Author Topic: Unban Request: Spook Island (Retroactive Mod Abuse Ban)  (Read 2603 times)

Offline Oggrinsky

• Knight
  • Renown: 61
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sons of Zardoz
  • Game nicks: Tzadik_Oggrinsky, Ghazi_Suleiman, MissOggynistic
Re: Unban Request: Spook Island (Retroactive Mod Abuse Ban)
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2011, 08:31:54 pm »
Personally, I wouldn't be saddened a bit if this banned became permanent. Spook has always found ways to exploit and has always been an verbally abusive troll. Crpg will be better place without him.

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2011, 08:48:59 pm »
Spook does switch teams, but only on attackers. I don't think he cares about the "banner" but that he switches to attacker because attacker always wins flags on seige

Offline MyBallsYourChin

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2011, 09:57:14 pm »
Spook does switch teams, but only on attackers. I don't think he cares about the "banner" but that he switches to attacker because attacker always wins flags on seige

This is fairly accurate, as I've played an extensive amount on siege until recently.

I'd like to contribute to the "ban spook" bandwagon by posting this image.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/13/2011110300001.jpg/

This was taken during the same map Spook was initially told by Canary that he'd be banned retroactively for avoiding autobalance.  Woltek swung, mind you carelessly, and hit spook by accident.  Spook, without warning, tk'd Woltek.   Spook was banned for two days for this exact incident several weeks ago, as can be seen in this thread:

http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,18984.0.html

I know my evidence isn't necessarily damning, but, I feel confident enough that there were enough people in the server to collaborate my story.

If need be, I can provide another screenshot of Spook spurting racist comments at me.

GG Spook fans.

Offline a_bear_irl

• Duke
  • Renown: 540
  • Infamy: 252
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2011, 10:26:38 pm »
ganner (though he is a shitmin) was online there so obviously that wasn't flagrant enough to warrant anything

and in spook's defense, wojtek is a rage-prone sperglord

like i said before i'm not a huge spookfan but people try to get him banned for frivolous shit so often i'm compelled to defend him

i don't play siege much but i've never seen him cause ingame problems, shitloads of chat trolling but only spergs care about what goes on in chat
FREE ALLERS

Offline Ganner

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 138
  • The other white meat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Ganner_of_Chaos
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2011, 10:35:11 pm »
ganner (though he is a shitmin) was online there so obviously that wasn't flagrant enough to warrant anything

and in spook's defense, wojtek is a rage-prone sperglord

like i said before i'm not a huge spookfan but people try to get him banned for frivolous shit so often i'm compelled to defend him

i don't play siege much but i've never seen him cause ingame problems, shitloads of chat trolling but only spergs care about what goes on in chat

I saw it and would normally have banned spook for it, but i knew he was pending a ban from canary.  The TK was a flagrant revenge tk worthy of at least a 24 hour ban.

Offline Anwyl

• Baron
  • Renown: 144
  • Infamy: 66
  • cRPG Player
  • I liked cool avatars before they went mainstream.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Coy
  • IRC nick: Coy
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2011, 10:35:32 pm »
I think spook gets a lot of hate from the community (most of it warranted). As such I see him undeserving of a perma-ban.

I was not there, but I'm sure Canary acted in the best manner possible to ensure enforcement of rules. Unless he recants his decision he has my support.

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2011, 10:43:14 pm »
I would like to put forth my extensive research in this matter for your consideration, seems relevant considering the clan of the admins in question. Although this may not speak for all of it's members, I feel that this banning should be taken with a grain of salt.

http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,19891.0.html

Idlewild
You do not have to sign every post. Asshole.
And don't put  a link to your puke every where you go.
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline bigsean

• Knight
  • Renown: 74
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Idlewild, BigSean, Tacabro
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2011, 11:14:55 pm »
You do not have to sign every post. Asshole.
And don't put  a link to your puke every where you go.

You mad babby?

Idlewild
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Earth_Geodude_da_Defender, _RageThrower
  • IRC nick: Khalestimo#7613
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2011, 11:38:54 pm »
Guys....please read and follow the rules before posting in a ban/unban thread.

This section is for ban/unban requests, everything else will be considered spam and sanctioned accordingly.
Only posts allowed are on-topic posts by the people asking for a ban/unban, admins and people that can provide relevant information regarding the individual case.

• Do not post here if you don't have something directly case-related to say. No lobbying, general discussion whether a rule is fair, how admin is nub, etc. Take those things elsewhere, keep this area clear.

That means you, Zisa and Idlewild.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2011, 11:47:41 pm »
Burden of proof is on admins/victims and I dont see any logs, witnesses, screenshots or video here.  Lets see some evidence of how long he was in spectator, how many times did he switch sides, etc. 

This is all the more reason why automatic admin scripting is needed, say 15mins max spectating before server automatically drops you.  Leave the human element out of the equation except for when server is filled to the brim and space is needed.  Admins give ample warning then for people to join up or be booted.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2011, 12:15:20 am »
Few question after reading this thread: Why was it retroactive? If it was breaking the rules while administrators were on, why wasn't it punished until later. If he was kicked initially only due to spectator cleansing, why wasn't anyone else kicked/banned retroactively?

Canary is one of the better administrators we have on NA, so ultimately I feel like a post from him might clear up any misunderstandings.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2011, 01:29:26 am »
Hello.

Early this morning it had come to my attention that SpookIsland was going into spectator nearly every round, presumably with intent to bypass the autobalance. At some point I re-reviewed the rules and determined that, why yes, this is a punishable offense. And so, when I told Spook he was going to be banned for this (I used the term "retroactively" because I had to double check and make sure it was actually against the rules) he said that since anyone should do it and that you can change how the autobalance works it should be allowed.

In short, I suspected him of breaking a server rule, witnessed him doing it, told him he was going to be banned for it, and he confessed to having done it. If you read the original post in this thread he practically says that he did it, whatever else he said.

And Spook, maybe I would have given you the benefit of the doubt had you not had a past record of being banned. Even worse, I'd warned you twice to stop being offensive to your teammates in chat, and you kept on doing it, warranting a mute. If I thought that a warning would have accomplished anything with you, I might have been more lenient, but you have repeatedly defied authority and blatantly broken the rules and have subsequently been punished for it.

P.S. for the record, I like SpookIsland. When he's not being ridiculous and offensive, he's a pretty funny guy and a good fighter.

Offline Mechanix

• Baron
  • Renown: 138
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
  • lolwut
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mechanix
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2011, 02:33:08 am »
How long is the ban?
But as the world turned i learned life was hell; livin' in a world no different from a cell - WuTang

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Earth_Geodude_da_Defender, _RageThrower
  • IRC nick: Khalestimo#7613
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2011, 02:38:56 am »
Unban date : 05.11.2011 11:20:16 (total of 2 days)

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2011, 02:45:48 am »
The Spook man has been doing this for the past year that I've been playing cRPG, typically to get onto attacking side, though sometimes defenders, and though I've never reported him or taken a screenshot for it, I've always thought it was a pretty lame move.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.