Poll

What would you like to see to happen with Poophammer?

Admin removed, account deleted, values donated to help poor donkeys
Admin removed
i myself am a greedy bloodsucker and the world can go down in flames

Author Topic: Poophammer & us  (Read 7534 times)

Offline Lansamur

• Count
  • Renown: 232
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lansamur, The_Prisoner,Beer_Storage, Carebear_Ravenei
  • IRC nick: Lansamur
Re: Poophammer & us
« Reply #60 on: November 12, 2011, 08:32:09 am »
+2
Blanket ban NA y/y?

You usually open your mouth - it wouldn't hurt you todo it now.

Any Admin with dubious history of abuse (E.g Nuffen) should have their Adminship removed simple as that.

Shiat, you Byzantitches never know how or when to quit, eh?

Let's face it, nothing's being done about it, POOPHAMMER is not known to give a shit about anything, NA-Admins (except 2-3) don't seem to give a shit in general judging from the general POV several posted here.
[22:17] <@chadz> congratz cmpxchg8b, you managed to put 995 errors into the item sheet!
[22:17] <@cmpxchg8b> epic winning
[22:17] <@cmpxchg8b> beat that Fasader

Offline a_bear_irl

• Duke
  • Renown: 540
  • Infamy: 252
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2011, 08:36:53 am »
poophammer is actually a not-shitty admin ingame but his marketplace behavior is shameful
FREE ALLERS

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #62 on: November 12, 2011, 08:37:29 am »
+2
For the record, Poophammer's admin has been removed.
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2011, 09:04:40 am »
+1
Blanket ban NA y/y?

Bigot EU?  y/y?   :rolleyes:
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #64 on: November 12, 2011, 09:15:13 am »
(click to show/hide)
common sense was a good point mentioned before, i myself just want to see some decency within admins. Someone who is acting as a rolemodel for the community should know and act better. I for myself yes i got irrational at times, for example when i see and feel injustice, there does not need to be a written rule about it, but if you don't feel that there is something wrong with the case i have described and how teh matter was ignored and with the knowledge it was going on and on and on all over again ...

I "scammed" Fallen_Torben same way as poophammer "scammed" that guy and kinn said i would gonna be global banned and all shit, so i gave the item back , i shouln'd give it ;_;.
I never said "you would be globaly banned" but i mentioned to bring a shit storm onto you. I dunno exactly what to say to you Joosto, as you seem still not to get it.

and nothing of value was lost this day
not of value for you

For the record, Poophammer's admin has been removed.
It was several times mentioned that he was a good ingame admin, credit very credit is due, thanks Poophammer for your work you have done. I didn't expect this outcome and i wouldn't have expected this at all in this speed. I just wanted to see some decency in you to return if only part of the value to the player who actually earned it and lost it by foolishness, naivity and carelessness. I still believe admins should act as an example for the community, they surly may make mistakes, but they need to have the courage to make an effort to correct them.
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Wraist

• Knight
  • Renown: 44
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 12, 2011, 09:40:32 am »
+1
In this is so much wrong on so many levels, lets see

1. t's not as if he was scammed
so getting 100k instead of 800-1200k depending on what x3 gear is not scamming, i am not a master in english nor in legal terms, but i am pretty sure most legal systems have a term for a trade, where one party out of lack of knowlege gets unbelievable mindboggling undervalued stuff for something good he gives out of his hands.

The guy put it on the market, presumably without Poophammer telling him that it cost 100k, so it would be more akin to a store selling a television at $100 because their sign said that, despite the missing 0 being a typo. They would legally be required to sell the item at that price, until the sign is removed.

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #66 on: November 12, 2011, 09:53:38 am »
+7
Well what can I say. This was just pretty much a public lynching, I was afk the whole time this happened and I relogged with a PM from Shik saying my admin was removed and I really had no idea what went down until a few hours later I found this topic.

I did enjoy admining and I thought I was doing a fairly good job, but hey I guess something I did a month ago came to bite back for some reason (no idea why something was not said then), but oh well, shit happens, I will still play, still open for doing the job again if the chance ever happens again (probably wont but oh well).

See you guys on NA, try not to get a lance to the face ;)
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 12, 2011, 10:38:26 am »
+1
Well what can I say. This was just pretty much a public lynching, I was afk the whole time this happened and I relogged with a PM from Shik saying my admin was removed and I really had no idea what went down until a few hours later I found this topic.

I did enjoy admining and I thought I was doing a fairly good job, but hey I guess something I did a month ago came to bite back for some reason (no idea why something was not said then), but oh well, shit happens, I will still play, still open for doing the job again if the chance ever happens again (probably wont but oh well).

See you guys on NA, try not to get a lance to the face ;)

There we go.

Was Poophammer a shark on the marketplace ? Certainly. A bad admin ? I don't think so. He doesn't even make any drama post like Nuffen did.

I've never seen any admin loosing his admin rights because of being a dick ingame, like roofcamping, kiting, hiding in hays and shooting, delaying, killwhoring, glitching or whatever. Apparently, the market is the only place where people actually shouldn't be asshats. Doing so ingame is totally allowed and doesn't give a bad image to the mod. :rolleyes:

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #68 on: November 12, 2011, 10:40:47 am »
+1
Poophammer seemed to be a good admin, based on several things he's done. To be honest, I doubt this will make the NA servers any better, rather quite the opposite.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Bothersome_Aldryk

• Baron
  • Renown: 124
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 12, 2011, 11:17:14 am »
Poophammer is honestly a really nice guy when internet money isn't involved. Although, he is a soundboard and as such this may have been for the best.

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #70 on: November 12, 2011, 11:48:39 am »
Three down, one to go :mrgreen:

Offline Mtemtko

• Count
  • Renown: 168
  • Infamy: 46
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Merc_Mtemtko
  • IRC nick: Mtemtko
« Reply #71 on: November 12, 2011, 11:55:25 am »
Finally shit was done.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline M_Pully

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Pully, Eugh, Polly, Dabbling_Miner
« Reply #72 on: November 12, 2011, 11:56:48 am »
Thats a horrible thing for wintersturm to find out selling his nodachi.. it would be respectable for poop to give a little compensation, as rightly said its time and enjoyment gone into the game taken (which translated to crg gold to play with..)

...Was Poophammer a shark on the marketplace ? Certainly....
i concur, i've used the martketplace a few times, i was looking to buy another loom point and found rloveution(edit) offering his for a starting bid of 440k. so i post 450k, and then about half an hour later its magically sold to poophammer for 455k :-s, i cry No Fair!
http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,19923.msg283805.html#msg283805

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #73 on: November 12, 2011, 12:02:24 pm »
So the best way to scam people, is to wait for being an admin, then scam, then just get the admin "power" removed, and done ?

Well, i nearly never go on Na servers, so to be honest, i don't know at all how Poop is. But he sure didn't act as an admin on the forums, and in the marketplace. It's good to know that "decendy" is also a criteria to keep one's admin's right.

A shame NA lost his admin's right. But if this (remove admin right) was the only solution they got for Poop (victims not compensated), then i presume in 6 months Poop will have his admin rights back (he's active and fair ingame, or so i've heard) and it wouldn't have changed a thing.

I hate scammers.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #74 on: November 12, 2011, 12:07:18 pm »
+1
While it was decided that such behavior was not befitting of an admin, it was also agreed upon that no rules were explicitly violated. It may not be the outcome some wanted, but it is the decision that was reached. I think it best if the parties involved contact the dev team via IRC if they feel inappropriate action was taken. For now, it's best if this thread was locked.
This community hurts my brains, a lot.