Author Topic: NA Server Crisis  (Read 23224 times)

Offline Rjarek

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • LLJK_Rjarek
    • View Profile
Re: NA Server Crisis
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2011, 12:31:24 am »
lolno
Nice goon propaganda though.  Goons cheat, they lie, they steal, they grief, they troll, they hack, they lolz at it all while doing it.  :)  I was allied with them after all and was privy to more than a fair share of their vent conversations and trolololo'ing about their shenanigens.  As people, they're funny and some are pretty cool to hang out with.  But trust them? With anything?  Especially a server?  FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK NO.

And I'm sure you have proof of all of this?  :rolleyes:

I respect you as a mod, but I'd hope to find a little more impartiality from someone entrusted with admin privileges.

Goons simply have too large of a track record hosting private servers honestly for someone to claim otherwise.

goons grief people, and they troll people.  they're kinda famous for it. you are a victim of such a thing right now i think

Griefing, trolling, and harassment are worlds different than hacking and cheating. Just the same as harassing and taunting are different than racism and sexism; another distinguishable difference that seems to elude some people.

Offline Kung Fu Jesus

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2011, 12:41:05 am »
lolno
Nice goon propaganda though.  Goons cheat, they lie, they steal, they grief, they troll, they hack, they lolz at it all while doing it.  :)  I was allied with them after all and was privy to more than a fair share of their vent conversations and trolololo'ing about their shenanigens.  As people, they're funny and some are pretty cool to hang out with.  But trust them? With anything?  Especially a server?  FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK NO.

You realize there are thousands of goons across many games, right? There are always a few retards. We don't discriminate against the mentally challenged when joining one of our clans. You make such a blanket statement, shows a bit of ignorance. You have your server, no need to go on any others that may be created, whether its goons, fallen, or some other group. I just want a server on the west coast, for gods sake. At least one thing I know about a goon server, you can say what you want without fear of admins getting their panties in a wad.
"My belt holds up my pants and my pants have belt loops that hold up the belt. What the fuckĀ’'s really going on down there? Who is the real hero?" - Mitch

Offline Ashrik

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LOTS AND LOTS OF JOLLY KNIGHTS LOTS AND LOTS OF JO
  • Game nicks: LLJK_Ashraa
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2011, 12:45:04 am »
It's a weird opinion to have when you're a server operator with (at least) 1 goon admin. It's almost as if you already understand that they're not some monolithic block that formed under the banner of griefing, etc. but instead an anyone-can-join group of people who just post on the same forum as 140,000 other people.  They're not the people who played EVE, AoC, or even Pirates of the Blazing Sea.

**propaganda logic alert**
I am Uhtred_III_of_Bebbanbawler.

I answer to no man.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2011, 12:47:57 am »
lol

Again, the defense of the goons (as has been brought up EVERY TIME) "We have soooooooo many members you can't assume we're all like that" is the same as someone in the KKK saying "Well we're not ALL racist....".  Like I said, as people Goons can be cool to chat with, troll with and hang out with.  One of my RL friends back in the day was a goon.... I still never would trust him with anything serious and for sure never with my puter, that'd just be stupid beyond words.  Kicking it with, sure.  Trusting them?  LOLNO.   :wink:

It's a weird opinion to have when you're a server operator with (at least) 1 goon admin. It's almost as if you already understand that they're not some monolithic block that formed under the banner of griefing, etc. but instead an anyone-can-join group of people who just post on the same forum as 140,000 other people.  They're not the people who played EVE, AoC, or even Pirates of the Blazing Sea.

**propaganda logic alert**

I was, and still am, against the idea of having a goon be a server admin on our server, as I told them in person when they were brought into vent.  My objection was noted, and summarily dismissed and that was that.  It's not like I'm gonna throw down and ultimatum or a fit about it.  Simply said I thought it was rather dumb, and left it at that.  Gaga understood where I was coming from and we had no harsh words or anything as I didn't have anything against him as an individual, simply a distrust of the organization he is in.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 12:51:14 am by Gorath »
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Food

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: FOOD, AnimeGirl, BONK_BRO, Spam_More
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2011, 12:54:09 am »
'not everyone who wears a fedora has a neckbeard'
Circlejerk (cool people): Literally_clan, Miley, Allers, Xenith_BRD, all_PIRATE_BROs, anyone with BRO in their name really, the Judges, HoboGhost_ATS, Wiegraf_BRD, like two LLJK maybe

Offline Elijah

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lots and Lots of Jolly Knights
  • Game nicks: LLJK_Elijah
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2011, 12:55:36 am »
lol

Again, the defense of the goons (as has been brought up EVERY TIME) "We have soooooooo many members you can't assume we're all like that" is the same as someone in the KKK saying "Well we're not ALL racist....".

