Poll

Should Heavy Lances also be 3 slots?

Yes
22 (44%)
No
28 (56%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Author Topic: Balance the Heavy Lance by making it 3 slot as well.  (Read 1640 times)

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • pronouns: Nick/her
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
Re: Balance the Heavy Lance by making it 3 slot as well.
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2011, 05:54:42 pm »
18/18 build is perfect for Cavalry.

So what makes you think they have a big disadvantage?Actually, their Disadvantage is extremely small, even with shield.

Either they have 1 athletics or 1 PS less than most opponents.Wow.Such a big disadvantage.

They should be a little more gimped.

I liked it when you needed 6 agi for each riding and the Plated charger was 6 riding, meaning you could only ride it with 30 agi.Now THAT was an Disadvantage worth speaking of.I´d like to have that again.

6 x 6 = 36

Your whole post must be a troll, or you're just a retard.  Why would someone on a plated charger wear rags? Cos he doesn't have the strength to wear plate...lol good joke.

Cav got nerfed in nearly every patch, yet we still have this silly anti-cav brigade trollling us all the time...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2011, 06:01:25 pm »
Ah, sry then.Meant 5 Riding xD

Your whole post must be a troll, or you're just a retard.  Why would someone on a plated charger wear rags

No u.We actually HAD this back then before upkeep and stuff, and it was really nice, because to ride a fucking Tank you needed to be very specialized.As it is now, its nor hard at all to be awesome on foot and on horse...

Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2011, 06:10:47 pm »
Hmm... Why on earth should it be 3 slots? Cavalry guy has a huge disadvantage when dehorsed. 1) He is laying on the ground so long that you can hit atleast twice if you are near him. 2) He does not have the same melee abilities as your infantry build. He had to compromise at something (power strike, athletics or weapon master for example.) 3) The upkeep does not allow cav to carry the best possible back up weapon all the time. Sometimes not side arm at all.

Not to speak that light mounts get killed so easilly. So why shouldn't they be able to have good sidearms with heavy lance? In my opinion heavy lance is pretty balanced and not op. I see other cav using many other lances as well. Light lance and even two sided lance. What is an bröblems?

Then what happens to 1h/lance hybrids? Atleast they wont be having a shield... So that for the diversity...

Then again:
(click to show/hide)

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2011, 06:14:29 pm »
+1
Ah, sry then.Meant 5 Riding xD

No u.We actually HAD this back then before upkeep and stuff, and it was really nice, because to ride a fucking Tank you needed to be very specialized.As it is now, its nor hard at all to be awesome on foot and on horse...

back than u we had level 40 "heros" that still had the str to use heavy armor.  c-rpg is a different catch these days,  dont see how u can compare despite all the changes during the last 12 months.

rags on slow horses is suicide.

Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2011, 06:16:54 pm »
Oh and when I say "them" meaning cavmen, I mean "us!"... Now I sound biased as hell don't I? But atleast I know what I'm talking about since I play the class myself (pure lancer).

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • pronouns: Nick/her
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2011, 06:32:38 pm »
Oh and when I say "them" meaning cavmen, I mean "us!"... Now I sound biased as hell don't I? But atleast I know what I'm talking about since I play the class myself (pure lancer).

Good point.  It's always those that have played 20 gens as archer or pure inf that hate cav.

Pre all the big patches i use to rock shield/heavy lance/1h sword/hidden flamberge.  It "was" OP.

Now play lance/2h wep with no shield and medium horse.  Often find myself charging enemy and, if head on, horse gets "bodkin'd or bolted" (80-100% health gone with 1 arrow/bolt). 

Also, I haven't played since this latest patch cos am away, but 2h thrust has been able to outrange heavy lance for some time now, and I hear the animation has been changed...so, should be interesting.

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2011, 06:58:02 pm »
ninja hijack:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrcBMLC2fFQ

maybe this will actually give this thread some substance.
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Rusty_Shacklefjord

• Baron
  • Renown: 90
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
  • Pro-pain
    • View Profile
  • Faction: One Man Army
  • Game nicks: Erik_Magnusson
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2011, 07:36:37 pm »
+1
18/18 build is perfect for Cavalry.

So what makes you think they have a big disadvantage?Actually, their Disadvantage is extremely small, even with shield.

Either they have 1 athletics or 1 PS less than most opponents.Wow.Such a big disadvantage.

You're right, 18/18 is good for cavalry. However, a good infantry build would be more like 24/12. This means 6 more points of strength, and 2 more points of iron flesh and power strike - on top of the better armor and weapons that you can afford to use when you don't also have to pay for a horse and lance.

So yes, cavalry ARE are at a disadvantage when dismounted. They have less health, less armor, do less damage, and have less effective weapons.
I too am not a bit tamed, I too am untranslatable,
I sound my barbaric YAWP over the roofs of the world.

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2011, 08:25:24 pm »
You're right, 18/18 is good for cavalry. However, a good infantry build would be more like 24/12. This means 6 more points of strength, and 2 more points of iron flesh and power strike - on top of the better armor and weapons that you can afford to use when you don't also have to pay for a horse and lance.

So yes, cavalry ARE are at a disadvantage when dismounted. They have less health, less armor, do less damage, and have less effective weapons.

24/12? O.o

BOOOOOORING!

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2011, 08:43:59 pm »
+2
I would rather like to see cav using heavy lance just for stab and great lance for couching. But that's just me I suppose.

I don't really see the need for this other than internal lance balance. Heavy lance is overused and that should change. Find a way.

Heavy lance is overused because it's the only one with decent range. The good way of balancing it isn't making it as useless as the other ones...

Currently the only way of playing cav like cav is meant to be played is going for a wallet-oriented build. 18/18/500k at least, to upkeep the only horses that don't drop dead in a few arrows. Hurting the whole class because others are butthurt about heavy horses isn't needed. Don't forget that even though a heavy lance is "only" 2 slots, it is not sheathable. Furthermore, downed cav already are at a great disadvantage. A roughly level 25 melee char, that starts the infantry fight with a 3 seconds nap that usually lets the enemy strike 2 hits, sometimes only one. Which means many of these "fights" don't even happen as the cav is killed on the ground without any mean of defense, no matter how good he is. Now, is that fair ? As cav I never complained about that.

Offline Chagan_Arslan

• Earl
  • Renown: 372
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Chagan_Arslan
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2011, 03:22:16 pm »
what about horse giving you 2 more slots ? you can attach stuff to the saddle or something

ah crazy talk

and pike was probably changed to the 3 slots, because it was/is the ultimate melee support weapon rather than anti cav weapon, with this change it might bring it back to its proper role in the battlefield but to hell with that blame cav ;p