Poll

Is this admin doing their job correctly?

Yes
19 (48.7%)
No
20 (51.3%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author Topic: [NA] Sootnik_Diomedes  (Read 7060 times)

Offline Diomedes

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
  • Cat
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sootnik_Diomedes
Re: [NA] Sootnik_Diomedes
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2012, 04:59:18 am »
Are you sure?

Yep.

I did not circumvent the mute on purpose, I alt-tab crashed, reconnected and found myself able to speak again. Of course I continued on my way ripping you apart because you had not provided anything of constructive worth. Which was to expose the fact that you are a terrible admin.

So after having the mute removed accidentally you just took advantage of the opportunity to, once again, ignore an admin's explicit instructions?  Even after I told you to take your issues to the forum?  You're not helping your case, and certainly not doing anything to engender sympathy among the admins.

How can you sit there and say it wasn't for personal offence? The first thing you told me when you first entered the server was to not insult admins. Why not? Any other player is open to the gauntlet if they act like a jackass. You all should be as well.

The server rules are quite explicit about not insulting people.  This rule does not have a codified standard of enforcement, though, because cases of insulting and griefing are so context-dependent. 

You were vehemently going after admins in general chat.  Not only is this completely unproductive (cp: "go to the forums") but it has a terrible effect on the in-game atmosphere.  When one person is trying to moderate over 100 at 1AM such hectoring completely undermines the admin in precisely the case when he ought not be undermined.  Hectoring admins corrodes the first and [ideally] inalienable relationship of respect between caretakers and players.  Whether or not you like or agree with our decisions is irrelevant to whether they must be followed.  Admin instructions must be respected or an essential part of our apparatus for guiding servers into being safe and fun environments goes out the window. 

The way to get by in cRPG is to (1) do what the admins say, (2) take up issues along the appropriate channels, and (3) try to have fun.  If you can't do all three of these then you've no place on the official servers.  Ignoring (1) can make our job incredibly hard, awful, and so pragmatically brutal.  Ignoring (2) leaves you frustrated, because ignoring (2) means you will effect no meaningful change.  The forum exists for players to use as a platform for discussion, and without discussion you'll accomplish no change in a community-driven mod.  Ignoring (3) is self-evidently foolish.  If you're not having fun with the game leave it and do something else.  The world is bigger than cRPG, and it may be that you just need a break.

Offline Voso

• Earl
  • Renown: 330
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The So-so.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Huey's Cavalieres
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2012, 05:32:51 am »
I did not circumvent the mute on purpose, I alt-tab crashed, reconnected and found myself able to speak again. Of course I continued on my way ripping you apart because you had not provided anything of constructive worth. Which was to expose the fact that you are a terrible admin.

So you are admitting that you were aware you were muted and after rejoining the server you tried to speak again in order to see if the mute was gone? You are also admitting that after realizing the mute was gone you decided to continue doing what earned you the mute in the first place?

The fact that you chose to ban me instead of others that have far more offensive "spam" is the main problem here. I was "spamming" about you, and your inadequacies as an admin. While others constantly spam racist, homophobic, and generally destructive speech.

You are admitting that you spammed offensive insults toward an admin? Your main excuse is "other people were spamming too"?

Oh my. I honestly have no idea why you are surprised you got banned.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

There are old sellswords and bold sellswords, but there are no old, bold sellswords.

Offline Diomedes

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2012, 05:46:40 am »

Offline HeroZero

• Wannabe lawyer
  • Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2012, 06:14:39 am »
Voso, you obviously lack the capacity to understand what I said in that statement you quoted, but yeah sure let's go with what you said.

I think this displays a concrete difference in the way we're defining this game. I think the first priority should be having fun, and lastly obeying the admins every whim. The admins should be a part of the community not apart from it.

Sure the server has rules against making fun of other people, but do you deny that it happens nearly every minute of every round played? That insults were being expressed even as you singled me out for punishment? So you're going to continue to stick to your argument that I was banned because I spammed chat and not because I directed my insults at the ability-lacking moderation staff present? 

If the former is true then let's go with Voso's counter argument that many other people were spamming chat. If it's the latter then why should you guys be afforded any more rights than the rest of us? People bear greater insults than I made to you on a daily basis on NA1.

So now I've utilized the appropriate channels, and now I'm waiting for justice (getting a new admin to replace a bad one).
Just because I troll doesn't mean I don't care.

Offline Voso

• Earl
  • The So-so.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2012, 06:25:42 am »
Voso, you obviously lack the capacity to understand what I said in that statement you quoted, but yeah sure let's go with what you said.

