Author Topic: Greys the only ones bypassing autobalance? Think again! Involves an admin!  (Read 11375 times)

Offline hippy_with_a_scimi

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
  • Balbasaur
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Balbaroth since the dawn of times
Re: Greys the only ones bypassing autobalance? Think again! Involves an admin!
« Reply #60 on: November 03, 2011, 09:28:43 pm »
I am not embarrasing myself in any way, I brought up an issue, and brought proof which an impartial admin suggested was suspicious. If that's all I need to assure that you guys will generally stop circumventing autobalance and give a fairer shot to other players, then that's great. And if some of your members do decide to continue breaking the rules, I will have better screenshots. But I generally think it'll stop for a while.

Idlewild

The real problem is retarded Balance , its the main reason why people try to switch to others teams or quit or stay dead after joined a team if their team is bad or stay spec and wait for other to joins to "choose" their team  etc etc... 

Once a robust balance system is done , theses situations will rarely happen and we wont go witchhunting on big clans because banner balance is FAIL ( cant blame clans on this ) 

Offline Tot.

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 03, 2011, 09:29:31 pm »
Hi.
Mods compatible with cRPG. New crosshairs, textures, sounds, yay.

Offline Veto

• Knight
  • Renown: 32
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • audio game enhancement
  • Faction: Remnant
  • Game nicks: Tawp Shawt/King of Jam City/ Kadillac King
« Reply #62 on: November 03, 2011, 09:35:04 pm »

1: i dont remember you being the fuckin law 'round here brah. so how do you know the rules well enough to say without a doubt that these people were breaking rules?

2: ask a question first... say maybe "hey, how does this balance thing work? to me, it seems stacked and op for a non clan member"

3: i know for a fact dynamike has a job (probably earning more money than you) AND has a hot girlfriend in for realz life

being new in this game is a real bitch, we all agree to that.

BUT

I am not embarrasing myself in any way, I brought up an issue, and brought proof which an impartial admin suggested was suspicious.

your embarrassing yourself by complaining about a system you haven't the slightest understanding of how it works.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ganner

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The other white meat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Ganner_of_Chaos
« Reply #63 on: November 03, 2011, 09:38:18 pm »
So, you admit your ignorance, you prove that you do not understand the system you are claiming we exploit, but instead of apologizing you continue to accuse me and my clan mates of exploiting

Forgive me if i never take anything you ever say seriously.

Offline bigsean

• Knight
  • Renown: 74
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Idlewild, BigSean, Tacabro
« Reply #64 on: November 03, 2011, 09:39:03 pm »
The real problem is retarded Balance , its the main reason why people try to switch to others teams or quit or stay dead after joined a team if their team is bad or stay spec and wait for other to joins to "choose" their team  etc etc... 

Once a robust balance system is done , theses situations will rarely happen and we wont go witchhunting on big clans because banner balance is FAIL ( cant blame clans on this )

I think that people will always find ways to exploit, not really the devs' fault. I mean, its easy to ask for changes but it must be a lot harder to actually find a system that works for everyone. A free mod, much like counter-strike was back in the day, is a really sweet thing to have and hopefully one day it turns big. But for now, its a lot easier to ask that everyone plays by the rules or be reminded to.

Idlewild

Offline Zorato

• Knight
  • Renown: 54
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
  • BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN
    • View Profile
    • BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN
  • Faction: BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN
  • Game nicks: ZORATO_BIRD
  • IRC nick: BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN
« Reply #65 on: November 03, 2011, 09:42:38 pm »
If what Idlewild is trying to prove mistaken, then how exactly does one prove that a clan is abusing banner balance? Screenshots are far from definitive proof, so how exactly does one prove abuse? Is there even a definitive way?
BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN

Offline bigsean

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 03, 2011, 09:43:34 pm »
So, you admit your ignorance, you prove that you do not understand the system you are claiming we exploit, but instead of apologizing you continue to accuse me and my clan mates of exploiting

Forgive me if i never take anything you ever say seriously.

You grasp for straws and don't actually address my rebuttals but continue to attack me. If I stooped to your level i'd say, you'll forgive me if I choose to skip over the shittier admins. You not taking me seriously doesn't really pose a problem since it doesn't seem like you do much as an admin anyways. I think I saw you change the weather once, or change a map.

Idlewild

Offline bigsean

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 03, 2011, 09:47:58 pm »
If what Idlewild is trying to prove mistaken, then how exactly does one prove that a clan is abusing banner balance? Screenshots are far from definitive proof, so how exactly does one prove abuse? Is there even a definitive way?

