Author Topic: I will stop playing this mod unless...  (Read 1754 times)

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
Re: I will stop playing this mod unless...
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2011, 12:41:12 am »
I really don't want to start a long discussion about one of the favourite topics of the community, so I want to hear just YOUR opinion, to understad what makes you want to remove the chat, as I am really curious:

Don't you want to know if your team perhaps decides to camp a hill? Or that you have got some archers/ninjas/cavalry in the back of your team?

I know there are many retards out there, and not every suggestion is good, but in my eyes everyone following a bad plan is still better than everyone following his own plan. Never mind how good you are, sticking to your team will always increase your chances to survive, thus increasing the number of players you have time to kill, and finally increasing fun. To me there is no fun in running into the enemy force immediately after spawning and then spending minutes in spectator screen.

So what makes you decide to complete abandon any communication with your team that might (sometimes, when you catch a good team) improve your game experience?

QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

No one need chat, screaming enemy at the rear or what ever is a million times more effective. That whole q thing is the unsung revolution this game need. *slow clap* for the q thingy.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Remy

• Knight
  • Renown: 68
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remy_the_Fox
  • IRC nick: Remy
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2011, 01:01:25 am »
+3
It would be great if there was a single key that could hide chat, but hitting it again would return it.  :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Fox, Horse Archer, Tker of Chagan.

Offline Skysong

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Guard_Skysong
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2011, 01:11:08 am »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

This took me back to 5 years ago...
Reading ppl spamming each other was fun while questing.

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2011, 06:27:21 pm »
Thanks for the info, meow. Mute would be fine if I didn't have to scrawl through 80 names during certain times.

Joker, I realize I'm not a one man army but my actions for a particular round are usually dictated by what I see the majority of my team doing in response to, or ignorance of, the enemy team; not someone telling me to "go right". No matter what I do for a particular match it will have no consequence on the outcome if the team as a whole hasn't coordinated effectively. Verbal cues may be good for starting an initial formation but it's not going to have any effect when it comes to cohesion of a mixed team once the battle has started and I'm not voice chatting with the entire team. I don't want to listen to inane conversations for half the time I'm playing when people only really need to learn to mash "Q" "I" "I" "I" for backstabs.
And how!