Author Topic: Strat - 6 Week mark  (Read 4392 times)

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
Re: Strat - 6 Week mark
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2011, 02:34:40 pm »
+1
A lot of people have just gotten bored with it. Rosters are pretty empty for battles and clan members just can't be bothered. Ironically chadz wanted to make strat more interesting for individuals. The opposite seems to have occurred due to the incredibly boring nature of most battles and fights so no one can be arsed with it except for the clan leaders just keeping things churning. There are to many bugs to make it fun and equipment is far to expensive resulting in way to many peasant armies.

So far it seems like strat 3.0 is a bit of a fail and far less interesting than last strat. 6 weeks in and pretty much bugger all has really happened.

I know GK are verging on just packing it in and becoming bandits due to the fact that even crap horses are pretty much impossible to get due to the cost, and even when you use them in battle, you lose them regardless due to that bug.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 02:36:47 pm by Overdriven »

Offline Tot.

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2011, 02:46:38 pm »
+1
Boring. For multiple reasons.

1. Still not much to do even as fief owner, except micro-ing people in the village. And it's just those few percent of people who have villages. 
2. Small battles = cba to reorganize my day schedule to be there to fight for 10 minutes.
3. Lack of patches and changes for cRPG. Dont bother saying that removing some armor (and 20 pages of discussion about it, lol) is a change that requires so much time that we cant have important things finally fixed. And I dont even remember when was the last time new maps were added to siege.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 02:51:39 pm by Tot. »
Mods compatible with cRPG. New crosshairs, textures, sounds, yay.

Offline Dalhi

• Earl
  • Renown: 415
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dalhi
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2011, 02:47:36 pm »
Did you mean this as a pro or a con?  Personally, I like it.  Clans that put in more effort get more benefit -- the way it should be.  Clans who sit in town crafting and selling are weak, and will be turned into vassals and slaves once the fighting starts.

I like it too, mostly becouse at this point it keeps strategus alive  :lol:

Nothing "lucky" about Strategus.  If your enemies have prime real estate that they're making a lot of money on, that should be where you attack.

By "lucky" I mean position of your fiefs on the map, most of the clans didn't changed their claims, so they had no idea how it will affect them in this strategus. As most of you already know, it does matter in trading, I'm talking about faraway goods bonus, movement speed connected with geographical map etc. Nothing that you can't deal with, but it can give huge advantage over the others.

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2011, 02:54:37 pm »
+1
Skyrim dead - mod alive  :shock:
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Slamz
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2011, 03:34:46 pm »
+1
2. Small battles = cba to reorganize my day schedule to be there to fight for 10 minutes.

To a large extent this is another "their own fault" problem.

Currently everyone is running around with size 49 armies but there's not a good reason for it, really.  As I have been pointing out, you SHOULD be making a minimum of about 600 gold per day per person with just the shortest caravan run from a low-cost fief to a high-cost fief.

A size 250 army will cost 408 gold per day for upkeep.  So basically you could run around with a 250-troop raiding army and the cost of upkeep could be paid for by 1 clan member working part time.

Alternatively you could have several size 49 groups working together, pay no upkeep and attack with a force as long as you want -- it will just take a little more coordination.

I agree that 49 vs 49 battles are kind of a waste of time though.  I would not be sad to see chadz change the formulas like:
* Double the amount of troops we can carry for no upkeep.
* Halve the cost of upkeep
* Halve the cost of all equipment

That would help ensure that every battle has enough tickets to make it worth scheduling it.
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2011, 05:39:49 pm »
The formulas are fine.  Its the equipment bug that is killing things.

Right now the game is all about numbers.  Everybody equips as many peasants as they possibly can and usually whoever has the most peasants wins.

Fix it so that you don't lose equipment you are wearing at the end of the battle and we will see smaller forces of heavily armed troops carve up even substantially larger lightly armed caravans.  Personally I would also like to see the winner recover around 10% - 20% of the equipment lost in a battle as well, with the option to drop whatever you don't want.  Not everything is going to be unusable just because someone died in it and this way bandits will be able to maximize their gear after every fight, discarding the lower value equipment.

