28 (15%)
It's balanced now.
73 (39%)
It's a little underbalanced.
62 (33.2%)
It's a complete waste of time.
24 (12.8%)

Total Members Voted: 187

Author Topic: Archery  (Read 11677 times)

Offline 3ABP

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Archery
« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2011, 01:14:36 pm »
... I'd like to see more screenshots of non-lethal headshots.
Just "pick up" any archer (do you have a friend - archer?) and go to EU3 and make as much as screenshots as you want.
              [STR] Strangers Faction
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Loki

• Count
  • Renown: 228
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
  • I don't know karate, but I know crazy.
    • View Profile
    • The Fallen Brigade
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Loki
« Reply #61 on: February 27, 2011, 09:44:50 am »

What I believe is happening is the arrow is going through the head hitbox, not registering, then registering on the body hitbox.  I've noticed sometimes the arrow will pass through the first person entirely and hit the person behind them.

Offline 3ABP

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2011, 12:04:38 pm »
In above case - yes. It (theoreticaly) can be head box missed.
Because usually arrows showing on the head only when you are dead ^)

Now just try to make a headshot (in duel) while both opponents are on one layer (not shoot from top-down and so on).
And you'll see what even ideal horizontal arrow don't kill (depends of course... but I several times survived after 2 arrows in the head).

P.s. not from hunting bow.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 12:19:33 pm by 3ABP »
              [STR] Strangers Faction

Offline Fraemi

• Knight
  • Renown: 32
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Redgrave
« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2011, 12:08:49 pm »
In above case - yes. It (theoreticaly) can be head box missed.
Because usually arrows showing on the head only when you are dead ^)

Now just try to make a headshot (in duel) while both opponents are on one layer (not shoot from top-down and so on).
And you'll see what even ideal horizontal arrow don't kill (depends of course... but I several times survived after 2 arrows in the head).

Google translate or your fifth grade english doesnt quite cut it. Here is a tip for you: Dont formulate sentences in your native language and then translate words.
Stop butchering english.

I voted its a little underbalanced. I play 2h and never carry shields (easier to zigzag and most archers deal about 1/4-1/5th hp damage to me in mid armour and no IF anyhow).
While I really dont want it to be as powerful as in native it could use a slight buff. Also, it seems archery is very reliant on having heirloomed weapons, that shouldnt be the case with any "class" imo.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2011, 05:29:29 pm »
Google translate or your fifth grade english doesnt quite cut it. Here is a tip for you: Dont formulate sentences in your native language and then translate words.
Stop butchering english.

Here is a tip, do not be an arrogant ass on the forums and say things you would not say in real-life to someone's face. If English is not his/her first language then grammatical errors are to be at most pointed out, not attacked outright. Stop butchering manners.

Also if you are going to completely attack someone on how they are speaking, you damn best speak perfect English yourself. The first thing I noticed was that you failed to capitalize English, which is honestly either extremely lazy, or a complete and utter fail on your part for ignoring one of the most fundamental rules of English. Next, why did you say "Dont" instead of "Don't?" If you are using contractions, spell the damn things correctly. The list goes on, like your fascination with comma splices and other elementary mistakes. Good job being an example on how to type English.

Grow up and stop nitpicking someone for how they spell or formulate sentences. I knew what the poster was trying to convey, so I highly doubt you don't. Sorry to see you woke up on the wrong side of the bed, I hope the next day is better for you.

Look at this post for example, littered with many errors, yet still perfectly understandable... Honestly...
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 05:34:47 pm by Tears_of_Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Fraemi

• Knight
  • Renown: 32
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Redgrave
« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2011, 06:45:33 pm »
Here is a tip, do not be an arrogant ass on the forums and say things you would not say in real-life to someone's face. If English is not his/her first language then grammatical errors are to be at most pointed out, not attacked outright. Stop butchering manners.

Also if you are going to completely attack someone on how they are speaking, you damn best speak perfect English yourself. The first thing I noticed was that you failed to capitalize English, which is honestly either extremely lazy, or a complete and utter fail on your part for ignoring one of the most fundamental rules of English. Next, why did you say "Dont" instead of "Don't?" If you are using contractions, spell the damn things correctly. The list goes on, like your fascination with comma splices and other elementary mistakes. Good job being an example on how to type English.

Grow up and stop nitpicking someone for how they spell or formulate sentences. I knew what the poster was trying to convey, so I highly doubt you don't. Sorry to see you woke up on the wrong side of the bed, I hope the next day is better for you.

Look at this post for example, littered with many errors, yet still perfectly understandable... Honestly...

As much as I hate to go on with this mini-drama...

We exchanged pms afterwards and I apologized to him. I hope you find this satisfactionary. I admit I made several mistakes myself, but I simply have had to re-read his posts several times on this forum and I woke up on the wrong side of the bed as well.

