Poll

I

agree, 2h cav can't possibly be fun and all players should try something else.
disagree, 2h cav could possibly be fun and all players should try it.
dont even.

Author Topic: 2h cav  (Read 1913 times)

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
Re: 2h cav
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2011, 12:22:41 am »
I currently play 2h cav and do well above average on prime time eu1 and smaller servers.

Indeed you are vulnerable to HA; much more than 1h cav, but only slightly less than pole arm cav that decides to take a decent back up weapon.

You seem to overstate the significance in reduction of damage and speed when used on horseback.  First of all when the speed bonus is taken into consideration the damage output is remarkably increased on what is achievable on foot. Secondly the speed rating is questionably relevant when it uses a completely different set of animations anyway. In fact the swing speed doesn't seem sluggish at all to me, for the reach you get.

I'd also question why yo say that the morning star is the 'most viable' 2h cav weapon when it is clearly inferior when fighting other horseman to the longsword / hbs - different weapons do seem t have different applications.

I would say your argument is without substance, anecdotal and does not correlate with my experience of the last few months.

So 'I gotta tell ya' 2h cav is more than viable, my question is whether or not it is fun.
Turtles

Offline Mushy

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • For the Tea!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MUSCHI
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2011, 02:20:24 am »
+1
OP shit, remove it.

It is approved.

I can only signed.

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2011, 02:54:25 am »
Would you say the damage and speed was justifiable when it received crush through from horseback or was that op?  Is the damage and speed from horseback now ok or is it too 'nerfed' to be viable?

i did 2 gens with some riding skill + morningstar back in the crushthru days. well mighty MS with 9ps had crushthru capabilities versus huscarls even at very low speed. so yes... was a bit too much OP. and yes. 41 pierce even with the mount penalty, it's a 1hit kill with anything above 7 PS (with decent speed bonus)

I currently play 2h cav and do well above average on prime time eu1 and smaller servers.

Indeed you are vulnerable to HA; much more than 1h cav, but only slightly less than pole arm cav that decides to take a decent back up weapon.

You seem to overstate the significance in reduction of damage and speed when used on horseback.  First of all when the speed bonus is taken into consideration the damage output is remarkably increased on what is achievable on foot. Secondly the speed rating is questionably relevant when it uses a completely different set of animations anyway. In fact the swing speed doesn't seem sluggish at all to me, for the reach you get.

I'd also question why yo say that the morning star is the 'most viable' 2h cav weapon when it is clearly inferior when fighting other horseman to the longsword / hbs - different weapons do seem t have different applications.

I would say your argument is without substance, anecdotal and does not correlate with my experience of the last few months.

So 'I gotta tell ya' 2h cav is more than viable, my question is whether or not it is fun.

i see the main advantage of it, being an excellent inf weapon and when mounted, good at killing engaged inf. so you can basically spawn with just the morningstar.
longsword is longer and a bit faster on horse. but the damage is really halved. so when you manage to slip on the inf flank and start landing morningstar hits, you can make 3-4 kills per pass. with a longsword or LHB no way unless you some headslashes versus non plated helm infantry.

EDIT:

also seeing someone playing a build or style not so abused, can't hurt the game. anyway i would not do a full riding build with morningstar. just to dump in extra points if someone don't want to convert em. 4-5 riding is more than enough as you're anyway screwed versus other cav. so a level 31 24/15 with 5ath 5riding 8ps 3IF is solid imo.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 03:06:07 am by Corrado_Decimo »

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2011, 04:42:37 am »
Well so far ive been using an 18:21 build and been doing ok, I feel an additional PS point would have been nice but i enjoy the mobility I gain on foot with 7 athletics.
Turtles

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2011, 12:01:49 pm »
Well so far ive been using an 18:21 build and been doing ok, I feel an additional PS point would have been nice but i enjoy the mobility I gain on foot with 7 athletics.

well with your usual loomed plate, a lot of extra hp would let you wipe the entire gank that forms around you when you get dehorsed. 80hp and 75ish plate armor is something to consider... unless you really mind to cap your riding to your agility. otherwise with all that armor, there is not all that difference from 5 to 7 ath. there is a big health/survivability boost from 18STR to 24 with decent IF tho.