Oh My Dear Jesus
Quote from: Gorath
Again, the defense of the goons (as has been brought up EVERY TIME) "We have soooooooo many members you can't assume we're all like that" is the same as someone in the KKK saying "Well we're not ALL racist....".

Offline LLJK_Fellblade

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
  • Voted best LARPer Calgary 2010
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: LLJK_Fellblade
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2011, 12:55:53 am »
lol

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ashrik

• Peasant
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LOTS AND LOTS OF JOLLY KNIGHTS LOTS AND LOTS OF JO
  • Game nicks: LLJK_Ashraa
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2011, 12:57:14 am »
What's with the opposition to letting goons spend their own money for their own server? It seems as if someone was really as nearly-ambivalent and evenhanded towards the subject as you claim to be, the response would have been "let them do whatever they want with their own servers". Instead it's LOLNO
I am Uhtred_III_of_Bebbanbawler.

I answer to no man.

Offline Rjarek

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
  • LLJK_Rjarek
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2011, 01:08:46 am »
What's with the opposition to letting goons spend their own money for their own server? It seems as if someone was really as nearly-ambivalent and evenhanded towards the subject as you claim to be, the response would have been "let them do whatever they want with their own servers". Instead it's LOLNO

Exactly. It's not like we wouldn't be watched like a hawk, anyways.

The real reason is because the fallout from a well-ran GoonKKK server would cause much weeping and gnashing of teeth.

I ran one of the most densely populated UO freeshards without issue for 2 years. There are those of us willing and capable.

The real focus needs to be the growth of the community and mod. Anything less would be intellectually dishonest.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 01:10:47 am by Rjarek »

Offline tankmen

• Knight
  • Renown: 65
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2011, 01:10:41 am »
idc who hosts another server, i just hope its west coast :D
The purpose of wearing plate has become nothing more than crippling yourself to look like a knight... or maybe its my lack of athletics

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2011, 01:27:06 am »
'not everyone who wears a fedora has a neckbeard'
Lies.  They do.   :D
*Though that would mean my face from nose to jaw is what, an inch and a half, given the reference photo.   I'll have to call guiness cause I'm sure that's some kind of record. :wink:*
Exactly. It's not like we wouldn't be watched like a hawk, anyways.

The real reason is because the fallout from a well-ran GoonKKK server would cause much weeping and gnashing of teeth.

I ran one of the most densely populated UO freeshards without issue for 2 years. There are those of us willing and capable.

The real focus needs to be the growth of the community and mod. Anything less would be intellectually dishonest.
Oh you.  You guys really are quite quick with your propaganda, and I applaud you for it as I did in Darkfall, AoC and Eve.  (Eve I just applauded from the side, that game was like spreadsheet online and couldn't stand to play it.  AoC I had many lolz at your antics, especially when you guys hacked the servers, as you did in 2nd life as well.)
lol, there's no "opposition".  I don't make any decisions about that shit.  Simply a concerned individual that would prefer not to put server control and power in the hands of an internet group who's entire history has been about hacking servers, griefing, harrassment, internet attacks, 1-upmanship vulgarity/racism/immature obscenity contests and such. 
"Those who choose to ignore history, are doomed to repeat it" and so on.   :D

Offline Food

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: FOOD, AnimeGirl, BONK_BRO, Spam_More
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2011, 01:30:38 am »
Lies.  They do.   :D
Every goon has a neckbeard, every neckbeard is infact a goon.

You are a goon. kill yourself  :twisted:
Circlejerk (cool people): Literally_clan, Miley, Allers, Xenith_BRD, all_PIRATE_BROs, anyone with BRO in their name really, the Judges, HoboGhost_ATS, Wiegraf_BRD, like two LLJK maybe

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2011, 01:46:44 am »
Every goon has a neckbeard, every neckbeard is infact a goon.

You are a goon. kill yourself  :twisted:

ZOMG, MAI SEKRIT IZ OWT!

Offline LLJK_Fellblade

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
  • Voted best LARPer Calgary 2010
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: LLJK_Fellblade
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2011, 01:48:43 am »

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2011, 02:03:10 am »

Ohhhh, pretty