Author Topic: Banner balance  (Read 2815 times)

Offline Dalhi

• Earl
  • Renown: 415
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dalhi
Re: Banner balance
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2011, 02:18:26 pm »
+2

Offline Lordark

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player
  • Please respect all admins and thier decisions.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Solo
  • Game nicks: Lordark
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2011, 02:21:41 pm »
Quote from: zagibu on Yesterday at 21:31:52

The only way i've found to deal with this fact is to think of non-clan teammates as AI bots. Without this trick I would have lost my sanity LONG ago.

KILL ALL HUMANS!

:lol: I lolz at that one ^^

But yeah switch to their banner! If you wanna get back at clan bangers, nothing annoys them more when their squaddie gets put on other team because stupid pubbers like yourself take up space by wearing thier banner.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 02:23:14 pm by Lordark »
Never forget the day Dragons came to Calradia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfLxHJY0lQI&feature=related
My personal theme song, We will never surrender!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg1xqAjQ5e4

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2011, 02:44:18 pm »
i keep my blue fish of doom and use the strict autobalance server(s) instead. i will most likely play with myself or 5 more, so be it.

however i still belive the balance stuff should be looked at. either by limiting the maximum amount of same colors per team or changing the way the mech works, explained by Digglez.

advises like joining a clan so that i can get a fair match on pulic servers is just plain silly.

Offline Kophka

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • for the final ride
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Kophka/Koschei
  • IRC nick: Kophka
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2011, 04:38:42 pm »
You know that Banner Balance is the last part of auto-balance to take effect, right? The Auto-Balancer takes into consideration : k:d ratio, then level, then banner when it does it's magic. It's not only banner that it looks at.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2011, 02:34:19 am »
i keep my blue fish of doom and use the strict autobalance server(s) instead. i will most likely play with myself or 5 more, so be it.

however i still belive the balance stuff should be looked at. either by limiting the maximum amount of same colors per team or changing the way the mech works, explained by Digglez.

advises like joining a clan so that i can get a fair match on pulic servers is just plain silly.

you do not have to JOIN a clan to wear the banner they happen to use.  Before you select server, click edit character & change banner to overpowered teamwork clans banner and profit.  There is nothing in the rules stopping you from doing this, infact rules say people are free to use whatever banner they want.

That may change when they add a more robust clan system that've talked about...but think there would be neutral banners available for the clanless.

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2011, 11:01:04 pm »
you do not have to JOIN a clan to wear the banner they happen to use.  Before you select server, click edit character & change banner to overpowered teamwork clans banner and profit.  There is nothing in the rules stopping you from doing this, infact rules say people are free to use whatever banner they want.

Ah don't tell him that!

ASD ASD TEAMWORK IS OVER POWERED. BAN CLANS FROM CRPG, THEY SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO BE ORGANIZED AND HAVE FUN PLAYING ON THE SAME SIDE OMG! THEY SHOULD NOT BE REWARDED OF TEAMWORK!!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2011, 11:44:31 pm »
+1
Ah don't tell him that!

ASD ASD TEAMWORK IS OVER POWERED. BAN CLANS FROM CRPG, THEY SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO BE ORGANIZED AND HAVE FUN PLAYING ON THE SAME SIDE OMG! THEY SHOULD NOT BE REWARDED OF TEAMWORK!!!

duels! come at me 1 at a time bro!

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2011, 11:59:27 pm »
I made the following suggestion many months ago, I think it was even in the old Taleworlds forum, thus being deleted now  :mad:

Simply create something on the character page that looks like the faction box in Strategus:

- Everyone can create a new faction
- Below this you have the option to join an existing faction. You can choose from a dropdown-list and then click an "apply"-button
- Every faction leader has some basic options for faction maintenance, basically a list with all members and a few buttons next to them, e.g. "accept"/"decline" (for applications), "promote/demote" (for members, to promote them to officers to allo be allowed to accept applications) or "promote to faction leader"/"kick" for some definite decisions  :mrgreen:

- banner balance gets reworked. Every server has five free "slots" (I don't mean real slots increasing server population) per team for clan players. So if two groups of clan players between 2 and 5 players join, each of them will be balanced into one team. As soon as the five slots are exceeded, another pair of five slots opens, and the players get distributed another way, but always trying to place same clans into the same team. But the difference between the teams will never be more than five clan players.

