Poll

Is archery fine as it is ?

Yeah, everything is fine.
39 (23.1%)
No, something needs to be changed. There is too many archers using bodkins.
40 (23.7%)
No, something needs to be changed. All archers are OP.
13 (7.7%)
No, something needs to be changed. Archers hit like a truck. QQ
28 (16.6%)
Yeah, everything is fine but longbow needs some love.
32 (18.9%)
Ihatearchers.rage.qq.com
17 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 169

Author Topic: Plz Stop this pewpew madness without overnerfing it.  (Read 15985 times)

Offline Wraist

• Knight
  • Renown: 44
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Plz Stop this pewpew madness without overnerfing it.
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2011, 12:29:03 am »
I am wearing tribal warrior outfit myself very often. I have no IF and my armour is not loomed and I hardly get oneshot with it.
I would prefer my most favourite, the pilgrim disguise but with that you are almost always a oneshot. That's why I started wearing tribal stuff, because you can easily survive 2 shots, even 2 hits from swords.

I have 21 strength, 5IF, and I got one shot twice in one day. I believe I said it was rare, for comparison, my poleax went through more than one person more times in memory.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2011, 12:29:51 am »
Overpowered Rusbow together with bodkins and 8 pd....any questions why you got oneshot killed?^^

Gone are the days of people mocking me for using a War Bow and not the Horn Bow! Gone are the following days of people mocking me for using a War Bow and not a Long Bow! Now are the days of me using a Rus Bow! AND STILL SUCKING! BWHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

It feels good to have every patch buff me in some way or another... without me ever changing a thing.

Anywho, remember that your armor provides a random amount of protection, ranging from 50% to 100% iirc.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2011, 03:47:01 am »
+3
I see the community has the memory of a WORM BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH or something like that.

Just a few months ago everyone was complaining that HYBRIDS existed, and that archers could pick up every weapon "ooooooh pocket flamberge (Or Danish if someone points out the unsheathable thing) archers! Onoz that archer can carry a melee weapon that is unfair that he can melee and shoot!" And now you are surprised... that you got what you wantd?

Seriously, just accept the fact that you are all inferior people who don't know what you want (since you keep changing your minds) and give me all of your looms.
Hi-larious!
Hybrid throwers - oo the good old days!

Unless the entire other team is archers, or being complete douches on an unreachable roof I have no complaints about them. I may make fun of them in game, but without archers things would get stale.
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Slamz
« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2011, 09:18:08 am »
+4
"Everything is fine".

It turns out that the solution to all of the 30 STR, 0 athletics people was the Great Archer Awakening.

It's okay to be a 30 STR goon in platemail as long as your team doesn't consist of 80% of just that, which is exactly how the game used to be.  Now if you are 80% two-handers, your team is going to lose because you're all going to get mowed down.

Now you need a reasonable mix.  Now there's a really good reason to hope you get some high agility fighters, especially shielders.  At 6 athletics and light armor, I can outrun most of these archers because most of them are strength archers with 5 atheletics or less.  Add in power throw 3 and some throwing daggers and they don't stand a chance.  The throwing dagger staggers them and I swap to my melee weapon and it's on.

So what I see right now is actually pretty reasonable.  Two-handers have been brought into line and other builds are starting to shine through.  This does upset a lot of two-handers but really it's okay if some of you keep doing what you're doing -- once your team has a handful of high agility "archer killers", they'll be tying up the archers while you amble around and deal killing blows, just like before.
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde

Offline Cup1d

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2011, 10:29:08 am »
http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,18831.0.html

Looks like topic starter change his mind.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2011, 10:31:48 am »

Ummmmm.......... how so?

Do you understand what he says in the thread you linked?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 10:33:20 am by Xant »
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2011, 10:41:32 am »

If you can't beat them, join them.

Offline Cup1d

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2011, 10:57:46 am »
Xant

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Enough? Or did you mean something else?

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2011, 11:02:51 am »
Xant

Enough? Or did you mean something else?

The original poster thinks pewpew is OP/there's too much of it, so he wants to trade away his 2h and play as ez-mode archer instead so he can pewpew them back. How is that him changing his mind?
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline OttomanSniper

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 97
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Greek_OttomanSniper Roof_Monkey
  • IRC nick: _Sniper
« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2011, 11:06:25 am »
Archery need buff, enoughly (11 time ) nerfed, its buff time !

Offline Siboire

• Knight
  • Renown: 43
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
  • Sergentariá D'armas
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Occitan
  • Game nicks: Occitan_FullMetalJacket
« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2011, 03:38:01 pm »
The original poster thinks pewpew is OP/there's too much of it, so he wants to trade away his 2h and play as ez-mode archer instead so he can pewpew them back. How is that him changing his mind?

U read my mind ;)
And the longbow is one of the worst bow atm cuz now all bows can do pierce and can "outshoot" any longbow user and deal significant amount of damage. I was using a regular hornbow before going MW long bow and it was really ez even with only 5 PD and 148 WPF. I'm not saying longbow is not ezmode though... cuz it's still archery. But now, I'm mostly aiming at "known" archers or cavs and sometimes at 2handers/polearmers too close for comfort to me.

Archery need buff, enoughly (11 time ) nerfed, its buff time !

You sir, are a complete tard noob. Archery certainly does not need a buff (beside maybe longbow) but something that would remove the capacity of small bows (horn and lower) to do pierce IMO.

Offline Okkam

• Baron
  • Renown: 94
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2011, 04:11:32 pm »
better to be a noob than deserter

Offline Kay of Sauvage

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2011, 12:42:34 am »
+3
Archers are pretty powerful but I don't know if it's OP.

What I don't like is the sheer number of bow and xbows I've been seeing. People say "OMG, so many cav" in the few times there is as many as 8 cav on a team of 50. At the same time, 8 bows/xbows on a team of 50 would be considered a low count. I've seen what looked like 50% ranged on my team shortly after the most recent patch.

A high cav count doesn't really change the game, because the more of them there are, the more they just get in each other's way, give polearms a field day, and end up getting slaughtered by infantry and other cav. But a high archer count seems to change the game significantly. The game becomes a matter of figuring out how to fight while avoiding the inevitable archer's nest.

But I think perhaps the biggest source of the abundance of archers is the fact that so many maps on NA1 are hills/mountains and villages. It seems like every map involves archers camping up on a house that isn't easily accessible, or they are standing on the side of a steep mountain that surrounds the map, etc. Archers can often go stand all alone somewhere off to the side to get flank shots because they can outrun any infantry that might chase them down, while the hillside, a melee weapon, and some simple lateral movements will protect them from cav.

So... maybe if they just changed the map rotation a bit so that archers are sometimes left with no structures to climb up onto, no mountain vantage points to shoot from, and they must stand down on the flat land with everyone else, then maybe there would be less archers. The ones who can't stand to be out of their comfort zone like that might be encouraged to play as something else.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2011, 01:13:22 am »
Sounds like you want cav map.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Kay of Sauvage

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2011, 01:23:31 am »
Sounds like you want cav map.

Nope. I just want variety. My favorite maps are close quarter city maps, the maps people describe as bad cav maps and yell at me for taking cav at the beginning of the map until they see the scores at the end...
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 02:01:40 am by Kay of Sauvage »