd win, maybe not. The point is that parties involved did not any chance to test it. Nebun and Vovka claim they did not retreat and I have no reason to think otherwise.

Now when that is sorted dont speak as this is a bug anymore. but rather if it should be so in the future or not.

I suppose you refer to that:

i need a screenshot of the message that said something about the retreat. There not being a message is highly unrealistic, but it's probably not visible enough. So if anyone can dig out a screenshot or a VERY detailed description of the message, I can look into it. By the looks of it, it was one of the attacking commanders doing a retreat, probably not on purpose.

With all due respect, my understanding of this post is different: is not a final message about this situation. All I say is - I do hope to get one.

And I resent your comment about accusations. You will not find them in my post.

Offline Noctivagant

• Earl
  • Renown: 470
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
  • I solve practical problems
    • View Profile
    • I never drank a six pack of warm beer
  • Faction: Mercenaries
« Reply #100 on: December 12, 2011, 02:24:09 pm »
+7
Could everyone put their personal grudges to the side and concentrate on fixing the bug please? Could you please step aside if you are no help at all? If you have information do it, if you got nothing be gone with your conspiracy theories.

Is there anything Merc can do the compensate Drz losses? thats what I wanna know.

And Ginger, told you before. Shut the hell up man, seriously.

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #101 on: December 12, 2011, 02:29:52 pm »
+1

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #102 on: December 12, 2011, 02:31:45 pm »
+11
It was definately a bug, and a very mysterious one. cmp and I tried to figure out the cause, but it should be impossible to happen, actually. We added some more debug messages and have to wait until it happens again.

The problem was that, for no apparent reason, the match ended after 8 minutes or something because the game thought it was 197 minutes already. This is, as far as we know, the first time this ever happened, and the system has been in place for a long time.

We will discuss how to reimburse one or both parties to create something that equals the status before.

It was definately no user error, and also no hack or something. If I'd have to guess, I'd say it's weird behaviour in the way warband handles time, but even that is unlikely.

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #103 on: December 12, 2011, 02:40:58 pm »
+1
... because the game thought it was 197 minutes already. ...
197? so we must had 197 minuts not 128?  :?

How about make same battle with same comanders
set password on battle and start kick ppl from server

we lost flag 30 sec before first kick  :P
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 02:42:17 pm by Vovka »

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #104 on: December 12, 2011, 02:43:58 pm »
+1
So it was a bug? No hacks, no grand conspiracy? No alien master-race stuff?

How surprising.

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die