Author Topic: Economic crisis hits cRPG market?  (Read 6022 times)

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
Re: Economic crisis hits cRPG market?
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2011, 12:28:44 pm »
just a message to all the archers and HA that complain about the prices.

i lol every time i see that you cry about 350/400 repair price. deal with it, grind one gen, sell a loom point and viola youre set.

on the other hand myself as a dedicated 2h am forced to use heavy gear due to your recent abillity to do pierce damage and my reapirs vary from 500 to 3k per round.

in this gear i lose up to 50/60k even more depends on the gen and the multis. if i choose lighter gear im done in 2 arrows. FACT. maybe not dead evey time but so low on HP a stronger wind kills me, basically useless. meaning done.

so please dont even lobby for a buff price wise because its not fair to any onther class on the field and even wth bodkin and rus bow prices you still make more money than any other class.

And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Old_Sir_Agor

• Baron
  • Renown: 85
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: DenBitre_Sir_Agor
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2011, 12:32:00 pm »
monopoly lol 8-)
shooting at people from a reachable place as last man standing is not delaying. Even if you're on the other side of the map.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2011, 12:36:31 pm »

i lol every time i see that you cry about 350/400 repair price. deal with it, grind one gen, sell a loom point and viola youre set.

on the other hand myself as a dedicated 2h am forced to use heavy gear due to your recent abillity to do pierce damage and my reapirs vary from 500 to 3k per round.

in this gear i lose up to 50/60k even more depends on the gen and the multis. if i choose lighter gear im done in 2 arrows. FACT. maybe not dead evey time but so low on HP a stronger wind kills me, basically useless. meaning done.

so please dont even lobby for a buff price wise because its not fair to any onther class on the field and even wth bodkin and rus bow prices you still make more money than any other class.

The upkeep comparison reminds me of this :

You can safely replace the sociologists with xbows, psychologists with throwers, biologists with archers, chemists with 2h/poles, physicists with shielders... and mathematicians with horsemen.

Then pretend the graph is about per-gen upkeep.

Offline Brutal

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Pecores_Brutal_le chacal Cold_stone Bazooka
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2011, 12:45:39 pm »

Just a message to guy that talk about what they didn't try.

I lost 150 000 gold going HA on my 3 gen archer using light horse, bodkins and light armor  and i m only half way to lvl 30 (2.3 m xp) so about 2 week of playing.

However i wear heavy gear a long spear and top tier polearm on my main every round and i loose very very little money (maybe 20 000 in 2-3 month)

Offline SchokoSchaf

• Knight
  • Renown: 61
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: Eats grass
  • IRC nick: Schoko
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2011, 12:52:11 pm »
+1
This thread only proves that the upkeep system works as intended. People actually have to think about how they use their money and can't simply throw it out. +1 for the devs!
määääääääääh!

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2011, 01:30:47 pm »
Just a message to guy that talk about what they didn't try.

I lost 150 000 gold going HA on my 3 gen archer using light horse, bodkins and light armor  and i m only half way to lvl 30 (2.3 m xp) so about 2 week of playing.

However i wear heavy gear a long spear and top tier polearm on my main every round and i loose very very little money (maybe 20 000 in 2-3 month)

wow u lost 150k on a HA gen?

that must be some kind of a record, kudos to ya.

post equipement pls.
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2011, 02:43:12 pm »
Hey, get back to topic, please!
Do we have lack of money on our hands or not? If yes, why the hell are prices rising, shouldn't be the opposite?
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2011, 02:43:54 pm »
IMO, the reason was incomplete information. At first, people sort of agreed to a base heirloom price, after the sellers realised 500k for a +1 was def. too much and the buyers realised that 200k was definitely too low, everyone was selling and buying any +1 heirloom for 300k. Then the prices started to gently fluctuate.

It lasted quite long and by that time it was really easy to make cheap money with the market. Delusions on the value of items, people needing money very fast, etc.

Then the patch hit and many balance ajustments were made. People already had started to realise that a +1 item maybe wasn't equal to another +1 item, so very logically now the price differences between high and low demand items are extreme (sometimes more than 1 heirloom point in gold), as some good prepatch items became very bad (courser and arab warhorse mainly).

Before some players started playing full 100k+ equipment, there sure was inflation because everybody was either breaking even or earning money, and more and more people were stopping the retirements (thus not feeding the market with heirloom points).

But now that gear crutchers aren't that uncommon, I do think there will be a general decrease in the price of semi-critical heirlooms like weapons, ammo or horses and convenience heirlooms like shields, peasant stuff, head armor and boots. Critical heirlooms like armor and gauntlets however, will not decrease in price.

Everybody wants them at the moment, and I doubt a general decrease in the gold mass will affect those that are able to buy heirloomed armors. Fact is, most armor related trades are direct heirloom point trades, and many people don't even sell their heirloom points despite the somewhat exaggerated price (400k+ while you can find nearly all the +1 heirlooms you want at 300k), they just turn them into heirloomed armor. Very few people have armors to sell, because they are sold very fast to players that actually use them.

Ok so in short what you're saying is roughly:

At first there was a basic agreed on "average price"
Then some items became less valuable and vice versa, people started to see that there were differences between prices for equipment.
Pre-upkeep change, it was easier to make money or break even so people were stopping their retirements due to the ease of obtaining heirloom points.
Upkeep changed, less supply and more demand = increase in price.
Cheaper gear at a premium due to people wanting to replace their heavy heirlooms with cheaper stuff due to upkeep change.
People don't have much money now lack of heirlooms (in effect what you're saying) means lower supply but higher demand increasing prices further.

