Author Topic: Things to be changed in cRPG  (Read 2365 times)

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
Things to be changed in cRPG
« on: November 27, 2011, 04:32:40 pm »
+3
This is the list of problems that should be solved. Some of them have no exact suggestion of how to fix them, so I ask you to help me and devs to find the best solution.
This list will be updated/fulfilled during time.

1) The angle of attack using a lance on horseback. It's currently 40 degrees and it causes lots of problems for lancers. It should be 20 degrees more. I know that there is no solution how to add these degrees currently, but maybe they will appear in future.

2) Air friction value should be different for different classes of ranged. Bolts should have the least air friction (for example index 1.00), arrows should have a little bit bigger friction than bolts (i.e. 1.25) and throwing weapons should have the biggest air friction among both previous projectiles (i.e. 2.0).

3) Slot system should be fixed. Nowadays it causes a lot of problems, especially with ranged weapons. First of all, instant reloading bug is still possible to do. Second thing is that ammo often disappears when you try to pick something.

4) Armour penetration factor should be different for bows and crossbows. Obviously, bows should have a lesser factor. Not to make it a massive nerf they might have a slight damage bonus.

5) Something should be done with polearms. Nowadays they're the most bugged weapons.
a) Polestun should be removed or the speed of polearms should be nerfed somehow.
b) The animation speed of the thrust is way too fast.
c) Some long weapons should be unbalanced or speed should be nerfed
d) Long spears/pikes and other poking polearms still have ridiculous thrusts. Maybe the rotation speed with the pressed attack button should be defined by the weapon's attack speed.
e) Most of polearms are still way too powerful (like Bec de Corbin)

6) Crossbows should be rebalanced.
a) The missile speed of all crossbows except Arbalest should be buffed
b) Arbalest needs +1 accuracy. Nowadays it has the same accuracy as a Heavy Crossbow (due to damage dissynchronization. 4 points of damage are equal of -1 accuracy)
c) Make 2slot crossbows a bit more expensive (like +500 of gold)
d) Nerf the damage of Heavy Crossbow slightly (like -2 of damage)
e) Make it impossible to use crossbows (except Hunting Crossbow) without wpf
f) 1 slot and 2 slot crossbows should have different animations (light crossbows should be reloaded in the same way like on horseback and different animations will fix a delay bug: it takes way too much time to start shooting)
g) Arbalest and Heavy Crossbow should have different models

7) Make a "Drop all ammo" button or "Drop all equipment". This will fix an issue of using a ladder and having a slot occupied by invisible ladder which you can't drop/use.

8) Add some penalties for TeamKills like it was before (i.e. to pay upkeep of some items of the one you've killed)

9) Add weight penalties for Riding and Shield skills so heavy armoured persons would feel the difference. And maybe you should reduce the requirements for all shields/horses by one so this will give an opportunity for peasants to use better shields with shitty gear and to give light armoured persons some advantages.

10) Fix the shield skill. Shield skill should not define the armour points of the shield, only hitpoints. It should not give such big bonuses to the bearer of the shield, make it different from the current system so the stats of the shield should change something and people would be able to choose the best shield to be the most effective in different situations. Fix the forcefield and remove the arrows/bolts getting stuck in steel shields.

11) Fix the animation of onehanded weapons. First of all, the left swing is made in a such way that you don't have to aim for the head to actually hit the head. The left attack is more like an overhead. Second, onehanded animation on horseback should be changed as well (especially the thrust, which is ridiculously fast)

12) Curved weapons have an illusion of phantom reach due to warband mechanics, because it's impossible to give curved hitboxes to the weapon. Maybe it's possible to move a model of the weapon a little bit further (using like 10% angle so it wouldn't make an impression of phantom reach)

13) Pressing an attack button should actually slow down you more than it is now (especially horsemen and archers). This will help to fix the problem with unrealistic horsemen riding without hands and archers with big bows being able to kite like that. But in over all it won't nerf any one, will make it just a bit more smart.

14) 0 damaging arrows/hits should not interrupt you.

// Discuss

« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 11:09:12 am by DaveUKR »

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Things to be changed in cRPG
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 04:35:07 pm »
Will add some points about the weather as well, totally forgot about that.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 04:39:04 pm »
+3
+remove ladders from battle.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 04:41:05 pm »
+remove ladders from battle.

Will add something about ladders as well. They don't need to be removed but fixed obviously

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2011, 04:48:51 pm »
+2
They do need to be removed from battle mode.
Don't waste your time thinking about 'fixing' it, that's the easiest and simplest way to deal with the issue.

