Author Topic: Experience in strategus battles  (Read 10295 times)

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
Re: Experience in strategus battles
« Reply #75 on: October 29, 2011, 08:34:58 pm »
If you do not reward victory you run the risk of creating a system whereby people do not care about whether they win or lose. Who will then act in a corresponding manner.
Whatever happened to strat gold for mercs? I thought that was there to incentivize winning a strat battle. Of course currently no one is paying a damned thing for mercs because gold is so hard to get. Maybe we should bring this into the conversation as well?

(click to show/hide)
I think the majority of people talking about K:D are talking about team ratios, not personal. Which is completely different.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 08:36:59 pm by Tydeus »
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Spa_geh_tea

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 114
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bearded Vagrant
« Reply #76 on: October 29, 2011, 09:33:36 pm »
Perhaps a moral bar.....like shogun. Everyone starts at base x3 or x2 and can improve moral with kills flag caps or flag returns and the other teams moral drains respectivly. So, after every minute a distribution of the moral is tossed out with the x2, then reset back to even but whoever had the greater moral gets a plus x1. So during the battle a team after 5min could have a x5 plus moral distributions. Whether or not the multiplier is appplied to gen or the moral distribution is subject to chadz. Everyone gets at least x2 plus distribution but the better team gets more. So, losers of the battle could potentily gain more xp over the duration of the battle than winners.

Offline 22nd_King_Plazek

• Baron
  • Renown: 87
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 30, 2011, 01:05:16 am »
Whatever happened to strat gold for mercs? I thought that was there to incentivize winning a strat battle. Of course currently no one is paying a damned thing for mercs because gold is so hard to get. Maybe we should bring this into the conversation as well?
I think the majority of people talking about K:D are talking about team ratios, not personal. Which is completely different.

Strat gold is nice, for people actively involved in strategus. However for the average mercenary simply joining a stategus battle for fun, a pretty small incentive. CRPG gold is much better for those players. Of course amongst alliances and mercenary pacts it seems quite common that people fight for free anyway.

The best reward? The experience. Like Strategus 1, no one cared much about the gold they just wanted the XP. People wanted to fight these battles, a lot.

Although the gold is an important part I think, especially this strat with the low gold count, for strat faction members, the gold would really speak.

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #78 on: October 30, 2011, 02:01:25 am »
I suggest one of 2 ways

1: Xp based on lvl of enemy killed, given to everyone on your team (receive at end of map)
2: Xp per kill. More dead troops = more xp.

The only exploits my tiny mind can think of would be 1 faction fighting itself with naked men wielding wooden items but then the same could be said for any xp mode right?

Offline Bashere

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lyrical_Genius
« Reply #79 on: October 30, 2011, 04:59:44 am »
What is even the point of xp in strat battles? It does not transfer to crpg does it? If your strat char leveled you have no way of spending their points? Also if I retire and go a diff build does my strat char change too? Does it stay always on par with my current crpg char?

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #80 on: October 30, 2011, 06:02:59 am »
How about a gold boost for not dieing? Instead of incentivising kills, not dieing should be incentivised. Nothing is going to make you not want to die more than loosing potential fun money.

Have everyone start with 1k and for each death loose 100 gold until they have none left.

Obviously the vast majority of battles will see no one get a bonus but your going to stick by your shield wall a shit load more if it could it earn you 1k.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #81 on: October 30, 2011, 06:11:40 am »
How about a gold boost for not dieing? Instead of incentivising kills, not dieing should be incentivised. Nothing is going to make you not want to die more than loosing potential fun money.

Have everyone start with 1k and for each death loose 100 gold until they have none left.

Obviously the vast majority of battles will see no one get a bonus but your going to stick by your shield wall a shit load more if it could it earn you 1k.

Rewarding not dieing (aka hiding for leechers) is as bad as rewarding kill whoring.  The only thing that should matter is TEAM.  Average equipment value could be a possible figure.  I say give x3 and be done with it

Offline Jacko

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fffnanguard!
  • Game nicks: Jacko
« Reply #82 on: October 30, 2011, 06:54:31 pm »
Haven't read trough all of the pages so if something similar has been said just ignore this.

2,5 experience per tick.

Winner gets a bonus based on ( equipment / troops ) x total amount of troops, or something similar based on troop worth. 

The more troops and equipment spent, the higher the bonus. So simply retreating directly will only earn you experience for the ticks you "earned".
Monkeys!

Offline Bjarky

• Earl
  • Renown: 352
  • Infamy: 31
  • U got gold? I bring tea, silk, hemp, camels +more!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Leadership member)
  • Game nicks: Guard_BD_Bjarky, Guard_the_Lederhosen
  • IRC nick: bjarky
« Reply #83 on: October 30, 2011, 07:12:01 pm »
What is even the point of xp in strat battles? It does not transfer to crpg does it? If your strat char leveled you have no way of spending their points? Also if I retire and go a diff build does my strat char change too? Does it stay always on par with my current crpg char?
xp is connected to one char.
your crpg main is the strat char.
this means that everything you do with your crpg main build also affects your strat char in battles.

