Author Topic: Strategus RAGE.  (Read 1152 times)

Offline Greziz

• Baron
  • Renown: 112
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kerin__Grahm_BRD, Linden_BRD, secretary of BRD
Strategus RAGE.
« on: December 01, 2011, 05:09:25 am »
+11
Seriously F STRATEGUS! It has been going for a slow grinding almost 2-3 months now and ALL BATTLES ARE STILL peasant melee in rags at best versus archers with a couple of reused mw bows of some form in their already normal archer rags. I AM TIRED OF THIS I MISS SEEING A HUSCARL! I MISS SEEING LEGITIMATE CAVALRY I MISS SEEING A 2hander that isnt a peasant axe or some peasant scythe! GOOD GOD. I understand people occasionally field the joke singular set of full plate and 1 real weapon  but I want to see strategus remove the mw items they are not needed also would like to see the ability to feild a more moderate and balanced army any army assaulting a village or something should be able to field a decent bit of chainmaille a decent cavalry and of coarse there will never ever be a shortage on archers! I get it you have to trade to make money but trading immense ammount of goods and being one of the biggest na trading hubs from what I can tell has done dick all to allow for real gear in any reasonable useful number shit is getting old I enjoyed the first couple of peasant offs where it was naked archers with mw bows russian shooting was hilarious for first 5 minutes then depressingly effective and 0 fun for any one not an archer -.-

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Slamz
Re: Strategus RAGE.
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 05:38:23 am »
+2
chadz is allegedly going to reduce all costs by 50%.  We are now waiting for that.

Previously we were waiting for the bugfix to equipment being lost even though you didn't die.

Basically Strategus 3 has been "Bug Extravaganza 1" so far.  I still think the concepts are solid, it's just been bogged down with these problems.  Skyrim setting all bugfixes back by 2+ weeks didn't help.
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 05:52:00 am »
+1
Actually, I think there have been significantly less bugs in this version of Strategus than the previous one. The problem here is the massive economic understanding fail. People don't make nearly enough money to equip themselves. Halving the prices isn't really going to help that much either. Hell, even if you quadruple the prices and get it back to what it used to be, income is still far inferior to last Strat and army upkeep is far larger. And in last Strat, gear level was pretty much exactly where I think it should be.

Btw, if chadz really wanted to halve equipment cost, he would only need to change a 25 to a 50 (assuming he didn't make a whole other table for Strat equipment). Since they haven't changed, I'm assuming he hasn't decided to lower prices.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 06:04:50 am »
Yeah he should cut prices in general in half not crafting as that creates a lot of imbalances and still ahs major issues with assaulting castlesa s very very few people have crafting skill in siege equipment.  And if your horse was dead when you got the message your skill actually dropped on your horse becasue it wasnt currently equipped so a lot of horse crafting skills excessively low.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2011, 06:12:00 am »
+1
Yeah he should cut prices in general in half not crafting as that creates a lot of imbalances and still ahs major issues with assaulting castlesa s very very few people have crafting skill in siege equipment.

Just buy from them, or actually get some yourself (you or your clan). Getting skill in siege equipment shouldn't be a problem for a clan. Two-handed players, polearm players or dedicated 1H/shield (no throwing) can grab medium ladder, siege shield, 2x construction material each round. If you throw a siege shield, a ladder or 2x construction material in the start of the round, but get chadztext after you threw it, you'll still get crafting skill on it unless you've looted other gear during the battle.

Myself, I use Mighty Poleaxe or Masterwork Long Awlpike depending on number of players, type of enemies, type of maps etc. but I always threw a siege shield before engaging in melee. The result? 23 crafting skill in siege shield...
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2011, 06:21:07 am »
Thanks.  I would love to do it myself, but I cant get message still because im over level 31 and that hasnt been fixed.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2011, 06:26:01 am »
Thanks.  I would love to do it myself, but I cant get message still because im over level 31 and that hasnt been fixed.

Yeah, I can see that. I'm level 31 now myself, so it's stuck at 23 until they (possibly) change that. However your clan should be big enough to have some guys, that usually retires at lvl 31, spawn with a spesific type of siege equipment each round?
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2011, 06:35:24 am »
Yeah, I can see that. I'm level 31 now myself, so it's stuck at 23 until they (possibly) change that. However your clan should be big enough to have some guys, that usually retires at lvl 31, spawn with a spesific type of siege equipment each round?

Working on it. We had guys sacrifice level 33 because it became too fricken annoying to not be able to craft anything and we all really wanted a beautiful a particularly beautiful Masterwork item.

Offline Gristle

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BRD
  • Game nicks: Gristle_BRD
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2011, 06:56:28 am »
+2
Even if you retire, the crafting message is not reliable. My crafting has not improved in almost 2 generations. Possibly 3. It has been a while.

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2011, 03:23:20 pm »
I was one of the retiring players. Got the message once total and just hit 30. Maybe I will get lucky and hit it again before 31. But that is a pretty low rate. I know the other guy who retired with me is already 30 and he did not get it at all.
Leader of BS

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2011, 04:10:50 am »
+1
Working on it. We had guys sacrifice level 33 because it became too fricken annoying to not be able to craft anything and we all really wanted a beautiful a particularly beautiful Masterwork item.

would that be the "So SIMPO sword"?