Author Topic: The classes and the maintenance (upkeep discussion)  (Read 5489 times)

Offline Vygar

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vygar_PxC, Divinicus_PxC, Tegashi_PxC
Re: The classes and the maintenance (upkeep discussion)
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2011, 07:56:56 pm »
In the long term, upkeep is decreasing diversity on the battlefield. Many players do this, resulting in the vast majority of melee having armors in the same tier.

I'm not sure if you're seeing only what you wish to but from my experience, this couldn't be further from the truth.  The patch reduced the incentive to stack top tier items and discourages TinCan + Charger syndrome.  I really hated the grindfest that was cRPG pre-maintenance and I actually ended up quitting for a number of months because it just wasn't any fun as a new casual player. 

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
Re: The classes and the maintenance (upkeep discussion)
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2011, 05:31:41 pm »
This thread is so full of win. Sorry if i am going to mispell anything, anyways as i started to play few weeks before the BIG patch or whatnot, i have some observations also.

Pre patch there were a lot of tincans, yeah, but it was fun ganging up on them and kill them, trying to pike down that mounted knight and everything, was thrilling. I was going for pure 2h build + plate, as i always wanted to play a knight. Prepatch the day i could afford the plate, i started using it, and it was quite a big advantage over lower geared people, as it simply left me more space for my errors. And hell i am still making a lot of them :)

After the patch, i started running around in leather and such, and i found myself forced off to duel server more often to practise a little before going to battle, as i could not block shit. Some days i play good, some others bad, but i guess that is just normal.

About the agi stacking whores, i would not say that is true, my last three generations were 24/15, 21/18 and now 18/21, pretty much balanced around getting some more wpf, as with the retirement changes i had a lot less in 2her skill. Anyways, my next gen is going to be again 24/15, as i was able to crush a lot with 8PS and usually oneshot most of people up to mail armor. (well, xcept other str hoarders).

off to watch some simpsons :)