Author Topic: [Fief Defense] 62 Signups - 34 Show Up  (Read 4639 times)

Offline bredeus

• Earl
  • Renown: 392
  • Infamy: 85
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • there must be Peace
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templars since 1096 AD
  • Game nicks: Templar_Brede
  • IRC nick: Brede
Re: [Fief Defense] 62 Signups - 34 Show Up
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2011, 01:25:05 pm »
ok with penalty but only when the defence limit would be correct/just to attacker size. Havint two times more recruits than attacker can lead to nonsence when attacker is forced to defense cause of def. advantage in number

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2011, 12:26:12 am »
+1
Solution is simple - add a rollcall like clans do.

1) 20 mins before the Battle starts everybody accepted onto the roster at that point gets an invite that they must then confirm on the Battle application page.
2) At the same point in time the pending list gets cleared out, but anybody who is around may re-apply for the Battle
3) 10 mins before the Battle anybody from part 1) who hasn't confirmed their place gets chucked out and their places get offered to the best people from part 2)

If there are only meant to be 30 defender for a village then the neutral Roster should be reduced to around 35 which should account for the odd person who has a RL issue that crops up.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2011, 01:34:47 am »
Punishing people is not the answer. It's a flaw in the system.

I for one know that there have been occasions where I have signed up, been accepted and then for whatever reason haven't actually been able to make it and haven't been able to get to a computer to sign myself off before the battle.

Not everyone has access to the internet 24/7 and even remembers to do such a thing. People shouldn't be punished for that, instead a better system needs to be considered.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2011, 01:55:20 am »
Punishing people is not the answer. It's a flaw in the system.

I for one know that there have been occasions where I have signed up, been accepted and then for whatever reason haven't actually been able to make it and haven't been able to get to a computer to sign myself off before the battle.

Not everyone has access to the internet 24/7 and even remembers to do such a thing. People shouldn't be punished for that, instead a better system needs to be considered.
Well, the best one would just be fore the first X number of people who log in plays for the AI. Would be bitch to code, I supposed.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2011, 02:03:33 am »
Why limit the number of people able to play in defense of a neutral village?  It's the only chance most non-clan members will get to play in a strat battle.  It's exclusionary to do so.  It's up to the clans to make sure they have enough warm bodies show up.  Shame on them for trying to take villages with 15 people.  They need to hire mercs too if they don't have enough people.

From what I've seen, the attackers usually win, even if they are outnumbered in the live player area.

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2011, 02:11:24 am »
Because it's fun?

I mean really, if the only reason you're playing a game is because you get "xp/gold" for it, then you need to sit down and re-evaluate your life.  I play games because they are fun.  Any xp/gold is secondary to that.

And I don't get the comment from bjarky that "because not everyone is getting in because of this".

Who didn't get in?  Someone from the attackers?  Because like I said, I signed up on the defender side, even with 62 signups already there and I got in.  It said "Pending" on the website still but I got to fight in the battle no problem.

Thanks Dr. Phil.  I'll get right on that re-evaluation, based on your professional opinion.  Did I forget to mention that playing for low xp and no gold in a disorganized mess, where everyone is a general and no one is a soldier against 3:1 odds is no fun?  Would that have affected your diagnosis? 

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2011, 02:17:37 am »
That just suggests that there needs to be a reasonable attacker time limit and/or an attacker goal beyond "wipe out all the tickets".

If attackers don't want to attack then that should be game over, they lose.

I agree that there should be a time limit.  It could simulate the attacker running out of food and water or worried about disease during a siege.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2011, 03:10:21 am »
Failure to comprehen problem: check

Aggressive attitude to other users: check

Triple post due to inability to locate modify button: check

Conclusion: Turkhammer should be ignored.
Turtles

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2011, 06:07:26 am »
Failure to comprehen problem: check

Aggressive attitude to other users: check

Triple post due to inability to locate modify button: check

Conclusion: Turkhammer should be ignored.

Who voted you board arbitrator?

Perhaps you could enlighten me so that I may comprehen the problem.

So you think it was aggressive to respond to an amateur physchologist's diagnosis?  I thought I was being mild.  I could have told him to fuck off.

What 3 posts are you blathering about?

Feel free to ignore me pal.  In fact, you could have done so before you made your post.  It would have at least been logical.

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2011, 06:33:03 am »
What 3 posts are you blathering about?
This was my favorite part of his rebuttal.

Offline Beans

• Knight
  • Renown: 49
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: USA
  • Game nicks: USA_MEATMERCHANT_AMERICA
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2011, 08:51:24 am »
All this limiting of slots is horrible. The whole draw of strategus battles is massive organized battles. Limiting one side or the other to 30 slots is horrible.

Offline Uumdi

• Duke
  • Renown: 651
  • Infamy: 59
  • Ready to Die
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Uumdi_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Uumdi
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2011, 10:29:44 am »
If 90 people signed up for defense on my first attack, I'd be salty as fuck.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Ten shots of prayers, ten shots a day
A shot of thrill to hide the pain.
They can`t win, they just don`t cry,
The troopers know they live to die.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2011, 11:03:53 am »

What 3 posts are you blathering about

You must be really retarded of a really good troll.

Ill let the people decide and keep my opinion for myself
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2011, 12:43:03 pm »
Solution is simple - add a rollcall like clans do.

1) 20 mins before the Battle starts everybody accepted onto the roster at that point gets an invite that they must then confirm on the Battle application page.
2) At the same point in time the pending list gets cleared out, but anybody who is around may re-apply for the Battle
3) 10 mins before the Battle anybody from part 1) who hasn't confirmed their place gets chucked out and their places get offered to the best people from part 2)

If there are only meant to be 30 defender for a village then the neutral Roster should be reduced to around 35 which should account for the odd person who has a RL issue that crops up.
1) 30 min before battle confirmation request
2) till 5 min before battle, every minute server checks for confirmations or decline, those who decline get removed and replaced by pending applicants
3) 20 min before battle all who didn't confirm or declined get kicked and replaced by pending applaicants
4) repeat 3) every 5 minutes with those who got newly accepted(the former pending applicants)

still there needs to be more attacker slots or less defender slots for AI village attacks( does it now only count for AI villages or for AI castles/towns, too?) OR the army size gives more additional slots like every 100 troops +1 slot for attacker with base 30. if i attack with 1500 troops i have then 15 additionally slots. Army sizes with 3k troops +, would then give a full roster, which is tough to reach anyway as that costs a shitload upkeep. (or 40 base, +1 for every 120 troops)

bugs atm:
- autoreattack
- 0 amount items
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2011, 02:04:19 pm »
1) 30 min before battle confirmation request
2) till 5 min before battle, every minute server checks for confirmations or decline, those who decline get removed and replaced by pending applicants
3) 20 min before battle all who didn't confirm or declined get kicked and replaced by pending applaicants
4) repeat 3) every 5 minutes with those who got newly accepted(the former pending applicants)

This would work too.  Any kind of confirmation system just before the battle starts will work so whichever is easiest to code is best I guess