Author Topic: Blatant rage about 2h facehugging uber power  (Read 10326 times)

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Blatant rage about 2h facehugging uber power
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2011, 07:59:11 pm »
+1
I just don't get the QQ.

Hiltslash CAN be countered; with proper footwork it's nothing more than something that gives you an opportunity for a free hit.

If you're not comfortable with the techniques for countering it properly, then just blocking twice often throws off the 2h.
Is this a copypasta from some other thread. I could swear I've read this post earlier.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2011, 08:06:29 pm »
Dear Devs:
Going through the duel server for the last 45 minutes, granted vs a skilled player (even if he is a bundle of sticks :P), and having my 1her (no shield, those are for my old friends) pretty much negated by facehugging hiltslash/derpstab bullshit from light saber two handers has given me recourse to plead this singular case with you as best I can.

FIX TEH RETARTED DERPHANDERS (2H) LIGHTSABER HILTSLASHING AND 1HANDERS UBER GLANCING AT CLOSE RANGE.  PLEASE.  THE ILLOGICAL IDEA OF THE SHORTER WEAPON BEING WORSE AT CLOSE RANGE THAN THE ZOMG ANIME 2H PEW PEW DERP FUCK SWORDS, WHICH GET BETTER PRACTICALLY, MAKES BABY RAPTOR JESUS WEEP TEARS OF ANGUISH.  AND YES I ABUSED THE HOLY BEJEEZUSHIT OUT OF THIS FACT MYSELF EVERY TIME I'VE GONE DERPHANDER FOR A GEN, WHICH WAS ALL OF THIS LAST GEN BEFORE RESPECC'ING THIS MORNING.  I KNOW I'M A HYPOCRITE FOR ABUSING SOMETHING I COMPLAIN ABOUT BUT FUCK MAN, WHY WOULDN'T YOU ABUSE IT IF IT'S THERE?

That is all.  Thank you for your time.
Thank you for bringing this up. Let's hope they do something with it.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline BlackMilk

• Polearm Lover
  • Earl
  • Renown: 370
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: el_Banduri
« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2011, 08:15:45 pm »
Too much agility. Decrease the damage to force more str and/or increase the weight. Maybe that way 2h won't be like soap anymore. I'm fine with the swing speed but the ability to accelerate and change direction that fast is retarded. Humans aren't flies. 2h are humans. 2h aren't flies. Yet they are in the game.
Have you ever seen Greifenherz or Tor playing at all? They hiltslash twice as much and fast as.. GTX for instance does. Polearms actually are great for hiltslashing.

Offline CaptainQuantum

• Knight
  • Renown: 44
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The 22nd Battalion
  • Game nicks: Quant, Quantum
« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2011, 09:08:49 pm »
Poles can hiltslash as easily as 2h's now, I have seen a lot of polearm users utilising this technique now. My problem with hiltslashing is thats it's now overused, and is not as easy to counter if you have someone holding their s-key. In my opinion the problem is a persons ability to hold their s-key and spam to beat a player much better than themselves, that is what causes such a large gap between 2h and 1h. There needs to be a mechanic which punishes people who backpedal at all times, but not backpedalling for range control.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #49 on: November 08, 2011, 09:13:32 pm »
They are slow as hell and wiff at a reasonable range.
Mainly i use short swords, so why i can not simply stab them in the face (well i could, but then i have the same stab exploite like 2h and polearms)?

Heh. I play with one-handers once in a blue moon, and I still have no problem with the stab. It's fast and damaging and easy to guide. Also, I've got no problem with bouncing. I just don't see the problem with 1H stabs. :|
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline CaptainQuantum

• Knight
  • Renown: 44
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The 22nd Battalion
  • Game nicks: Quant, Quantum
« Reply #50 on: November 08, 2011, 09:20:07 pm »
I did play 1h + shield recently, it got boring and I respecced to 2h. But even at level 26 I did not have too much of a problem dueling without a shield, of course one thing many 1-handers fail to remember is they have a shield! In duels it may not be worth much but 1h+shield is a team oriented style, it has multiple team roles as opposed to the 2handers who are there for killing only.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 09:56:53 pm by CaptainQuantum »

Offline Vodner

• Duke
  • Renown: 526
  • Infamy: 73
  • cRPG Player
  • SaulCanner
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SaulCanner
« Reply #51 on: November 08, 2011, 11:22:13 pm »
Removing the hiltslash would make combat even more of a dull 'block, attack, block, attack' affair.

Combat should be made faster, harder, and less predictable. This change would make it slower, easier, and even more predictable than it already is.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #52 on: November 08, 2011, 11:25:30 pm »
Removing the hiltslash would make combat even more of a dull 'block, attack, block, attack' affair.

Combat should be made faster, harder, and less predictable. This change would make it slower, easier, and even more predictable than it already is.

Its called teamwork, we know your autoblocking self isnt used to the concept.  Cant block well-timed multiple attacks from different vectors.

Its obvious devs play 2h and dont want to fix a rather large and obvious problem with the game.  Just another reason why new players dont want to join.

Offline Vodner

• Duke
  • Renown: 526
  • Infamy: 73
  • cRPG Player
  • SaulCanner
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SaulCanner
« Reply #53 on: November 08, 2011, 11:33:19 pm »
Its called teamwork, we know your autoblocking self isnt used to the concept.  Cant block well-timed multiple attacks from different vectors.
Killing a single opponent shouldn't require two people. Besides that, teamwork between competent players is already an almost guaranteed win against a single opponent.

Any changes to the game should be focused on making player skill more important, not less.

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #54 on: November 08, 2011, 11:35:35 pm »

Its obvious devs play 2h and dont want to fix a rather large and obvious problem with the game.  Just another reason why new players dont want to join.
You should dismount your armoured 1h horse and show us how 2h is done.
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1324
  • Infamy: 2137
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2011, 12:03:35 am »

cmpx - str polearm spammer and pikeman
paul - spamitar plus shield
meow - str polearm spammer
fasader - xbow
leiknir - 1h cav

only chadz has been seen using morningstar...

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2011, 12:14:30 am »
i've been playing 2h only for some time now apart from strategus.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 294
  • Infamy: 2246
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2011, 12:40:59 am »
Do you have a secret nick? Cause last time I saw 22nd_Paul he was using spamitar...

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2011, 12:44:33 am »

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1400
  • Infamy: 2723
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 09, 2011, 12:48:01 am »
God I'm so dumb, I have no idea what you just wrote there.