Author Topic: Archery buff  (Read 10904 times)

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
Re: Archery buff
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2011, 01:43:21 am »
I am pleased that so many Archer alt's no longer play. I don't have to listen to melee disparage the real archers because of all these alt's team wounding from lack of skill.

Just make the longbow a viable option when compared to the other bows  :wink: Otherwise, it seems like we have achieved the balance it takes to keep the amateur archers off the field.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Bcleary

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Forever a bandit
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dughan
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2011, 02:18:12 am »
Archery was nerfed to make it so that only those who really wanted to play archery would. Archery is fun and if you plan a good build you can easily get top 5 with it. Archery used to be arcade pew pew firing. Now it is a bit more realistic. So are crossbows. Throwing is still arcade though so if you want easy mode go with that.
"For the woodlands"
We shall rise again one day

Offline Joxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Autolycus Joxer_The_Mighty Salmoneus
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2011, 08:20:31 am »
Except that the arrow speed is unrealistically slow. Fix that  :twisted:
Why is everybody telling me to think? I think, I just don't show it.

Offline Korgoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 742
  • Infamy: 100
  • cRPG Player
  • I've dated girls uglier than you for Breakfast
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Korgoth
  • IRC nick: Korgoth
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2011, 06:06:15 pm »
Except that the arrow speed is unrealistically slow. Fix that  :twisted:

+1. Slow as shit. You can easily watch an archer shoot at you and dodge his arrows

Korgoth's Retextures
Korgoth's Hierloom Stall

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2011, 06:17:08 pm »
+1. Slow as shit. You can easily watch an archer shoot at you and dodge his arrows

Wanted ftw

Offline Formless

• Baron
  • Renown: 102
  • Infamy: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2011, 06:21:33 pm »
Ok. Here is my Opinion on Archers.

I hate them so fucking much. I wanted them to be Nerfed and Nerfed again and again and again.

BUT!!

Then I made an Archer Alt, and I realised how shit they are. The only reason I wouldn't want a buff is because...

ARCHER BUFFED = MORE ARCHERS = ARCHER SPAM = PEOPLE RAGE = ARCHERS NERFED = ARCHERS RAGE = Start Again

lol
+1
“Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, you put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.” - Bruce Lee

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2011, 06:37:35 pm »
You can easily watch an archer shoot at you and dodge his arrows

If you made your char to be like usain bolt on stereoids, then you can dodge everything, yes. Ask for chadz to nerf agi if it bothers you so much.
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Korgoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 742
  • Infamy: 100
  • cRPG Player
  • I've dated girls uglier than you for Breakfast
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Korgoth
  • IRC nick: Korgoth
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2011, 06:48:41 pm »
If you made your char to be like usain bolt on stereoids, then you can dodge everything, yes. Ask for chadz to nerf agi if it bothers you so much.

Well it doesnt take a Full AGI char to dodge arrows. All you need to do is stop and let the arrow pass infront of you.

Korgoth's Retextures
Korgoth's Hierloom Stall

Offline _451_ATS

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2011, 07:05:39 pm »
One of two things:
Bring back the accuracy
Bring back pierce damage for arrows

Now the second has more to it. I'm willing to say that if pierce was brought back on Bodkin arrows only, then limit the arrows to only 10 per pack, and reduce the damage from +8 to +2 or +4.

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2011, 08:50:55 pm »
Archery was nerfed to make it so that only those who really wanted to play archery would. Archery is fun and if you plan a good build you can easily get top 5 with it. Archery used to be arcade pew pew firing. Now it is a bit more realistic. So are crossbows. Throwing is still arcade though so if you want easy mode go with that.

+1

I guess the problem is not archery or bow damage, the problem is archers by themself, there are too much!!
Now, i find it better, not everybody can make an archer and kill a lot of guys from the other side of the map, but archery is still dangerous and ppl who realy like archery have still fun playing it.

Btw, it seems number of archers are not only a problem in cRPG but also in Native :
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,158786.0.html

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2011, 09:07:00 pm »
So, today I played against ploop and it was quite ridiculous, he was sniping everyone with perfect accuracy and killing everyone in 1-2 arrows, archers underpowered? hmmm, I got killed in 1 arrow, from 100% to 0% health and it was a torso shot and I was using heavy armor.

Offline Joxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Autolycus Joxer_The_Mighty Salmoneus
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2011, 09:12:43 pm »
+1

I guess the problem is not archery or bow damage, the problem is archers by themself, there are too much!!
Now, i find it better, not everybody can make an archer and kill a lot of guys from the other side of the map, but archery is still dangerous and ppl who realy like archery have still fun playing it.

Btw, it seems number of archers are not only a problem in cRPG but also in Native :
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,158786.0.html

Yeah cause infantry players dont know how to play it's the archers fault?  :lol:
Why is everybody telling me to think? I think, I just don't show it.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2011, 09:18:55 pm »
So, today I played against ploop and it was quite ridiculous, he was sniping everyone with perfect accuracy and killing everyone in 1-2 arrows, archers underpowered? hmmm, I got killed in 1 arrow, from 100% to 0% health and it was a torso shot and I was using heavy armor.

This one is already on Snopes  :rolleyes:
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Wulzzz

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2011, 09:19:54 pm »

Try making an archer.Perfect accuracy and killing everyone with 1-2 shots is simply not possible.
ANd sure it wasn't a bolt?Many guys use crossbows too.

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2011, 09:48:01 pm »
Yeah cause infantry players dont know how to play it's the archers fault?  :lol:

Yeah i know "grab a shield" answer... but what to do against three ways arrows flying.
But that's not the point, everybody know that an archer alone stand almost no chance against one shielder. And i didn't say archery is overpowered, contrary it's quite balanced, archers, like other class, need some skill to be effective.

As said, now archery is fine cause not every noob roll an archer char to pew-pew easy mod. It's a little bit harder and noobs don't like it... so less archers and more fun, that's all the point of last nerf : less archers (and balance in terms of class).