Author Topic: [Version 1.0a] Free banner pack, clans free to have what they want as a banner  (Read 8268 times)

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
Re: Freedom banner pack, clans free to have what they want as a banner.
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2011, 08:32:27 am »
Stop bringing my heritage into this, you dutch anal masseur

You know damn well who we sided with

e: Also cute puppy tilted into certain angle isn't a symbol of sun anymore
Sun, dutch? What

I'm just a finnish patriot.

Offline LLJK_Korea1

• Knight
  • Renown: 30
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
  • What of it?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
Traditional cute puppy symbolizes either sun, or is a symbol of luck and happiness. You tilt it into certain angle, it loses all it's meaning and turns into something else. Also we adopted that sign from swedish, who were(and are) the biggest closet-chocolate chip cookies of our time.

Also, anime and word "patriot" don't go hand in hand
PROUD CITIZEN OF PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF LLJK

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline gryxitl

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Riders of Brohan (Haven)
Totally not trolling but the cute puppy is used constantly in china and japan in buddhist temples.  Although in the western world the cute puppy is considered a symbol of hatred but the symbol the chocolate chip cookie's used is actually a reversal of the buddhist cute puppy.  I can see how it would make westerners uncomfortable as we are not as familiar with these symbols and their configurations.

Stars however are too common of a symbol to be connected in a way like this especially since it seems to be a universal and culturally independent symbol.

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Zen
    • View Profile
Traditional cute puppy symbolizes either sun, or is a symbol of luck and happiness. You tilt it into certain angle, it loses all it's meaning and turns into something else. Also we adopted that sign from swedish, who were(and are) the biggest closet-chocolate chip cookies of our time.

Yet that first symbol was adopted 1918. Way before it was ever used in a chocolate chip cookie flag. We stopped using it 1945 due to the chocolate chip cookies, though.

The second is however a "Present-day flag (from 1958) and its pole of the Training Air Wing with three cute puppies"

The current presidential flag of Finland contains a cute puppy. Present day Finnish Air Force brigade marks contain cute puppies. The first Finnish cute puppies date to freakin' 18th century. And before that something called "tursaansydän" which looked like this:
(click to show/hide)
was often used, until as I said, it was replaced by the cute puppy in the 18th century. "Tursaansydän" has its origins in Lapland.
Presidential flag:
(click to show/hide)

Stop oppressing freedom. I don't understand why my country's symbolism isn't allowed. I thought that was the whole point of the pack.
And even though my numerous attempts to start watching anime, I still haven't been able to actually start. It's just not my thing.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 09:18:53 am by Ninja_Khorin »

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
+1
Look, I personally do not care if there is a cute puppy if it is being legitimately used in a non hateful manner. If I suspect that someone submits one and is added through the claim of it not being used as the chocolate chip cookies did, then i will remove it upon abuse of it. I just do not want to promote hate or racism in any way as I am strongly against it.
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
I just do not want to promote hate or racism in any way as I am strongly against it.

(click to show/hide)
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Zen
    • View Profile
Alright Poophammer. I respect that. There should be limits, racism and hatespeech is a serious problem in our world and it should not be tolerated. Total freedom leads to total asshattery and total freedom gives the power to trolls to do whatever they want to provoke a reaction.

On that note I'd like to give you the banner for the ninja clan for this banner pack:

(click to show/hide)

Symbolism:

As I'm a finn myself it represents my finnish heritage.
It also represents Japan, since the cute puppy is a prevalent symbol there. There's also the swallow that is present in all the ninja banners due to tradition.
The colours were picked in accordance to our colour palette ranging from white-grey-black which illustrate our dresscode and match with our dresscode.

EDIT: Notice that it is not tilted.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 10:13:28 am by Ninja_Khorin »

Offline Arked

• Baron
  • Renown: 115
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • You own every word you speak.
    • View Profile
    • ShogunateTV
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_BD_Arked
  • IRC nick: Arked

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
+1
Alright Poophammer. I respect that. There should be limits, racism and hatespeech is a serious problem in our world and it should not be tolerated. Total freedom leads to total asshattery and total freedom gives the power to trolls to do whatever they want to provoke a reaction.

On that note I'd like to give you the banner for the ninja clan for this banner pack:

(click to show/hide)

Symbolism:

As I'm a finn myself it represents my finnish heritage.
It also represents Japan, since the cute puppy is a prevalent symbol there. There's also the swallow that is present in all the ninja banners due to tradition.
The colours were picked in accordance to our colour palette ranging from white-grey-black which illustrate our dresscode and match with our dresscode.

EDIT: Notice that it is not tilted.

I see no problem with this, will be added on  next update
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Zen
    • View Profile
Merci.

Atleast you stand for your principles, which means my work here is done.
As in:
EDIT: No need to add the banner Poophammer. Just keep our clan banner or native banner. I made my point, there's nothing inherently offensive, it's the intent behind it, which is why the USA banner was created. The whole USA thing will go the way of the Bird Clan anyway. I give it a few weeks before they come up with a new subclan and no one will care about USA again. My only problem with all the multiple banner packs is that people will look completely different from what they intend depending on who they're looking at.

Back to Arked's banner pack
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 11:19:30 am by Ninja_Khorin »

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
BIRD Clan will never die.

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
+2

HOLY MOTHER OF PUDDING!

That looks fly as shit!!!  :shock:
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
+1
Look, I personally do not care if there is a cute puppy if it is being legitimately used in a non hateful manner. If I suspect that someone submits one and is added through the claim of it not being used as the chocolate chip cookies did, then i will remove it upon abuse of it. I just do not want to promote hate or racism in any way as I am strongly against it.

I love how he said that with a straight face, even though the USA clan uses their flag to help role play discrimination  :lol:
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Gmnotutoo

• King
  • Renown: 1387
  • Infamy: 229
  • Space Pope of BIRD CLAN
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns
  • Game nicks: Gmnotutoo
+2
That is an intimidating shield, Sir.

OH MY GOD
AND GMNOTUTOO DARES TELL ME ONLY SHE SHOULD HAVE IT?!

:?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 08:08:44 pm by Gmnotutoo »

THIS IS A MANLY CLAN. FOR MANLY MEN. DOING MANLY THINGS.

Offline The_Angle

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
  • Qaddaffi 4 eva
    • View Profile
Freedom isn't always free, but this banner pack is.
If Freedom isn't free, it ain't Freedom.

Otherwise please add my banner plz.

Down with Pseudo-Democracy and Capitalist-Colonialism. For Freedom!(Belongs in Freedom Banner pack because it is symbol of freedom plzplz bby)

In the land of rape and honey, you prey.