Offline Mtemtko

• Count
  • Renown: 168
  • Infamy: 46
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Merc_Mtemtko
  • IRC nick: Mtemtko
« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2011, 07:59:55 pm »
Time to move to topic huh?

The only reason that made me almost quit archery alltogether was the crap damage, i'm not expecting to 2 or 3 shot people, but for example this:
On the map (village by the river or W/E its called) i had these stats: 171WPF,18str/26agi 6PD,,2ath,0ps,8WM and these items: 3.5 weight armor (no head/glove armor), a warbow loomed for the second time and bodkins, what made me rage is... i shoot a ninja in the head.. he survives... a second later i shoot a medium inf in the head (kettle helmet)... he survives..both shots were close-medium range... i mean cmon.. people say aim for the head.. what for? I can live with the crap damage that we make,but atleast make headshots lethal...

Offline UrLukur

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 27, 2011, 08:19:23 pm »
Time to move to topic huh?

The only reason that made me almost quit archery alltogether was the crap damage, i'm not expecting to 2 or 3 shot people, but for example this:
On the map (village by the river or W/E its called) i had these stats: 171WPF,18str/26agi 6PD,,2ath,0ps,8WM and these items: 3.5 weight armor (no head/glove armor), a warbow loomed for the second time and bodkins, what made me rage is... i shoot a ninja in the head.. he survives... a second later i shoot a medium inf in the head (kettle helmet)... he survives..both shots were close-medium range... i mean cmon.. people say aim for the head.. what for? I can live with the crap damage that we make,but atleast make headshots lethal...

Get a grip, what would be point of wearing helmets when mr.nobody with crap bow can one shoot people in the head. It's not CS.
"Clava curva pie vinco"

Offline Mtemtko

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2011, 08:50:58 pm »
Get a grip, what would be point of wearing helmets when mr.nobody with crap bow can one shoot people in the head. It's not CS.

Go troll somewhere else.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #69 on: February 27, 2011, 08:57:46 pm »

He hardly listed nobody stats
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline UrLukur

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 27, 2011, 09:02:04 pm »
Go troll somewhere else.

Actually, you troll. Head hitbox is rough equivalent of rl head, including head protection. Arrow, hitting such head protection, called helmet over mail coif over padding, can fail to penetrate it, change trajectory (ie. deflect) or inflic non fatal wound. Therefore asking for lethal headshots for AGI build is nonsense.
"Clava curva pie vinco"

Offline Mtemtko

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 27, 2011, 09:31:00 pm »
Actually, you troll. Head hitbox is rough equivalent of rl head, including head protection. Arrow, hitting such head protection, called helmet over mail coif over padding, can fail to penetrate it, change trajectory (ie. deflect) or inflic non fatal wound. Therefore asking for lethal headshots for AGI build is nonsense.

What the hell? You are talking about real life in this kind of discussion? In a game that isnt aiming at realism  but balance? Look whos trolling...

Offline UrLukur

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 27, 2011, 09:32:32 pm »
What the hell? You are talking about real life in this kind of discussion? In a game that isnt aiming at realism  but balance? Look whos trolling...

Gamebalance tell us that something that is not too hard to do should not give great reward. Head is big. Archers have many chances to hit it. Helmets cost, lower your running speed, lower your profs. They should give something.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 09:34:51 pm by UrLukur »
"Clava curva pie vinco"

Offline Nihtgenga

• Knight
  • Renown: 77
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fenris
  • Game nicks: Eldest
« Reply #73 on: February 27, 2011, 09:42:39 pm »

What I believe is happening is the arrow is going through the head hitbox, not registering, then registering on the body hitbox.  I've noticed sometimes the arrow will pass through the first person entirely and hit the person behind them.

mh...I have seen this quite often, especially the first two pics.
the person got an arrow in its back or shoulder when he was running/raising his arm or what ever. now like  in the pictures when the arm his hanging loose it looks like the arrow went through the head, which it didnt when it was shot at the person. just an animation inaccuracy.

if you had moved behind the person or he would have raised the arm for an attack its easy to notice.

although the hitboxes are weird sometimes, I can see a projectile flying past my head and the next milisecond it kills me ;-)

Offline Mtemtko

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 27, 2011, 09:44:09 pm »
Gamebalance tell us that something that is not too hard to do should not give great reward. Head is big. Archers have many chances to hit it. Helmets cost, lower your running speed, lower your profs. They should give something.

How many times do you get headshotten? Honestly? Only few people aim at heads and actually do it on purpose and actually hit anything. And im preety sure you arent using helmets only against ranged...*hint* melee *hint*.... about headshot damage... i would understand if the enemy was using a plate helm... but honestly.. a ninja (like 10 armor or less helm?) survives from the best 6PD statwise L31 archer possible? (almost no ath,no PS,etc)..