36 (20.8%)
The ability to put up trades on the marketplace with strat gold vs cRPG gold
30 (17.3%)
Both of the above
71 (41%)
None of the above
36 (20.8%)

Total Members Voted: 173

Author Topic: Convert gold?  (Read 2414 times)

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
Re: Convert gold?
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2011, 06:00:49 am »
I voted for option two (market), but on further consideration I say option 1 is what I would pick.

Problems w/ market:
a) Clanmakes could transfer strat gold without having to be near each other within strat, destroying some of the logistical aspects of strat
b) Richer/established players would have a much larger strat advantage because they could buy gold more easily (granted there is still a market for this now, but streamlining the process would make it much more frequent I think).

I like the fact that the 1:10 conversion would remove the strat gold entirely, but would provide incentive for players to get involved in strat if not just to bolster their cRPG characters.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2011, 03:00:05 pm »
I voted for the Marketplace option, however, I think that the current ideas being tossed around in Selling > Srategus are pretty fun.

Prices change due to risk on there. Local Pickups people normally charge regular rate for, however if they have to travel it doubles, sometimes triples. I know if the Hospitaller Faction requested to purchase Strat gold with their location, someone would have to pass through FCC territory, and a lot of traders would make the option to not make the trip....though it would be fun to see the ones who would!

LL_Tanken
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Knute

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 682
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2011, 11:55:30 pm »
+1
To give independent players more of an incentive to play strat and make some money in it, I want to ease the way of trading strat gold with cRPG gold. See options above.

I think the option to play Strategus needs to be much clearer so more people can get involved, maybe something on the c-rpg.net front page or a tab in the character page area that takes you into Strategus. 

On the siege server the other night I saw someone asking if they could get an invite to join strategus because they thought only clans had the link.

Offline Shadowren

• Count
  • Renown: 255
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player
  • It isnt sufficient that I succeed-others must fail
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shadowren_ATS
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2011, 04:25:16 pm »
I like the idea maybe more people would play strat.   :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login