Author Topic: The Dark Force  (Read 8628 times)

Offline Scrambles720

• Knight
  • Renown: 25
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Scrambles_Astralis
Re: The Dark Force
« Reply #60 on: December 01, 2011, 05:03:56 pm »
+1
Human nature Tears of Destiny :)  Morons will likely argue about nothing until the end of the world.

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2011, 05:19:34 pm »
+2
I feel as if I'm in a twilight universe...

Why are so many non-Fallen so displeased about this? I mean, any NA player knows that Native is a lunatic who makes inventive stories up rather often hence his avatar, but what is everyone elses problem exactly?

Angry that the developers are finally playing their game, and instead of removing a thousand troops via typing in the data base, they chose to have fun and let the Fallen have fun as well? Oh god save us all, the devs made strategus fun! The horror! The humanity!

Or is it perhaps that some of you are realizing that Strategus is finally being watched closely by the devs...

Either way stop crying about it... The Fallen Brigade found the solution to be fun and pleasing, the Hospitallers/Occitan force claim that they found the solution to be fun and pleasing, the devs are happy... Why are so many random people harping on it so bad?

Are you so hellbent on drama that you will create it out of nothing? Considering that the devs just released a patch and recently implemented a kick ass launcher (that auto updates, holy hell) as well as WSE, and considering this is the first time the Fallen Brigade have abused a game feature (and openly addmitted it), the reaction from the community is just sad on how many of you are determined to make a shitstorm about nothing...

It's because we are such an awesome fucking Faction that anything we do wrong no matter how small and insignificant, even if done by every other clan before we did it, it will be blown out of proportion by the envious neckbeards of the cRPG community. We are just that fucking amazing.

Offline Gheritarish le Loki

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 01, 2011, 05:53:03 pm »
It's because we are such an awesome fucking Faction that anything we do wrong no matter how small and insignificant, even if done by every other clan before we did it, it will be blown out of proportion by the envious neckbeards of the cRPG community. We are just that fucking amazing.

Or ppl were just fed up of all the exploits from last strats without any punishment and didn't understood why one of the less exploiter clan is punished... atleast it's what i feel (and i don't like whiny ppl).

Offline kongxinga

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Farmers
« Reply #63 on: December 01, 2011, 08:34:55 pm »
I feel as if I'm in a twilight universe...

Why are so many non-Fallen so displeased about this? I mean, any NA player knows that Native is a lunatic who makes inventive stories up rather often hence his avatar, but what is everyone elses problem exactly?

Angry that the developers are finally playing their game, and instead of removing a thousand troops via typing in the data base, they chose to have fun and let the Fallen have fun as well? Oh god save us all, the devs made strategus fun! The horror! The humanity!

Or is it perhaps that some of you are realizing that Strategus is finally being watched closely by the devs...

Either way stop crying about it... The Fallen Brigade found the solution to be fun and pleasing, the Hospitallers/Occitan force claim that they found the solution to be fun and pleasing, the devs are happy... Why are so many random people harping on it so bad?

Are you so hellbent on drama that you will create it out of nothing? Considering that the devs just released a patch and recently implemented a kick ass launcher (that auto updates, holy hell) as well as WSE, and considering this is the first time the Fallen Brigade have abused a game feature (and openly addmitted it), the reaction from the community is just sad on how many of you are determined to make a shitstorm about nothing...

Because of the bad precedent it clearly sets? Because if I log in the one time in the week for a strategus battle, either as a merc or a clan I rather not be curb stomped by people with magicked equipment?

To elaborate on the localized "free to play" korean MMO analogy, these people take a game which itself was a copy of other games, changes a few variables, slaps on a translation and runs it. And he says, hey its a mod of a game I made and now its "free to play". Oh btw, you can also donate for some nominal advantages, such as levelling up much faster (lottery lordag anyone?). Afterall everyone can level up too with enough (20000 hours) of play, so leveling up faster is not really an advantage?

And then they pull stunts like magicking +20 oversized swords of head removing for their buddies and steamroll some clan that they don't like. and when people complain they or their fanboys say "it's a free game etc etc" even though they take money in return for real benefits?

Which brings me to the other point. The players have little recourse, so the korean mmo owners can get away with it. But just because you can do it does not make it that you should do it. While some masochists may find it enjoyable to be slaughtered, many players would not like to log in to die repeatedly with no way of defending themselves. For example, take all the hate that was generated whenever a faction forgot to buy equipment or proper equipment for its mercenaries. Recall getting shot at spawn by organized DRZ arrow squads when there were not enough siege shields or normal shields. Was that fun for anyone? Fact is, many, if not most people do not like to be slaughtered.

Offline Warcat

• Earl
  • Renown: 396
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Warcat_ Village_Elder Merchant_of_Tulga Tavern_Keeper Guild_Master Ramun_The_Slave_Trader
« Reply #64 on: December 05, 2011, 11:25:04 am »
+3
Other factions only hate Fallen because they are jealous of us in many ways. They're jealous of our kittens for instance
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
In memory of Fallen_Warcat_, member of Fallen Brigade, ruler of Zagush
Tavern_Keeper #1 NA shielder
Strategus City Improvement Project

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • I use these forums to hook up with hot ladies
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Memento_Mori, Sengo_Muramasa, Born_Of_Osiris,