Author Topic: Dear Admins, please be aware of this  (Read 7399 times)

Offline Literally_Circler

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Literally a Clan
Dear Admins, please be aware of this
« on: February 05, 2011, 07:41:55 pm »
Something I've noticed a lot of recently is people crying wolf in an attempt to get you guys to kick/ban players they dont like.

Just some examples, on Naked Mike day we were on the map where there's the large staircase with the hole in the middle. A player was blocking teammates from making the jump causing them to fall. I was able to make it over and proceeded to kick him off the staircase to let my teammates pass. He immediately started clamoring to an admin that I be banned for the tk. To their credit, the admins did not act on his demands which I appreciate.

On another occasion, a member of my clan had a dispute with a different player. It was getting silly so the guy in my clan advised us all just to ignore the player, take the high road and leave him alone, which we did. That player began to follow my clan mate around in game and saying things in the chat like "stop hitting me XXXXX, leave me alone" "stop bullying me" etc. despite my clan mate doing nothing but ignoring him. It was an obvious attempt to get my clan mate kicked.

It seems like these occurrences are becoming more frequent. As someone who's been kicked for defending myself against a tker in game chat (i didnt physically fight back but apparently talking about it was trolling), i ask that you please try to verify peoples statements before taking action against possibly innocent players. Thanks for reading.

Offline BD_Guard_Bane

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guards
  • Game nicks: BD_Guard_Bane
  • IRC nick: cmpxchg8b
Re: Dear Admins, please be aware of this
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 07:54:32 pm »
Noted, thanks for bringing this to our attention.
I defended the village and all I got was this stupid title.

Offline serpus

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 07:54:53 pm »
they just lock threads like this instead of addressing the issues

Offline panderson

• Noble
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The White Company
  • Game nicks: Pandersonsonsonsonson_WCo
  • IRC nick: Panderson
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 01:02:09 am »
Circler, I was the admin online for both the first and third examples you have in your post. 

In the first example I actually banned the person who repeatedly blocked his teammates and then attacked them after warnings and kicks. 

In the third example, I kicked you for trolling your teammates in chat and breaking the no douchebaggery rule.  After telling you several times to stop causing trouble, you continued.  In which case I kicked you.

Offline HeroZero

• Wannabe lawyer
  • Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 01:22:31 am »
Circler, I was the admin online for both the first and third examples you have in your post. 

In the first example I actually banned the person who repeatedly blocked his teammates and then attacked them after warnings and kicks. 

In the third example, I kicked you for trolling your teammates in chat and breaking the no douchebaggery rule.  After telling you several times to stop causing trouble, you continued.  In which case I kicked you.

Selective moderation at its best.
Just because I troll doesn't mean I don't care.

Offline panderson

• Noble
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The White Company
  • Game nicks: Pandersonsonsonsonson_WCo
  • IRC nick: Panderson
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2011, 02:33:49 am »

Hardly.

Offline HeroZero

• Wannabe lawyer
  • Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2011, 05:51:16 am »
This happens to us on a daily basis, and nothing happens.

Circler does it on an isolated occasion and...boom kicked.

Offline Gash

• Count
  • Renown: 151
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS/Occitan
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2011, 06:51:13 am »
It seems like these occurrences are becoming more frequent. As someone who's been kicked for defending myself against a tker in game chat (i didnt physically fight back but apparently talking about it was trolling), i ask that you please try to verify peoples statements before taking action against possibly innocent players. Thanks for reading.
This happens to us on a daily basis, and nothing happens.

Circler does it on an isolated occasion and...boom kicked.

Panderson and other admins are not babysitters paid to watch chat all day.

Warnings and kicks were issued.  Failure to heed warnings led to removal.

If others do the same to the point where it catches our attention while we're playing, we'll take action towards them too.

That said, were playing Mount and Blade, not Sherlock Holmes Private Detective...  :wink:

Take care
CRPG NA Server Admin

Offline HeroZero

• Wannabe lawyer
  • Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2011, 07:07:07 am »
I'm just saying, maybe there should be a wider swath of admins, bring some different perspectives into the area.

