Poll

Why don't you enjoy playing on EU 1 ?

Lots of ranged makes the game unplayable ...
Lots of cav charging from everywhere makes the game unplayable...
Lots of melee attacking from everywhere makes the game unplayable (Explain how please)
I think EU_1 is fine . I like how it is.
Main problem is ladders to roofs , the amount of ranged is fine.
I don't know about gameplay but with this upkeep , i can't play...

Author Topic: [POLL] About EU_1 Battle.Why its no fun anymore ? Or is it fun ?  (Read 20237 times)

Offline Gheritarish le Loki

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: [POLL] About EU_1 Battle.Why its no fun anymore ? Or is it fun ?
« Reply #105 on: December 02, 2011, 04:06:07 pm »
+1
Get a shield ppl!!

What! you're not able to put your shield in multi differencial way, you noob!
What! xbow bolt are not stopped by your shield, you must be a noob then!
What! this archer run faster than you, hey noob you should have 8 athletic with no armor!
What! they are on roof, you don't have your pocket ladder, you noob!

Offline Boerenlater

• Marshall
  • Renown: 728
  • Infamy: 204
  • cRPG Player
  • Jebem ti život!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Boerenlater
« Reply #106 on: December 02, 2011, 04:13:06 pm »
Get a shield ppl!!

What! you're not able to put your shield in multi differencial way, you noob!
What! xbow bolt are not stopped by your shield, you must be a noob then!
What! this archer run faster than you, hey noob you should have 8 athletic with no armor!
What! they are on roof, you don't have your pocket ladder, you noob!
So what you're saying is become the archer only without the bow to counter?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline dado

• Baron
  • Renown: 104
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TWISTED
  • Game nicks: TWISTED_FACE
« Reply #107 on: December 02, 2011, 04:19:37 pm »
+1
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #108 on: December 02, 2011, 04:25:41 pm »
Its a mix of too many ranged and accessible roofs.One I could bear, but both together make the game really shitty to play.
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline Gheritarish le Loki

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 02, 2011, 04:29:05 pm »
+1
So what you're saying is become the archer only without the bow to counter?

I was saying sarcasm, but there is something true, the only counter to ranged is ranged.
Now you wonder why there is so much ranged on server...

I mean shielders are know a pityful easy target, unless you have a minimum of +6 shield skill (and then you hit as hard as an asthmatic grandmother) your shield is useless, shield don"t protect you anymore against ranged and you are slow as hell, and i just speak of one vs one fight, because 2 archers, one on each side and you're dead for sure...

Don't understand me wrong, i don't say archer are op, i just say there is no more counter and far too much ranged on servers.

Offline bonekuukkeli

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Xawi_von_Perkele
« Reply #110 on: December 02, 2011, 04:49:16 pm »
Also... why not add some more melee maps in rotation? There's only couple village maps in rotation currently. Most are open desert / roof camping maps so no wonder that players are playing archers.

edit: And cavalry.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 04:52:18 pm by bonekuukkeli »

Offline Cyber

• Count
  • Renown: 237
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Cyber
« Reply #111 on: December 02, 2011, 04:50:04 pm »
+4
People expect different things from the game. Some just want a realistic medieval battle, some only care about melee combat, others want all classes to be balanced.  What i love most about this game and what kept me around so long is the awesome melee combat. Best i have seen in a game yet, ranged combat is quite simple and has been done before in several games, so it's really not that appealing to me.

For me ranged is quite frustrating, and it's not because i can't handle it. I have a lot of experience playing this game and played most of my time as a shielder. Unless im seriously outnumbered i usually don't get hit by ranged just by positioning myself correctly and using my shield. However I can also never even attack a archer myself, they can always outrun me, unless i just make some agy char and sacrifice my armor to catch them.