So overall the many different changes throughout the time, the different patches and changes to game mechanics and items has seen the rise in prices for different pieces of equipment and the less used items that warrant using an heirloom point to obtain have increased significantly due to the extremely low supply.

I hope I understood that, but that makes a lot of sense in my opinion. Cheers Kaf.

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are

Offline Farrok

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Farrok
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2011, 03:37:30 pm »
+1
i like it how people say archers have low upkeep...archers can`t even maintain there best weapons because arrows needs to repair every 1-2 rounds, where melee can maintain there best weapon with ease...

more than a weapon isn`t needed, can run around in light-medium armor with some blocking skills and brains you even make more money than archery in peasant armor...

problem is that arrows seems to break because of breakchance reduction of archery wpf isnt there...though before that upkeep for archery was to low but arrows shouldnt break every round...

hmm or better suggestion...
hmm make new thread for that xD

armor is an + no must...even with light armor and a twohander of doom you can do pretty fine...though when you want to be unique with german greatsword and heavy kujak than you need to pay a little bit.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 03:40:02 pm by Farrok »

Offline Stabby_Dave

• Count
  • Renown: 197
  • Infamy: 34
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Stabby_Dave, Squelch, Dave_The_Longbowman, Faggy_Dave
  • IRC nick: Stabby
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2011, 03:40:33 pm »
+1

The fact that more people are spending gold on high level gear upkeep rather than looms really makes no difference. If demand is high but there is not enough gold to be able to satisfy this demand, then prices will decrease naturally. There may be a bit of lag time but it will happen. As the game gets older, people will have retired more and loompoints will become more common. Therefore, supply will be increase and, unless the crpg community continues to grow indefinitely, demand will fall. This of course will result in lower and lower prices.

Conclusion: Sell now buy when looms are cheaper!!!  :D

Another trend I've noticed recently is to do with the most popular weapons. Every now and again certain weapons or armours become super popular, sometimes because of a patch, sometimes for no apparent reason. Not long ago, the Danish Greatsword was the most sought after two hander and would easily go for upwards of 1.1 mil on the market. When weapons become popular like this, people become less willing to sell them and so potential buyers use gold to buy loompoints to make their own. Before long, the market becomes saturated with these weapons (look at how many DGS are on the market now) and their popularity drops off, again sometimes because of patches and sometimes for no apparent reason. You will have seen this time and time again in the past month or two: Steel Pick, Military Cleaver, Long Bow, Danish, GLA, Kuyaks.

Conclusion: Sell weapons at their height of popularity (right now, Rus Bow, Awlpike) for lots of gold. Then predict what the 'next big thing' will be and buy it for cheap - easier said than done i know.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 03:42:40 pm by Stabby_Dave »

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2011, 04:41:37 pm »
Basic stock trading, well done guys!
Turtles

Offline SchokoSchaf

• Knight
  • Renown: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: Eats grass
  • IRC nick: Schoko
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2011, 04:51:35 pm »

Another trend I've noticed recently is to do with the most popular weapons. Every now and again certain weapons or armours become super popular, sometimes because of a patch, sometimes for no apparent reason. Not long ago, the Danish Greatsword was the most sought after two hander and would easily go for upwards of 1.1 mil on the market. When weapons become popular like this, people become less willing to sell them and so potential buyers use gold to buy loompoints to make their own. Before long, the market becomes saturated with these weapons (look at how many DGS are on the market now) and their popularity drops off, again sometimes because of patches and sometimes for no apparent reason. You will have seen this time and time again in the past month or two: Steel Pick, Military Cleaver, Long Bow, Danish, GLA, Kuyaks.

Conclusion: Sell weapons at their height of popularity (right now, Rus Bow, Awlpike) for lots of gold. Then predict what the 'next big thing' will be and buy it for cheap - easier said than done i know.

Need to bring the word into play - partly there are certain trendsetters, mainly high scoring people with good k/d ratio and you can see astounishingly well, how all the copycats react one their chosen weapon. And yeah, ofc, stat changes have a great deal of influence as well.
This topic would make a great study on the development of economic systems, but then again i already did that on another game, so I'll pass.
määääääääääh!

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2011, 06:24:55 pm »

Probably the most important thing to know about the current market. It is extremely volatile, because rational information is hard to get, players give irrational values to items based on other players performances, and the world itself is extremely dynamic due to patches (a bit like the weather and natural disasters for agricultural goods). To speculate on those things (mostly patches), you need a shitload of money, otherwise you will run out of time very fast. I don't think more than a handful of players could afford to do that successfully (making more profit than with more usual short-term trades)

I think heirloom prices will stay high for a very long time. FOTM items will change, thus there will always be a fresh demand for "new" items. Furthermore, as time goes, more people stop retiring but still want to buy heirlooms and new players without heirlooms join the game.

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2011, 06:36:15 pm »
Need to bring the word into play - partly there are certain trendsetters, mainly high scoring people with good k/d ratio and you can see astounishingly well, how all the copycats react one their chosen weapon. And yeah, ofc, stat changes have a great deal of influence as well.
This topic would make a great study on the development of economic systems, but then again i already did that on another game, so I'll pass.
Yes, that's incredible. I can, somehow, understand how people can think that Chase is doing so well because he is wearing Sarranid Guard Armor - it has highest body armor for its weight, but I honestly don't understand archers who wear Straw Hat and Leather Jerkin because Tenne is wearing it.
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

Offline Diomedes

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
  • Cat
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sootnik_Diomedes
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2011, 06:38:29 pm »
Most of my money has gone into lending.  Over 500k has gone out, and about 200 has come back.  S'alright though, I don't buy anything anyway.