I nominate myself. I may be an ass, but at least I'm equally an ass to everyone.

Offline Literally_Circler

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Literally a Clan
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2011, 07:50:21 am »

i like how he tked me, then killed my horse
but when i talked about it in game chat i was causing trouble

also you werent around for the first example, but that happens a lot on that specific map

Offline Philosiraptor

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
  • Scrubnerdbasementlord
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Phoenix Company MurderBoner GoD
  • Game nicks: Philosiraptor_PxC; Thousands of alts..Just call me mike :D
  • IRC nick: Philo
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2011, 08:06:13 am »
Take it from me. People with a reputation of being asshats get noticed alot more by the admins.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Anders you have a fucking ban thread every day it seems, you lead a sad life my friend. Ban threads are the cancer that kill this mod.

Offline HeroZero

• Wannabe lawyer
  • Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2011, 04:41:40 pm »
Take it from me. People with a reputation of being asshats get noticed alot more by the admins.

Which is bullshit, there needs to be admins that are willing to objectively look and conflicts, only noting history and reputation as PARTS of the greater argument.

Not ones that just go, "Oh, that Circler guy is in Literally, he must be in the wrong,"

Offline The_Newer_Wind

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2011, 06:14:14 pm »
I have a similar story, I had teammate in a siege the map was just 1 second from bieng over and we won, so he just killed me on purpose. (i dont mind that, its end of map, nothing saves and he just wanted to get 1 last kill in)  Next map he is on my team, and he starts hitting me, a enemy comes near me and I know the enemy will try and kill me anyway, so while i was fighting enemy, he tk'ed me in the back, it was 1 time occurance, so I said that he better stop tk'ing me because I can kill you back if enemies arnt around. Then he tk'ed me again, so I made poll to kick him (kick not ban, nothing much) then he started pleading that I started it first and he was just defending himself, so then the people and some guy, gave me a warning and told me to stop, I tried telling them that he started it, but it was no use. He tk'ed me again, and he said to me stop starting it, and i got kicked. (I didnt even do anything to that guy!!) So, you really have to look, at whats happening, before kicking. Especially if the person forgot the name of the low ping siege server. Also, if you give a guy a warning to stop or they will take further actions, doesnt it make sense that they will stop, and not keep going?? I got on the server about a hour later, about 4 people, turns out he was trolling all night long, they made a vote ban and he was banned when the guy wasnt there. So I proved my point.

Offline Alex_C

• Knight
  • Renown: 30
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guard of Istiniar
  • Game nicks: IG_Earl_Alexander
  • IRC nick: ISPCA_Alexanger
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2011, 08:02:29 pm »

Lies, I've done far better selective moderation.

Offline HeroZero

• Wannabe lawyer
  • Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2011, 08:24:08 pm »
I have a similar story, I had teammate in a siege the map was just 1 second from bieng over and we won, so he just killed me on purpose. (i dont mind that, its end of map, nothing saves and he just wanted to get 1 last kill in)  Next map he is on my team, and he starts hitting me, a enemy comes near me and I know the enemy will try and kill me anyway, so while i was fighting enemy, he tk'ed me in the back, it was 1 time occurance, so I said that he better stop tk'ing me because I can kill you back if enemies arnt around. Then he tk'ed me again, so I made poll to kick him (kick not ban, nothing much) then he started pleading that I started it first and he was just defending himself, so then the people and some guy, gave me a warning and told me to stop, I tried telling them that he started it, but it was no use. He tk'ed me again, and he said to me stop starting it, and i got kicked. (I didnt even do anything to that guy!!) So, you really have to look, at whats happening, before kicking. Especially if the person forgot the name of the low ping siege server. Also, if you give a guy a warning to stop or they will take further actions, doesnt it make sense that they will stop, and not keep going?? I got on the server about a hour later, about 4 people, turns out he was trolling all night long, they made a vote ban and he was banned when the guy wasnt there. So I proved my point.

What a shitty story. I think just about everyone has this same thing happen to them regularly.