Offline Spa_geh_tea

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 114
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bearded Vagrant
« Reply #84 on: November 02, 2011, 06:02:49 pm »
Perhaps a moral bar.....like shogun. Everyone starts at base x3 or x2 and can improve moral with kills flag caps or flag returns and the other teams moral drains respectivly. So, after every minute a distribution of the moral is tossed out with the x2, then reset back to even but whoever had the greater moral gets a plus x1. So during the battle a team after 5min could have a x5 plus moral distributions. Whether or not the multiplier is appplied to gen or the moral distribution is subject to chadz. Everyone gets at least x2 plus distribution but the better team gets more. So, losers of the battle could potentily gain more xp over the duration of the battle than winners.

Different approach that got no feedback.....:/ good bad anything?

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #85 on: November 03, 2011, 04:37:41 pm »
+2
Just add a constant 3x tick.  It's simple, we know it works, and its more rewarding than normal battle/seige.  At the very least add it in the meantime until something permanent is put in?
Maybe give a bonus at the end for the winning side.

I'd like to note that all xp systems will be abusable somehow.  It's just how people are, they will find a way.  You can even exploit and leech on the normal crpg servers if you are clever.  It's not game-breaking though.  It's controlled.

We must not let the possible exploitation of a few ruin the experience for the many!

I think a constant 3x is the best solution to implement for now.  If there are a lot of "faction vs same faction" battles coming up, and leaching is suspected, just have an admin drop in and make sure nothing illegal is happening.

A possible solution to inner-faction leeching:
(regardless of what system is finally implemented):
Half the amount of xp earned for "faction vs. same faction" battles.  This can simulate the devastating moral loss of a civil war, and also discourage leeching tricks.  At the same time, it keeps the possibility open for a real civil war to break out if someone so desired...though of course the penalty would make it undesirable.

If this above penalty is included with my idea of a 3x tick...it would make it a 1.5x tick.  This would make it slightly worse than just playing crpg battle/siege, so it is unlikely this would be abused (why waste time if you can just hop on battle and do better?)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 05:22:15 pm by Garison »

Offline Remy

• Knight
  • Renown: 68
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remy_the_Fox
  • IRC nick: Remy
« Reply #86 on: November 03, 2011, 05:15:39 pm »
An ultra-annoying horse archer is applying pressure on the enemy team, does some random damage and is annoying like hell, but want to win.  :D

<3

Yes!

I cannot count the number of rounds where I only get two or three kills, but I have managed to dehorse a large portion of the enemy team or performed hit and run tactics on the infantry blob.  :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Fox, Horse Archer, Tker of Chagan.

Offline Kajia

• Earl
  • Renown: 481
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Kajia
  • IRC nick: Kajia_
« Reply #87 on: November 04, 2011, 06:55:57 pm »
Just add a constant 3x tick.  It's simple, we know it works, and its more rewarding than normal battle/seige.  At the very least add it in the meantime until something permanent is put in?
Maybe give a bonus at the end for the winning side.

I'd like to note that all xp systems will be abusable somehow.  It's just how people are, they will find a way.  You can even exploit and leech on the normal crpg servers if you are clever.  It's not game-breaking though.  It's controlled.

We must not let the possible exploitation of a few ruin the experience for the many!

I think a constant 3x is the best solution to implement for now.  If there are a lot of "faction vs same faction" battles coming up, and leaching is suspected, just have an admin drop in and make sure nothing illegal is happening.

A possible solution to inner-faction leeching:
(regardless of what system is finally implemented):
Half the amount of xp earned for "faction vs. same faction" battles.  This can simulate the devastating moral loss of a civil war, and also discourage leeching tricks.  At the same time, it keeps the possibility open for a real civil war to break out if someone so desired...though of course the penalty would make it undesirable.

If this above penalty is included with my idea of a 3x tick...it would make it a 1.5x tick.  This would make it slightly worse than just playing crpg battle/siege, so it is unlikely this would be abused (why waste time if you can just hop on battle and do better?)

Listen to the man!
I agree like with all points.
+1

Kajia's Workshop
(cRPG artwork showcase)

Offline Gristle

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BRD
  • Game nicks: Gristle_BRD
« Reply #88 on: November 20, 2011, 05:35:55 pm »
This thread was posted almost a month ago. Experience is still terrible. Can we at least get an update? We have here 6 pages of feedback that seem to have been forgotten.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 20, 2011, 08:53:59 pm »
+6
I dunno man I think they gave up.  Strategus gives shit exp, no gold, and the "economy" never took off and everyone uses peasant armor and worthless shields yet buy the best loomed bows they can afford because they can be picked up and reused infinitely, which 2 shot everybody.  Also, cav was removed completely.  Strat is worse then it has ever been, its nothing but tedious browser based bullshit and extremely unfun and imbalanced battles.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login