Examples:

(Left column are the clan player slots for team blue, right one is for team red)

A|B
A|B
A|-
A|-
A|-

or

A|B
A|B
A|C
A|C
A|C
----
A|C
A|C
 -|C
 -|-
 -|-

or

A|A
A|A
A|A
A|-
A|-

This way noone can just "leech" on a foreign clan, but simultaneously the need to do so will be lowered, too.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 12:01:15 am by Joker86 »
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline STR_KpuBopyk

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • STR
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2011, 12:00:26 am »
+3
Playing on publick server whithout teamplay is really boring. And if we connect to some server with 6-10 teammates with one banner in a few rounds we get split. Even if i connect with 1 teammate(like nokeyboard) in a few rounds we get split. balance sukcs. sry for my engl.
1h

Offline Auphilia

• Earl
  • Renown: 480
  • Infamy: 190
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2011, 10:36:47 am »
+2
I sympathize with you, as I know many clans love to stack up small servers and just farm. I won't name any, but it happens more often than not. It is also not uncommon to see that once one clan leaves, immediately after, another clan mysteriously comes online, as if they all take turns farming the servers lol. There isn't much that can be done. Joining a clan seems to be the solution to 90% of anyone's problems in this game. Ironically clans seem to create 90% of the problems in this game. But hey, what can we common folk do?

Sometimes banner balance works in our favor anyways, not all clans are full of pros. It is a shame that random players can't use common sense, let alone any tactical initiative, but the problem there is humanity, not necessarily cRPG.

It is not fair to say a group of friends can not play together because they use their coordination and organization to their advantage.

However, I do agree that banner balance could favor in putting clans vs clans, rather than stacking them.

Offline Ylca

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: YlcaTheTerrible, YlcaTheJuggler
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2011, 11:24:01 am »
No one actually wants banner balance because then instead of one team being at x1, both teams are at x2 occasionally and everyone is getting terribad xp/gold. Most people who play long term join a clan for this reason.

The chances that this will change are about equal to the chance that the multiplier will be scrapped and a new xp system will be implemented.

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2011, 11:47:19 am »
+2
Teamwork>lone noob

Offline Tristan

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player
  • Listen to wisdom!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Guards)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tristan
  • IRC nick: Guard_Tristan
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2011, 09:02:56 am »
Biggest problem with bannerbalance imo is when one clan is all cav (YES GK, I am looking at you).

That tend to disturb the overall balance on public servers when one team can field towards 20 cav.
He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened his mouth.

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2011, 07:15:50 pm »
bleh. i didnt want to entirely remove it, but merely change the way it works.

i dont think i need to comment any further. some ppl dont like my thread (the clan ppl) while others do tend to semi agree with the fact that clans do stack and clans do abuse the banner balance.

but i guess abuse it cool as long as u r a clan... i guess this wont be changed, cus devs/admins are all clan themselfs. and the general puplic, the casuel gamer, most likely doenst know about the "balance" mech.

all in all i just think its pure elitist wank. i still belive the mech should be at least looked at. something to make up for the 30 clan ppl vs. 30 puplic randoms.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2011, 11:21:12 pm »
There is a list :http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,13628.0.html

EU5 on that list is also now using banner balance.

But yes banner balance is a good thing. With strat as shit as it is atm, clans need to get some gameplay in together, even if just for casual play. But it is funny to see the amount of GK banners now used. Especially considering the native purple banner with white swords was one of the least used banners previously.