End of story.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Rhygar666

• Count
  • Renown: 230
  • Infamy: 107
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • möp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Rhygay666_HRE
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2011, 04:49:33 pm »
+1

4) penetration

pentration hrhrhr visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Fasader

• Vain onion-eyed pigeon egg
  • Count
  • Renown: 268
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • Item unbalancer
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fasader, Mlatimir, Fasadripac, Modnar
  • IRC nick: Fasader
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2011, 04:53:43 pm »
you forgot to mention that backpedaling is too fast.
21:33:22 BaldRider: Poem submission: okiN is fat, chadz is blue, Fasader is pretty sexy, but not you.

https://soundcloud.com/shitfactory/father-and-panos

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2011, 05:11:33 pm »
+1
class of OP: arbalest/2h

the lancer thingy leaves me puzzled though? his alt? or just a diversion?

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2011, 05:32:12 pm »
Very good points overall. Don't make chambering an attack decrease your movement speed any futher, atleast not on foot.

Offline Dalhi

• Earl
  • Renown: 415
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dalhi
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2011, 05:37:16 pm »
3) Slot system should be fixed. Nowadays it causes a lot of problems, especially with ranged weapons. First of all, instant reloading bug is still possible to do. Second thing is that ammo often disappears when you try to pick something.
Agree it's pretty fucked up now.

5) Something should be done with polearms. Nowadays they're the most bugged weapons.
a) Polestun should be removed or the speed of polearms should be nerfed somehow.
b) The animation speed of the thrust is way too fast.
c) Some long weapons should be unbalanced or speed should be nerfed
d) Long spears/pikes and other poking polearms still have ridiculous thrusts. Maybe the rotation speed with the pressed attack button should be defined by the weapon's attack speed.
e) Most of polearms are still way too powerful (like Bec de Corbin)

Insta stab is even more gay than my whole clan  :lol: I wouldn't mind fixing a bit pole stun and making it shorter, even slight change would be appreciated.

8) Add some penalties for TeamKills like it was before (i.e. to pay upkeep of some items of the one you've killed)
Teamkills happens, 50% of them is victim foult, so no I can't agree with it.

9) Add weight penalties for Riding and Shield skills so heavy armoured persons would feel the difference. And maybe you should reduce the requirements for all shields/horses by one so this will give an opportunity for peasants to use better shields with shitty gear and to give light armoured persons some advantages.

Heavy armored cav should get some speed penalty, but I don't get what are you talking about with shield skill, shield slowes you down, holding it up does affect your movement , there are shield that requires 3 shield skill and they are pretty good, like kite shield, brown lion and board shield.

10) Fix the shield skill. Shield skill should not define the armour points of the shield, only hitpoints. It should not give such big bonuses to the bearer of the shield, make it different from the current system so the stats of the shield should change something and people would be able to choose the best shield to be the most effective in different situations. Fix the forcefield and remove the arrows/bolts getting stuck in steel shields.

Shield skill reduces damage to shields by 8% per level, it doesn't affect its armour. What do you mean by arrows/bolts getting stuck in steel shield, I can't recall if I ever used any of whose so I wouldn't mind small explanation, well bucklers do have extraordinary big forcield compared to their size, if that's your point.

11) Fix the animation of onehanded weapons. First of all, the left swing is made in a such way that you don't have to aim for the head to actually hit the head. The left attack is more like an overhead. Second, onehanded animation on horseback should be changed as well (especially the thrust, which is ridiculously fast)

If something has to be changed with animations it would be 2h animations, they are fucked up and way to exploitable. Most of left swings from one handets does hit your opponents head, but it's pretty short.

12) Curved weapons have an illusion of phantom reach due to warband mechanics, because it's impossible to give curved hitboxes to the weapon.

That would finally end all the whining, but I guess it would be easier to fix models of whose weapons, keeping the illusion of its curved nature but making it straight from its hilt to tip, for example like niuweidao.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 05:38:21 pm by Dalhi »

Offline T_Grellenort

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 31
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Teutonic Order/ Union
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2011, 06:19:08 am »
How? Two-Handed Swords for crossbowmen?  :)

I think the slot system is good.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2011, 06:44:39 am »
+1
this is a bug forum and less than half the stuff you posted are bugs.  take your complains & suggestions to the proper forum

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2011, 11:10:03 am »
still actual! Added some more.

Offline Sojetsu

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: -
  • Game nicks: Fogged
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2011, 11:21:02 am »
add

remove xbows reloading while moving
attack\throw while jump
reduce moving speed (- 3 athletic for example, cannot be lower then 0)  if you have any wpf in xbow\archery
rebalance armours close to "plates"
rebalance arrows (tatars now making more damage to light armours then mw bodkins)
slow moving speed when you moving behind (имеется ввиду когда пятишся, возможно изза моего кривого англиского не правильно обьяснил)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 11:25:20 am by Sojetsu »

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2011, 11:32:18 am »
class of OP: arbalest/2h

the lancer thingy leaves me puzzled though? his alt? or just a diversion?

still actual! Added some more.

True for both :mrgreen:

The stuff that not actually nerfs everything but the classes you play i agree with like curved weapons but there is no real solution for that.