This is constructive! It seems as if these admins ask for screenshots of the perpetrators in spec, however people can skip over that by leaving the server and coming back, then quickly going to the team they want. If they lose their multiplier I would assume they would most likely do this when they are at 1x. Also, it is very hard to take a screenshot of someone in spec as the hotkey for screenshots is Ctrl+Insert. Doing this while holding tab doesn't work, in my case I had to quickly press the hotkey when I let go of tab. It only worked about half the time. As well, someone who leaves the server and comes back to quickly join another team has a much better chance than a witness trying to get a screenshot that only works half the time, and you have to scroll down each time to check when the server is even moderately full. Try doing that everytime you attempt a screenshot, its really difficult.

Edit: This is why I suspect Ganner and some of his clanmates to be doing this method. It is really sneaky, and is effective as an admin would know game mechanics.

Idlewild
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 09:52:18 pm by Idlewild »

Offline hippy_with_a_scimi

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
  • Balbasaur
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Balbaroth since the dawn of times
« Reply #68 on: November 03, 2011, 09:52:52 pm »
This is constructive! It seems as if these admins ask for screenshots of the perpetrators in spec, however people can skip over that by leaving the server and coming back, then quickly going to the team they want. If they lose their multiplier I would assume they would most likely do this when they are at 1x. Also, it is very hard to take a screenshot of someone in spec as the hotkey for screenshots is Ctrl+Insert. Doing this while holding tab doesn't work, in my case I had to quickly press the hotkey when I let go of tab. It only worked about half the time. As well, someone who leaves the server and comes back to quickly join another team has a much better chance than a witness trying to get a screenshot that only works half the time, and you have to scroll down each time to check when the server is even moderately full. Try doing that everytime you attempt a screenshot, its really difficult.

Idlewild

screenshots dont work well , a fraps video with tab pressed all the time is much better

but lets not go witch hunting on theses guys , Chaos are cocky but they dont cheat the system

In other news , i was wondering why spook was no longer in sieges , hes one heck of a system aboozer  , good thing he got dealt with

Offline bigsean

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 03, 2011, 09:56:07 pm »
screenshots dont work well , a fraps video with tab pressed all the time is much better

but lets not go witch hunting on theses guys , Chaos are cocky but they dont cheat the system

In other news , i was wondering why spook was no longer in sieges , hes one heck of a system aboozer  , good thing he got dealt with

But that would take away from my actual gaming fun!

I agree though, one admin has said it seems suspicious so I think the purpose of this topic has been served.

I was also wondering where spook was!

Idlewild

Offline Ganner

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 138
  • The other white meat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Ganner_of_Chaos
« Reply #70 on: November 03, 2011, 09:59:17 pm »
I have not once quit today at all and come back within minutes.  I stopped playing 3 times today for 3 reasons, 1 to play a different game for a few hours, 1 to log an alt on for a bit, and once to eat lunch.

What you think you see is exploiting is not an exploit but how banner balance works.  As for people leaving the server and instantly coming back that can happen for multiple reasons, people want to reload their gear because they just bought something or the game crashed because they alt tabbed and it just randomly crashed .  That in itself is not suspicious.  However none of the CHAOS members you were claiming did this did it.

You are the one grasping at straws here seeing a conspiracy where there is none.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #71 on: November 03, 2011, 10:02:55 pm »

Fraps the tab scoreboard constantly.

As an admin I have to watch people repeatedly enter spec then exit it to catch them. This is time consuming.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #72 on: November 03, 2011, 10:05:17 pm »
JFC call the doctor for an emergency craniorecto retrieval!
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline ManOfWar

• Count
  • Renown: 243
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No crutches at all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Remnant_ManOfWar (Formerly Takeda)
  • IRC nick: ManOfWar
« Reply #73 on: November 03, 2011, 10:07:43 pm »
+1
I am not reading this entire thread...  Who is winning thus far?
Just a soldier

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #74 on: November 03, 2011, 10:09:27 pm »
i can vouch for most chaos members that i know, theses guys dont need to do that crap

But ill add this :  Banner balance is the purest form of OP evilness  in every possible way , im sick of fighting multiples clans on the same team since BB is retarded enough to put them all on the same side, 

Gdamn it devs !  do something about it , i dont mind fighting clans (added challenge) but not all the freaking time

Find a differant way to balance teams ( BB is not the solution to fair teams and never will ) especially when clan stack lead to disatrous results in terms of troops diversity

pfff... you shouldnt be posting in this thread balb...  :rolleyes: