Author Topic: EU vs NA  (Read 21329 times)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: EU vs NA
« Reply #255 on: October 19, 2011, 05:32:36 pm »
+2
Clearly the smallest c-RPG community has developed some never-before-seen tricks in duels that none of us lowly mortals may possibly know! Teach us!
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline yedrellow

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 19, 2011, 05:33:32 pm »
And we can say the same about your alleged superhuman Australian duelists that are so far above the league of us lowly Transatlantics that it astonishes the very fibre of your being.

I mean, how on Earth are we not acknowledging their superior skill!? It is mind boggling, truly.

Can't really be explained well in text, but the level of play did have a level of insanity about it. Even hearing a fight over microphone (when they used to play competitively) sounded identical to a professional Korean Brood war player.

Every successful fighting style in Aus was first perfected by them. They are the sorts of players to go up against 20 people single handedly with a one handed sword and no armour and win, consistently. No player has better performed group fighting than them.

It wouldn't be unusual to see them with scores of 50-1, on servers with 60 people in it (i.e, one naked swordsman carrying an entire native 30 player team).

It is hard to articulate the gulf between them and almost everyone else.

Edit: These are native players, who became known as trolls, and did happen to touch the crpg servers with straight to 30s from time to time.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 05:34:46 pm by yedrellow »

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #257 on: October 19, 2011, 05:34:47 pm »

Can't really be explained well in text, but the level of play did have a level of insanity about it. Even hearing a fight over microphone (when they used to play competitively) sounded identical to a professional Korean Brood war player.

Every successful fighting style in Aus was first perfected by them. They are the sorts of players to go up against 20 people single handedly with a one handed sword and no armour and win, consistently. No player has better performed group fighting than them.

It wouldn't be unusual to see them with scores of 50-1, on servers with 60 people in it (i.e, one naked swordsman carrying an entire native 30 player team).

It is hard to articulate the gulf between them and almost everyone else.

*cough* autoblock not checked on AUS servers *cough*
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 19, 2011, 05:36:20 pm »
I suppose Yedrellow is the kind of person that would be amazed that a turtle can turn itself around.

Offline yedrellow

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 19, 2011, 05:37:52 pm »
You have no idea do you, these people were doing these things back in beta; unless they coded autoblock themselves, they definitely do not use it. You can't dismiss players of their calibre just because you think they can not exist without hacking.

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 19, 2011, 05:38:04 pm »
And here you are trying to justify why we should acknowledge them, on their behalf. You do not find this pathetic or in any form or shape, sad?

Just sounds like your sense of proportion is off. If they can beat everyone naked with a 1h sword, the rest of AUS probably just sucks so much it reaches abnormal levels.

You're welcome to post any videos of this gulf you claim is so inarticulable, though.

Seriously... :lol:
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 19, 2011, 05:38:09 pm »
They are the sorts of players to go up against 20 people single handedly with a one handed sword and no armour and win, consistently.

That just means the other AUS players are awful..
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 19, 2011, 05:40:52 pm »
You have no idea do you, these people were doing these things back in beta; unless they coded autoblock themselves, they definitely do not use it. You can't dismiss players of their calibre just because you think they can not exist without hacking.

Well how can we acknowledge them when we haven't seen them play... should we just take your word for it that they are the bestest, best of the very best in the game because you said so. And it has also been mentioned that australia has a very small community.

For all we know, they could be salty's in small pond of fish.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 05:42:14 pm by Siiem »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #263 on: October 19, 2011, 05:41:43 pm »
+1
In all seriousness though, AUS don't have anything that the other communities don't have, and vice versa... After a lot of spectating (usually occures after each monthly AUS player posting WE IS DA BEST on these forums) I have yet to see anything that I have not seen on other servers, including native.

Everyone sucks.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline yedrellow

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 19, 2011, 05:43:19 pm »
Eh, there is no point arguing this anymore, you are just going to dismiss them out of hand, the 400 ms latency gulf between our continents means that there's no way I can prove what I am saying to you anyway, short of spending 3000 dollars on a plane ticket or two.

However, admittedly, I am comparing these to RECORDED videos of EU and NA players, there may still be a few players who haven't appeared on youtube yet that are far better than the ones currently on youtube.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #265 on: October 19, 2011, 05:44:12 pm »
+1
Most top players of every community along with most crap players don't make the youtubes...

Best way is to spectate first hand, like me.

What I find stupid is that most shit talkers claim they know shit but can't name even two dozen top tier players of other communities.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 19, 2011, 05:45:06 pm »
Eh, there is no point arguing this anymore, you are just going to dismiss them out of hand, the 400 ms latency gulf between our continents means that there's no way I can prove what I am saying to you anyway, short of spending 3000 dollars on a plane ticket or two.

However, admittedly, I am comparing these to RECORDED videos of EU and NA players, there may still be a few players who haven't appeared on youtube yet that are far better than the ones currently on youtube.

You could describe to us what they are doing that is so amazing? If you can't do that, then you don't understand the game mechanics well enough to be an accurate judge of player skill.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline yedrellow

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 19, 2011, 05:53:14 pm »
You could describe to us what they are doing that is so amazing? If you can't do that, then you don't understand the game mechanics well enough to be an accurate judge of player skill.

Alright, blocking efficiency is up to near 99-100% even against lots of 3-5 opponents.

Able to feint extremely quickly (again, quicker than I've seen in any foreign video by 2-3 fold) while maintaining 99-100% blocking efficiency.

Pioneered own movement style for groups, which enables up to 5 opponents to remain suppressed while maintaining blocking/killing efficiency, along with exploiting the increase in speed bonus.

Near 100% Hit Rate on Head, near 0% thud rate from previous speed bonus and head targeting.

An extreme knowledge of stun mechanics, which they abuse quite heavily

When using crossbows, thorn specifically has an extremely high shield bypass rate.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 06:02:17 pm by yedrellow »

Offline The_Angle

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
  • Qaddaffi 4 eva
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 19, 2011, 05:56:18 pm »
+1
Keshian wasn't here to make a reply to this thread, so he told me to post for him.

Keshian:OMGWTFEUUUSUXORSFACCCKK MUFFAFACCKKERRAMERICA IS FUCK BESTBITCH FUCKOOMMMBBBBBQLS:RKlkrlks
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

In the land of rape and honey, you prey.

Offline yedrellow

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: October 19, 2011, 05:59:46 pm »
Anyway, Australian warband players generally feel obligated to mention these two in any EU v NA circlejerk. My shift is over though, carry on then chaps.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 06:01:26 pm by yedrellow »