Author Topic: how u no rage  (Read 4331 times)

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
Re: how u no rage
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2011, 09:41:33 pm »
Go pure strength, tin can it with a long hafted blade, glaive, awlpike, or othe rlong weapon that has broken animation with only 4 frames or less and spam left mouse button like hell.  Guaranteed will top the charts regularly.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2011, 09:43:28 pm »
And you didn't play last year, was much harder for noobs...

Actually, when I started playing cRPG (I think retirement just was implemented but I'm not sure), the game felt pretty okay. I was doing ok in Native (sometimes first of the 22nd "noob" siege server, at that time it was totally dominated by OP 2handers and I was part of the LWA abusers). Sure when I was level 1 I had an hard time killing anything, but that was fun nonetheless. I accepted my peasant status. When you are hungry, food tastes better. So does the glory when you are a peasant scum. And I think this is a very important step that was removed from the mod in january.

Back then, skill was usually associated to being able to block. And by blocking, I mean blocking a straight attack. Nobody had ever heard about holded swings in a duel, and only the uber players were doing feints (mostly because it was ineffective against the average spammer). Nowadays, blocking is the very least you can expect from a player. Average people do basic footwork, feints, sometimes holds and block better. Good players are awesome blockers, have good footwork, feint swiftly, hold when it is appropriate, know their reach and most of the game's unintuitive "features" (or glitches if you prefer). Elite players always were exceptionnal and still are, but they didn't improved much. At some point, getting better is very slow because you lack opponents and people to emulate.

Btw, that learning curve still makes me laugh x) The only thing that isn't accurate for cRPG is considering riding as a shortcut. Archery also isn't a complete EZ mode, when you don't have the heirlooms.

Offline Lizard_man

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 153
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Lizard_man, Jinmenju
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2011, 09:58:13 pm »
Avoiding rage in c-rpg, i don't think it's possible...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2011, 11:38:05 pm »
I was so happy when I got to Javilin cliff woo hoo I thought, look out the huge flailing mounds noobs at the bottom of this tiny little hill. muhahahahahhahaahha!

"Oh god its that kick slash guy! RUN AWAY RUN AWAY! *release arrows*"
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline hippy_with_a_scimi

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
  • Balbasaur
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Balbaroth since the dawn of times
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2011, 12:33:03 am »
Avoiding rage in c-rpg, i don't think it's possible...

Definately not possible indeed  ,  poor balance system ( + banner madness ) give me so must rage i barely play anymore....

i had my little anti rage haven in Skyrim , but after i saw how ridiculously fast you get into god mode  ( Blacksmithing , Enchanting ) and a ebony OP draining blade , my lvl 25 char is not likeable anymore , i have to start a new char and not use any of the op perks to keep a decent challenge at master :(

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2011, 12:36:21 am »
That is remarkably accurate.

It's missing the part after greener grass where you're good enough to know every broken game mechanics in the game and start hating the game and screaming unbalance because it's bullshit.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2011, 03:28:02 am »
How can you rage at a game and still want to play it...

I have been dissapointed or irritated by something sure... But I almost never pick up a game again once I rage at it...
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline beniliusbob

• Knight
  • Renown: 37
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Valmaximoron, Osgod, Gorlinquist, Sultan_bin_SHIELDWALL, Toltbhrower
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2011, 03:41:33 am »
Solution found: bought German Poleaxe.

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2011, 04:01:04 am »
My happy place is the Haven server. Which reminds me, you jerks need to start populating the Haven server!

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2011, 04:41:35 am »
I would, but haven has no WSE last i checked thus lolstabbing the ground is still possible.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2011, 05:29:49 am »
i had my little anti rage haven in Skyrim , but after i saw how ridiculously fast you get into god mode  ( Blacksmithing , Enchanting ) and a ebony OP draining blade , my lvl 25 char is not likeable anymore , i have to start a new char and not use any of the op perks to keep a decent challenge at master :(

Yeah, that's why once you identify broken exploits in RPG's you just avoid that shit like the plague.  If you've ever played any TES games you knew going into Skyrim that:
1)  Stealth is ez-mode and broken
2)  Archery is ez-mode and broken
3)  Enchanting is ez-mode and broken

4a)  Depending on which game, magic is also ez-mode and broken but mostly because of the ability to create custom spells.  The default spells aren't so bad.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2011, 10:03:15 am »
Btw, that learning curve still makes me laugh x) The only thing that isn't accurate for cRPG is considering riding as a shortcut. Archery also isn't a complete EZ mode, when you don't have the heirlooms.
+1. I welcome every player considering cav as ezi mode to come and try it. Topping the score board with cav is not as easy as you think and there is also maps which are not cav friendly at all. Of course we have some famous dedicated cavalry players (Torben (not playing anymore), Leed, Assarhaddon, TomMyY, Lalien and many more, sorry if I forgot to mention someone who clearly belongs to this list.) who top the board almost every time they are online, but that is because they are so good at it. 2 handers and almost any other pure class can get same kind of stats if they have the same skill level in their own class. I know that this post is going to piss the shit out of some infantry players, but I say come and play cavalry then and be owned by HA's, Archers, xbows, throwers or enemy cav while you try to be on EZI MODE killing poor peasants. Then secondly you must like paying the upkeep while you suck at cav :D.

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2011, 10:13:38 am »
Harvest the rage, kill with it.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2011, 05:28:13 pm »
+1. I welcome every player considering cav as ezi mode to come and try it. Topping the score board with cav is not as easy as you think and there is also maps which are not cav friendly at all. Of course we have some famous dedicated cavalry players (Torben (not playing anymore), Leed, Assarhaddon, TomMyY, Lalien and many more, sorry if I forgot to mention someone who clearly belongs to this list.) who top the board almost every time they are online, but that is because they are so good at it. 2 handers and almost any other pure class can get same kind of stats if they have the same skill level in their own class. I know that this post is going to piss the shit out of some infantry players, but I say come and play cavalry then and be owned by HA's, Archers, xbows, throwers or enemy cav while you try to be on EZI MODE killing poor peasants. Then secondly you must like paying the upkeep while you suck at cav :D.

TBH cav does not take skill to top the score boards anyone who have play cav or used to know this for a fact  :D only sour thing about playing cav is the upkeep...

How to top score board as cav.

1. Dont rush into the battle when it begins like your god this means 100% death most of the time or leaving your horse full of arrows...

2. wait for the battle to commence then get in and vulture kill while everyone is busy fighten

3. avoid HA´s and Roof monkeys

4. Profit
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 05:37:41 pm by Tzar »
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2011, 05:30:32 pm »
I would like to present Tzar, ladies and gentlemen, who half the player base and all of the devs think is crazy.