On top of this I would like to see every troop able to carry 1 item of goods each without it being in a crate (just like weapons).  So each troop can carry armour, 2 weapons and 1 item of goods.  This will enable better hit and run tactics with excess goods being dropped in favour of smaller but safer profits.  This will require the ability to drop a certain number of goods instead of just all of them

Next, there needs to be a "no quarter" button for every character.  If this button is ticked then it forces a battle no matter what, however the default setting for this will be to have the button unticked in which case the defender will be able to simply surrender instead of fighting the battle.  If the defender chooses to use this option, then the battle will be removed from the main battle list and the defender will give 50% of whatever they are carrying (inc gold but not icluding troops) to the attacker, before being randomly transported as normal across the map.  Both the defender and attacker will not be able to move again until the schedueled battle time however to avoid exploits.  Doing this should cut out a few of the more pointless fights we are seeing.  If you choose to fight and lose then you should lose everything which will encourage people to go for the surrender if offered.

Finally, gold and xp for mercs really does need fixing :D
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 05:42:32 pm by Tomas »

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2011, 06:45:33 pm »
+1
So let me try and wrap my head around some of these complaints.

You're saying there's major game breaking glitches and bugs that have yet to be addressed (let alone fixed)?  Color me shocked.

C-RPG and Strat have so much potential if you stop breaking shit that works, and address concerns (and maybe try to fix them once in a while). 

I'm curious how your average c-rpg person even would become aware of strategus?  is it only word of mouth or visiting these forums?  cuz i'm pretty sure that 90% of people who play any given game, don't visit the forums related to the game.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 06:46:56 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Slamz
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2011, 06:50:45 pm »
+1
^ very true

Why is there no "Strategus" link in c-rpg.net?

It should be a giant button.
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2011, 07:31:03 pm »
I guess there is no big button because it's a beta, no need to have lot of players, only the one that write on this forum and makes bug report are interesting in a beta.
And i guess the only interest in this version of strat for chadz is to test things, not to have a fully operative game, no just test things.
Wait for next version...

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2011, 07:55:30 pm »
I guess there is no big button because it's a beta, no need to have lot of players, only the one that write on this forum and makes bug report are interesting in a beta.
And i guess the only interest in this version of strat for chadz is to test things, not to have a fully operative game, no just test things.
Wait for next version...

I thought that was strat 2.0 that was beta and for testing, this is still a beta test for 3.0?  I thought it was production.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2011, 08:19:24 pm »
I thought that was strat 2.0 that was beta and for testing, this is still a beta test for 3.0?  I thought it was production.

Well considering there was a debate whether or not to even open strat 3.0 before most of the changes were implemented and finalised, I'd say this is very much still a beta for testing.

Offline Warcat

• Earl
  • Renown: 396
  • Infamy: 40
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Warcat_ Village_Elder Merchant_of_Tulga Tavern_Keeper Guild_Master Ramun_The_Slave_Trader
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2011, 08:31:57 pm »
+1
Personally I don't think that the new system of determining the server has been good at all. We're still got all the odd battle times and people fighting on servers with bad ping, but the overall conflicts aren't as good. Only big conflict is an NA/EU group slowly clearing an NA group from their lands.
In memory of Fallen_Warcat_, member of Fallen Brigade, ruler of Zagush
Tavern_Keeper #1 NA shielder
Strategus City Improvement Project

Offline Glaurung

• Knight
  • Renown: 49
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Glaurung, Fallen_Gnome, Fallen_Bernard_le_renard
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2011, 10:06:05 pm »
If it's boring it's cause of you guys, you chose to do nothing. Attack your neighbor and you'll see it can be pretty fun... Maybe you are waiting for chadz to implement the dragons so you can have something to fight? :P

Offline Warcat

• Earl
  • Renown: 396
  • Infamy: 40
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Warcat_ Village_Elder Merchant_of_Tulga Tavern_Keeper Guild_Master Ramun_The_Slave_Trader
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2011, 11:01:58 pm »
But in cRPG there is no good way to yell at them tell they die. I suppose whistling might work?
In memory of Fallen_Warcat_, member of Fallen Brigade, ruler of Zagush
Tavern_Keeper #1 NA shielder
Strategus City Improvement Project

Offline Beans

• Knight
  • Renown: 49
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: USA
  • Game nicks: USA_MEATMERCHANT_AMERICA
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2011, 11:28:06 pm »
It has been boring as fuck and basically horrible all around.

I'm not talking about slow speed of travel on the map, that is actually great. But the length of time it takes to build up forces is horribly slow now.