Author Topic: Archery Balance Read and Discuss please !  (Read 4303 times)

Offline PanPan

• Baron
  • Renown: 98
  • Infamy: 70
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Archery Balance Read and Discuss please !
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2011, 02:56:22 pm »
imo 25 arrows isn't enough. Im not spamming with my arrows or something and at the end of the round i dont have any arrows.

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2011, 02:58:25 pm »
imo 25 arrows isn't enough. Im not spamming with my arrows or something and at the end of the round i dont have any arrows.
(click to show/hide)

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2011, 03:01:09 pm »
If you tell me that light crossbow with 0 wpf is a decent weapon,i'll tell you hammer or pickaxe is a decent weapon.

They both suck, but handaxe is ntb for 0 slot:

BUT: Item "Crossbow" is relatively cheap, accurate, and an unarmoured archer is gonna HURT when he gets hit by it.
I don't know enough

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tavuk_Bey

• Earl
  • Renown: 409
  • Infamy: 233
  • cRPG Player
  • herrroo, my näym iz bokkkseee änd i'm fukken ugry
    • View Profile
  • Faction: bashibazouk, the official jihad clan
  • Game nicks: tavuk
  • IRC nick: Minister of Shitstorm
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2011, 03:02:56 pm »
+1
This "solution" is so badly thought out it makes me laugh. All this will do is increase the number of archers who run from melee, since with 2 slots gone on a bow, and 2 slots gone on a quiver: NO decent melee weapon>more likely to run and shoot. When I was an archer, I used +3 longbow, +3 bodkins, and a short sword. With your suggestion I would be limited to 0 slot weapons, and I wouldnt bother to fight, since the result is not gonna be pretty.

IM A FUCKING DEDICATED ARBALESTER AND CARRYING 2 SACKS OF BOLTS + ARBALEST STILL ALLOWS ME TO CARRY A NOICE SPAMMING DAGGER WHICH HELPS ME TO GET TINCAN DOGTAGS. ONLY PUSSIES DON'T BOTHER TO FIGHT AND RUN AWAY FROM MELEE..
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

roast and roast again until lambs become kebab

Offline Ylca

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: YlcaTheTerrible, YlcaTheJuggler
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2011, 03:16:42 pm »

an archer shouldn't be able to carry a decent melee weapon since infantry can't carry a decent ranged weapon.

Well you just negated any credibility you might have had.

Ever heard of the crossbow?

Using your own argument archers most definitely should be able to carry a decent melee weapon.

/thread

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2011, 03:24:18 pm »
Ylca you retard, if you compare it you obviously need to compare the count on Projectiles too, so that would be 2 stacks of Bolts for Crossbowman aswell.

meaning you have 0 slots left with an Arbaleste, too.

The best crossbow you can use with 1 slot is the normal crossbow which is a piece of shit for a dedicated xbowman.
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline Ylca

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2011, 03:35:46 pm »
Ylca you retard, if you compare it you obviously need to compare the count on Projectiles too, so that would be 2 stacks of Bolts for Crossbowman aswell.

meaning you have 0 slots left with an Arbaleste, too.

The best crossbow you can use with 1 slot is the normal crossbow which is a piece of shit for a dedicated xbowman.

Crossbowmen get to choose between a shield and an extra slot. Archers could not carry a shield if they wished so you're right archers should be rebalanced so they can be effective melee/ranged much like crossbow. You see how silly this is getting?

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2011, 03:40:02 pm »
+1
No they dont.

You can have a shield and a Melee weapons with Crossbow(Although the crossbow is shit), yes, but you can have that as an archer, too.

Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.

Offline Ylca

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2011, 03:42:24 pm »
No they dont.

You can have a shield and a Melee weapons with Crossbow(Although the crossbow is shit), yes, but you can have that as an archer, too.

An archer cannot be accurate with the amount of weight a shield adds. How much do you know about archery builds before we continue this conversation on archer balance? Because that's something most people learn within the first few generations.

The reason people choose xbow over bow is precisely because you can effectively use it with a shield or, say, medium to medium-heavy armor.

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2011, 03:46:10 pm »
You can use a Bow Precisely with light to medium armor and even a shield, too.You need to have a 15/24 build at least for that, though(I played as an Archer at least on two alts till level 30 and farther).

Btw. thats what most dedicated Xbowmen have as build...

Archers are always having the advantage that they can shoot indefinitely faster than xbowmen, which needs to be balanced so you get harder wpf penaltys for weight than xbow users.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 03:49:20 pm by B3RS3RK »

Offline Ylca

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2011, 03:51:04 pm »
You can use a Bow Precisely with light to medium armor and even a shield, too.You need to have a 15/24 build at least for that, though(I played as an Archer at least on two alts till level 30 and farther).

Btw. thats what most dedicated Xbowmen have as build...

Archers are always having the advantage that they can shoot indefinitely faster than xbowmen, which needs to be balanced so you get harder wpf penaltys for weight than xbow users.

I'm sure the viability of shield archers is why you see them commonly. Bows are popular and so are shield-arche... oh wait.

Just because you *can* do something doesn't make it actually viable. Just because you can make a lol-13 shield build doesn't mean it's useful for more than lols in the same way an archer-shielder is not combat effective.

An xbowman with a shield is most certainly effective.

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2011, 03:52:48 pm »
No it is not.I played an Xbowman with shield, back then when Xbows were even more powerful.

You are slow with a shield and you cant carry a heavy xbow or an arbalest, so you are stuck with the crappy normal crossbow or the light crossbow which arent good at all both for a dedicated xbowman.

Also you need to go hybrid because playing shield and 1h with pure xbow wpf sucks more than having only a pickaxe or something.

Offline Ylca

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2011, 03:55:05 pm »
No it is not.I played an Xbowman with shield, back then when Xbows were even more powerful.

You are slow with a shield and you cant carry a heavy xbow or an arbalest, so you are stuck with the crappy normal crossbow or the light crossbow which arent good at all both for a dedicated xbowman.

Also you need to go hybrid because playing shield and 1h with pure xbow wpf sucks more than having only a pickaxe or something.

Normal xbows are more than effective, especially if they're loomed but decent even if they're not. Source: 4 generations as xbowman-xbow/shield hybrid.

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2011, 03:57:06 pm »
Yeah...And did you play Archer for some generations too?They are more than effective, too, especially if they are loomed....

Offline Ylca

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2011, 04:08:08 pm »
Yeah...And did you play Archer for some generations too?They are more than effective, too, especially if they are loomed....

Yeah, i've played archer for quite a few generations.

I'm gen 10 and i've respec'ed quite a few times. The only class i haven't really played for a full gen is thrower, and i've had a few alts of those too- just not my style.