Author Topic: Unable to Continue for Now  (Read 4848 times)

Offline Brutal

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Pecores_Brutal_le chacal Cold_stone Bazooka
Re: Unable to Continue for Now
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2011, 12:34:11 am »
I agree, imo these problems are the biggest:

1. You hold a correct block, but the enemy weapon ignores it and hits you (not cruhsthorugh, happens with swords and axes and stuff)

2. You press LMB, but it holds the attack instead of releasing and attacking

that is the 2 things that annoy me the most

#2. happen enough for me to notice it, it's annoying.

#1. Happen less often and i can't ever tell if i blocked too late, it's weird. I can see the animation starting to block the correct way but i get hit before it seems to finish.

I've also had some other issue like hitting my opponent through his shield when his facing me and back pedalling without hitting me back, but it happened only once or twice

Offline Everkistus

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No good deed goes unpunished
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Everkistus
  • IRC nick: Everkistus
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2011, 02:02:32 am »
I think that official Eu servers are having some connections issues. Eu 4 and Shogunate_cRPG work fine for me.

Offline crojosip

• Noble
  • Renown: 24
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
  • *insert random quote here*
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Crojo
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2011, 02:08:03 am »
my attack passing right through enemy and not touching him happens sometimes and it is not lagg related or connectivity. On a battle I approached an enemy from behind and sliced clean through him, my weapon did not even touch him, just passed through him like he wasn't there.

I wasn't too far, I was right behind him and I know it is not connectivity because the allies that enemy was going after saw it too. They were as surprised as me. Think one of the allies was Bear.

Offline Elmetiacos

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
  • You've probably teamkilled me
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hot_Chick_with_a_Sword, Dark_Rose_Knight
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2011, 02:48:22 am »
I think that official Eu servers are having some connections issues. Eu 4 and Shogunate_cRPG work fine for me.
I've just been on EU4, with very small numbers of players and it's got all the same problems, it's just that the speed there is so ridiculously fast that you don't spot them as easily.
The word is "anyway" not "anyways". You are not Gabby Hayes.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ganon

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ganon, Linkk
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2011, 04:14:37 am »
I've just been on EU4, with very small numbers of players and it's got all the same problems, it's just that the speed there is so ridiculously fast that you don't spot them as easily.

Yeah i switched to eu4 a few days ago hoping it would not lag, it did lag just like the others.

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • Renown: 424
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Murmillus_Prime
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2011, 11:26:32 am »
Most irritating glitch for me is the ghost blocking... See enemy do overhead swing, quickly do upblock, enemy swings and you're dead. Huh wait didn't I just block that hit? Not according to the person who killed me, but on my screen I had my weapon held high above my head ready to recieve the overhead.

Before these comments come in(they usually do).

I'm not talking about crushthrough weapons, although it happens with barmace alot it's mostly 2h swords that go through my blocks, sometimes side blocks but mostly overhead ones.(Enemies attack does not register your block atall).

Happens in circumstances where the enemy is directly infront of me and not strafing to the side or trying to flank me.

Another issue which is less common.. Sometimes when I ride my horse around and engage in fast paced lance action vs other horses, sometimes it feels like the server can't keep up with my characters movements and sometimes I lose all control of my character and it kind of teleports and stutters for about 5 seconds in which time I could be killed or ride into an enemy zerg and won't be able to do anything about it.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 11:29:44 am by Murmillus_Prime »
Dumbfuck.Fuckwit.Cuntshit.Brickfuck.

Offline La Makina

• Knight
  • Renown: 26
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Dedicated siege tower pusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2011, 11:56:39 am »

I have the same issue (not frequently though). I can even stop touching the mouse and make the character run around, it won't release the attack. This happens to me on Native multiplayers as well. I had reported this on the taleworlds bug forum but no one replied to my my thread:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,148030.msg3563090.html#msg3563090

Like you, I also have the problem of blocking in the correct directions and having the attacker going through anyway. With all the superAGI characters in cRPG, I thought this was due to the comparative slowliness of my character (i.e. they could swing faster than I can prepare the block) but sometimes I really wonder because the blocking seems OK.

I have an issue with the throwing axes too: they seem to hit correctly but just before impact they stop in the air and just disappear.

Offline justme

• Count
  • Renown: 188
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandits
  • Game nicks: Bandit_Elsupreme
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2011, 12:10:01 pm »
overhead attack for my 1h sword just not making hit every time, even it go right trough enemy, and i have ping 40-70

Offline Everkistus

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No good deed goes unpunished
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Everkistus
  • IRC nick: Everkistus
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2011, 01:13:41 pm »
I did some testing too and it really seems that it's the games fault. I've encountered:

1) Horse teleporting.

2) Throwing weapons vanishing midair before they hit.

3) Ghost blocks.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 637
  • Infamy: 724
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2011, 01:29:07 pm »
I did some testing too and it really seems that it's the games fault. I've encountered:

1) Horse teleporting.

Horse teleporting is the reason why I am unable to use horse faster than 42 speed. If I ride Palfrey or Rouncey horse on their full speed its animation get fucked up.

Offline krampe

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Count Palatine of the Rhine
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pony
  • Game nicks: krampe and the moons
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2011, 01:54:30 pm »
I think everyone can test this: Use a long maul / ex Boulder on a stick and do overhead strikes on a teammate,
of course NOONE would EVER do that but we accidently did it with 3 people trying to hit one.
It took about 15 tries (all 3 where constantly striking) to score one hit while the top of the weapon always went directly through the target.
Sacrum Romanum Imperium

Yeah, well you know, that's just like, your opinion, man.

Offline Babelfish

• Knight
  • Renown: 62
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2011, 02:01:16 pm »

1) Horse teleporting.

2) Throwing weapons vanishing midair before they hit.

3) Ghost blocks.

2) has always been there. Happens when the server is getting full :/ (However never experienced it on siege )

Offline dontgothere

• Count
  • Renown: 295
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: DONT_GO_THERE, ARTIEstrongestmanINTHEWORLD, WHERES_MY_CHIPPY, PINGAS, derpyhooves, George_Costanza
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2011, 02:51:03 pm »
Have you guys done any of these same tests in Native multiplayer, to find whether the problem is in CRPG or instead with Warband's netcode?

Offline Evgen

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 22nd Battalion
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2011, 02:56:54 pm »
I agree, imo these problems are the biggest:

1. You hold a correct block, but the enemy weapon ignores it and hits you (not cruhsthorugh, happens with swords and axes and stuff)

that is the 2 things that annoy me the most

# 2 I experience quite often to notice. It is also the case for throwing weapons especially when you spam quick trowing weapons like shurikens. 

# 1 Rare but still happens. And I can swear that my position was faced directly to opponent and animation of blocked side was correct.

Fisrt I though that it is me (connection issue) but then saw this thread. I just back from Native where I did not experience such problems.
I still think that this problems conected to ingame lags but on the server side.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 03:00:43 pm by Evgen »

Offline Evgen

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 22nd Battalion
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2011, 03:03:13 pm »
Horse teleporting is the reason why I am unable to use horse faster than 42 speed. If I ride Palfrey or Rouncey horse on their full speed its animation get fucked up.

Horse teleporting when they bash someone is an old issue and exists in Native since some old patch.