Ah I apologize then. No need to be a jerk about it, man.  :(

I have changed my decision about getting involved in your argument. You have admitted to what you have done wrong, you have been told by multiple admins that his decision was justified, and yet you continue to rage.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 06:29:49 am by Voso »

There are old sellswords and bold sellswords, but there are no old, bold sellswords.

Offline HeroZero

• Wannabe lawyer
  • Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2012, 06:30:39 am »
Ah I apologize then. No need to be a jerk about it, man.  :(

It doesn't change the fact that your ban was justified.

Clearly not, because my ban was lifted almost immediately.

The grounds listed were since debunked by both this topic and the logs. I know I'm being an ass in many ways, but this guy is just too proud to admit that he did wrong. That's all I want. Just for Sootnik_Diomedes to type out that he was wrong in banning me, and that he practices an ineffective and highly biased form of moderation.

His resignation would be a bonus, but I'm not holding my breath.

Offline Voso

• Earl
  • The So-so.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2012, 06:43:34 am »
Clearly not, because my ban was lifted almost immediately.

The grounds listed were since debunked by both this topic and the logs. I know I'm being an ass in many ways, but this guy is just too proud to admit that he did wrong. That's all I want. Just for Sootnik_Diomedes to type out that he was wrong in banning me, and that he practices an ineffective and highly biased form of moderation.

His resignation would be a bonus, but I'm not holding my breath.

Diomedes has offered that were his actions wrong, for his admin to be removed. It has been decided through discussion that you deserved a ban. He admitted that the ban he dished out was a bit long, there isn't really anything else for him to admit to.

I would have banned you too. Whether accidentally or not (I really don't believe your story that you crashed, rejoined, and just happened to notice you could talk again, but that is beside the point.), you evaded a mute and continued doing what you were warned not do and given the mute for in the first place. That fact stands as grounds for a ban.

I think the first priority should be having fun, and lastly obeying the admins every whim.

I agree that you should have fun, but its not like he was telling you to respec cav. I'd say in the future, just be quiet and enjoy the game instead of insulting people.

How hard is it to obey an admins request to take your complaints to the forum? Seriously?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 06:45:16 am by Voso »

Offline Diomedes

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2012, 06:48:33 am »
I think this displays a concrete difference in the way we're defining this game. I think the first priority should be having fun, and lastly obeying the admins every whim. The admins should be a part of the community not apart from it.

I numbered those statements for clarity, not according to their cardinal rank or priority.  I demonstrated this in my note by saying that one has to do all three in order to get by in cRPG.

Sure the server has rules against making fun of other people, but do you deny that it happens nearly every minute of every round played? That insults were being expressed even as you singled me out for punishment? So you're going to continue to stick to your argument that I was banned because I spammed chat and not because I directed my insults at the ability-lacking moderation staff present?

Players do make fun of one another, yes, but rarely are people so persistent in their abuse or fundamentally hectoring as you were.  I told you to desist because any complaints you have about administrators ought to have been taken to the forum rather than extended in chat.  I was particular in my initial comment that players ought not criticize admins in chat for reasons I've already covered.

I think I'm about done with this conversation.  I don't think I've much more to say that isn't already obvious.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 06:50:15 am by Diomedes »

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2012, 08:51:22 am »
HeroZero I think I speak on behalf of the NA administration staff and the playerbase when I say ..

My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline HeroZero

• Wannabe lawyer
  • Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2012, 02:48:31 pm »
Oh come on don't give up. This is fun to me. I really should have went to law school.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2012, 05:55:14 pm »
Oh come on don't give up. This is fun to me. I really should have went to law school.

To obtain the ability to have proper arguements? Yes, because lord knows you need it, like ignoring repeated facts that the administration supports the ban, or confusing everyone in dio's defense to be Fallen, etc.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline HeroZero

• Wannabe lawyer
  • Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2012, 06:16:36 pm »
Oh Tears, I've presented more evidence than any of my naysayers. Try to reread my posts with some other hat on.

I've presented a concise and relevant case. The defense continues to repeat the same things (which I've debunked).

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2012, 06:55:03 pm »
HeroZero I think I speak on behalf of the NA administration staff and the playerbase when I say ..

I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline HeroZero

• Wannabe lawyer
  • Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2012, 07:55:40 pm »
gg

Offline isatis

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ink+water showing their true potential!
    • View Profile
    • le Clan des Cochons!
  • Faction: Le clan des Cochons!!
  • Game nicks: Cochon_Furtif_Isatis
  • IRC nick: Isatis
« Reply #59 on: January 30, 2012, 10:47:26 pm »
I really love the wannabe lawyer

(click to show/hide)
So the new response to ranged ragers is not "get a shield", it is "learn to chamber ranged nub!"