Author Topic: Dear Fallen....  (Read 4910 times)

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
Re: Dear Fallen....
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2011, 08:17:47 am »
+5
Who are DL and why do people even question why players get sick of showing up to every little 50 v 50 ticket battle multiple times a day? Strategus is boring as hell right now and for me the competitive part of Strategus was dead before this Strat round even started, the new features did not make much of a difference.

All I do on the strat map is make stuff and transfer it and I mostly only plan in advance to fight in big battles, I play on smaller battles when they are being played at a time I am currently online and they really need me to join, why? because it's pretty boring and I only really do it for my Faction and allies as a whole, I am not going to plan ahead to play in a tiny battle.

So yes when I come and play a 2 hour battle for my Faction or ally, I am not doing it because I find it that much fun or I enjoy it, I am doing it because I have been a member of the Brigade for a long time and I will always have time for my own and our allies, even if I am sacrificing 2 hours of my life for something I don't enjoy much or find that fun anymore.

And bringing emotion and real life into this is laughable, if you and your friends attacked me when i was walking down the street I'd make sure to crack you in the jaw first. If you and your friends attack me and my 7 soldiers and my shitty cargo in Strategus, I couldn't really give a fuck what happens because it's not real life and I don't give a rats ass about an insignificant amount of imaginary equipment.

Not that anyone has attacked me in Strategus, but I'm just trying to straighten your warped perspective with a dose of reality.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 08:18:52 am by Leesin »

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2011, 01:28:04 pm »
+1
(click to show/hide)

Spot on Leesin.

Strat is boring. No one wants to fight every fight unless they really have bugger all to do all day and comparing real life, even the transferance of emotions, to gaming is pretty dumb. The way people act in game and in RL are often very very different for obvious reasons.

Anyway, simply put, this strat round is a fail for many many people. Hence why no one wants to show up for anything at all.

Offline Spleen

• Earl
  • Renown: 310
  • Infamy: 79
  • But I am already in my pyjamas...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Spleen
  • IRC nick: Spleeno
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2011, 01:32:57 pm »
Also, the guys that spread the "plague" in rl would be dead.
Kinda like Suicide Bombers.
Those are not as widespread anymore afaik.
So yay for Science!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2011, 04:12:23 pm »
Everybody just mad
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2011, 05:01:57 pm »
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

If you don't like it, fine, but then why'd you have a character in the first place, specially if it wasn't fun before it started?
(click to show/hide)

Also, I did say thank you for showing up. I'm happy some did. All i ever wanted with this thread is a show up, lets have some small scale battle fun.

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2011, 05:20:31 pm »
+2
Meh, i see the same group saying this. Truth be told, once my faction got removed in strat(1/2) people said the same thing. That's why i just ignore people who say it. It's just a "Meh, we lost, no point" mentality.

But why do I show up? Cause I built everything up myself, and i'll be damned if i don't use what i helped make. I have a goal, and once i finish that goal, i go on. Emotion into a game? yea strat doesn't need it, but we're humans and it does enter(just look at all the shitty Drama threads, even this one).

If you don't like it, fine, but then why'd you have a character in the first place, specially if it wasn't fun before it started?

I already answered that question in my original post.

I have a character on Strat because it takes me two minutes at most a day to move him or to transfer stuff I've made and I'm doing that because there are people in my Faction who care about Strat and like to take part. I have been a member of the Brigade for a long time, I don't mind spending a couple of minutes a day helping my clan mates.

The new additions have not made Strategus anymore fun sadly, I have played all versions of Strat and have grown increasingly bored of it, maybe it's just me, but I can't change the way I feel and I cannot force myself to enjoy something which I find boring.

I also have better things to plan ahead for than 50v50 ticket battles in Strat, I'm simply not going to put something else on hold just for a 10 minute battle, if I'm online a bit before it's going to happen and they need me to make up numbers then sure I'll come along.

Offline Mannhammer

• Baron
  • Renown: 117
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
  • Only War is Eternal
    • View Profile
    • Forty Thousand Years In The Future
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2011, 09:22:08 pm »
+2
Skyrim

Offline Tom Cruise

• Duke
  • Renown: 685
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
  • All I do is shitpost anymore in this game.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tom_Cruise_Dota_Fanatic
  • IRC nick: Tom_Cruise
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2011, 09:46:28 pm »
I used to be an arrow, until I took and adventurer to the knee.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2011, 09:51:38 pm »
I wouldn't show up to a battle if we didn't have any equipment either.  Talk about a lost cause...well maybe I'd do it for xp
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline ArysOakheart

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1322
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
  • Game nicks: Arys_TheDrunkenPeasant
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2011, 11:39:03 pm »
+1
I am a man of principle. Therefore how you act in strat, leads me to believe this is how you will act in cRPG and maybe even real life. Therefore, MB are a bunch of no good dirty backstabbing, pickpocketing, peasant abondoning, friend bluffing, child forsaking, deceiving charlatans!

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2011, 07:42:25 am »
+2
For the ones that don't show, have you been getting any loot at all? Half the Fallen members are too stupid to equip their troops, so I don't bother hiring people for battles when we can't even deal damage. I've been yelling at them about this for over a month, but still half our members are marching around as easy prey. Feel free to kill them all as I'm hoping if you defeat half our member base within a week, they might actually learn something for once. Or if you really want fights, you can specifically look for the ones not marked unarmed.

Most of us don't really give a fuck about Strat  8-)

Offline theero

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Served without sense of humor
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Theero
  • IRC nick: Fallen_Theero
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2011, 07:42:35 am »
+3
This thread is dildos.
FALLEN WILL WIN EVEN IF YOU HAVE FLYING CARPETS AND FIRESTAVES!

Offline Hobb

• Earl
  • Renown: 489
  • Infamy: 96
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2011, 04:54:33 pm »
+1
I am a man of principle. Therefore how you act in strat, leads me to believe this is how you will act in cRPG and maybe even real life. Therefore, MB are a bunch of no good dirty backstabbing, pickpocketing, peasant abondoning, friend bluffing, child forsaking, deceiving charlatans!

i believe i speak for everyone who gives even a tinkle of a rat's ass about strat when i say that i can't wait for MB to come drop the hammer on Fisdnar so the entire community can watch u squeal like a kitten in a house fire on the forums and in game about how ur about to lose a fief u dont own.. Lucky for you, Fisdnar is the shit-stain of all Calradia so i dont think there in a hurry to take it from you  :D

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2011, 05:00:46 pm »
i believe i speak for everyone who gives even a tinkle of a rat's ass about strat when i say that i can't wait for MB to come drop the hammer on Fisdnar so the entire community can watch u squeal like a kitten in a house fire on the forums and in game about how ur about to lose a fief u dont own.. Lucky for you, Fisdnar is the shit-stain of all Calradia so i dont think there in a hurry to take it from you  :D

We are getting bored with salmon and eelskins out here.  We need a change in diet.  Once you geta round to taking that village we would be interested in buying some trained peasants.  We may sell some, but msotly we are looking forward to roast peasant for dinner, best game animal in strategus.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Hobb

• Earl
  • Renown: 489
  • Infamy: 96
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2011, 05:07:29 pm »
+2
We are getting bored with salmon and eelskins out here.  We need a change in diet.  Once you geta round to taking that village we would be interested in buying some trained peasants.  We may sell some, but msotly we are looking forward to roast peasant for dinner, best game animal in strategus.

i believe oakheart will make a fine stew served up in Fearichan for our brothers to enjoy together