What some people might feel about ranged is that when you fight a melee player, or even cav no matter the situation it feels like your skill actually matters and you always have a chance to actually fight them. Even if you are outnumbered you still have a chance to fight back. However ranged classes can just attack and do damage to you (even if it's just your shield) without risking taking any dmg themselves and giving you a chance to fight them back, no matter how good you might be. When a pure melee player manages to attack an archer it is only because they made an error.

Obviously it might make it in a way feel more like an actual battle and force you to use teamwork to beat different enemy classes but really even historically archers were used to soften up enemy ranks and were not skilled enough to headshot someone while hes fighting 4 enemies, run away and repeat doing it, but i don't like to use any realism discussion for game balancing. Ofcourse this is just how ranged combat works and imo they are not OP in any way compared to melee or cav, i guess i just personally dislike ranged in this game, but this is just what i enjoy about this game and it may be completely different for other people.

Anyway after typing all this nonsense really the only thing i see to make the situation better is to make archers a lot slower like has been previously suggested, so most melee people can catch up to them. In that case archers would somewhat actually have to rely on their teammates aswell to survive. Since they would not be able to outrun half the enemy team alone they might have to stick closer to their teammates and think more about their positioning on the battlefield since they would not be able to flank from million sides and outrun any danger they encounter. This would but them bit more into a support class role aswell. You also would get slight chance of winning a 1v2 situation vs ranged as infantry.

For me though, i would be able to handle all that ranged spam but the game is just starting to get boring like will almost any if you play it for too long. It has mainly been the same old thing for almost 2 years now. Only thing that can really make me stick to a game for a long, long amount of time is large MP competetive scene which always gives you fun challenges. That is why i have sticked so long to games like Starcraft, counter strike 1.6 even though i like them less then warband. Im secretly hoping that they focus more on Multiplayer with M&B 2 and we can get something like that there.

/// Edit: Damn this turned out to be a long post:O writing it went so fast, probably repeated myself 10 times there, gonna read it over later when i have some time.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 04:57:27 pm by Cyber »

Offline Tindel

• Earl
  • Renown: 333
  • Infamy: 238
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tindel
« Reply #112 on: December 02, 2011, 05:04:41 pm »
+1
Add tdm and ctf as game modes.
These modes favor melee more.

Battle is about survival and thus favors ranged.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 02, 2011, 05:06:57 pm »
EU 1 is still my server of choice. There is a whole lot of ranged these days, but they are 30% of my free kills. They make battle more interesting. Melee server doesn't quite give the same experience.

If ladders get removed it will be fine

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 580
  • Infamy: 2794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 02, 2011, 05:07:13 pm »

I have 8 ath and 5 total armor weight and a 4.5 weight Old Heater shield and I can't catch them archers :?

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 02, 2011, 05:10:18 pm »
I have 8 ath and 5 total armor weight and a 4.5 weight Old Heater shield and I can't catch them archers :?

Probably the shield.I have something bout 5 weight in armor and 7 ath and I catch almost every archer these days.
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1861
  • Infamy: 2293
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 02, 2011, 05:12:38 pm »
Probably the shield.I have something bout 5 weight in armor and 7 ath and I catch almost every archer these days.

Yeah it's the shield... I've tried to catch Vitek and Slv with such setup and failed. Also at times I've actually came close and switched to sword dude just shot me...

I can and I killed plenty archers in my heavy gear but that's because they are stupid fucks and I always flank them and come behind their backs. But chasing aware archer is pain in the ass.

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 02, 2011, 05:15:40 pm »
Take away the shield and just run weirdly around :D many archers will fail, especially if you are close so they get fearsome and miss their shots.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2159
  • Infamy: 1946
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 02, 2011, 05:17:54 pm »
Take away the shield and just run weirdly around :D many archers will fail, especially if you are close so they get fearsome and miss their shots.

I do that in my heavy gear but in light is too risky. Dude might be so terrible at aiming that some of his shots actually go that wide and hit me straight in the face while I'm doing "retard" dance...

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 02, 2011, 05:18:38 pm »
 :lol: yeah that happened to me sometimes, too.