Author Topic: Mount and Blade 2  (Read 14899 times)

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
Re: Mount and Blade 2
« Reply #135 on: October 06, 2011, 04:30:28 pm »
I personally like Calradia kind of..  It's a very open universe.

It's just that I don't know if it's sellable like it is. It's too broad and fuzzy.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #136 on: October 06, 2011, 04:32:10 pm »
I'd say they need a better backgound.
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 06, 2011, 04:51:29 pm »
I personally like Calradia kind of..  It's a very open universe.

It's just that I don't know if it's sellable like it is. It's too broad and fuzzy.
Calradia is kind of bland. They need more character, more interesting factions and more depth.

Offline Skorpien

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Skorpien_the_Grey
« Reply #138 on: October 06, 2011, 07:48:31 pm »
Mount and Blade 2? o_o I hope it will be a good game and not a fail as with fire and sword. I will buy it so or so because the M&B Series is very cool. But i will play there cRPG to... with my old char! I dont want to start again because than ill worket 2 years for nothing? o_O 2 new factions, new armors and a new map will be cool! ANNNNDDD!!!!! I WILL SEE THAT ARMOR AND THAT TURBAN IN GAME THAN IM HAPPPPPYYYY!:

New char faces will be cool too.
"Men of the South, Raise Your Banners High! Let the Serpent Army Go Forth, Bring Up the Great Mumakil and Unleash All Your Hatred!"

Offline bilwit

• Agent provocateur
  • Count
  • Renown: 275
  • Infamy: 181
  • The toast is anarchy!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Billy_Whitmore, Andre_Whitmore, Gideon_Stargrave
« Reply #139 on: October 06, 2011, 08:36:52 pm »
Calradia is kind of bland. They need more character, more interesting factions and more depth.

Eh, I don't care about that stuff personally. Give us modern graphics and more fluid combat (so that I feel less like I'm operating a fork-lift) and I'm sold. Let the modding community take care of the rest (so long as they provide enough options to do so).

Most of us are currently living off relatives, friends, parttime-jobs or savings, to be able to work as much and cheaply as possible.

Offline CrimsonPigII

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Crimsonpig_V
« Reply #140 on: October 06, 2011, 08:37:10 pm »
Mount and Blade 2
+ Improve the game engine – its showing its age even tho I still like it
+ Concentrate on MP development (its where your fan base is)- SP is ok but AI just suxs and not very challenging if you know what they do in a battle or on map, there isn’t a challenge
+ If you get major AI improvement – go ahead on SP and flesh out its world and faction history/content, you have a fanbase to help you on all this bumf   

MP improvement
+ Use CRPG. Normal MP is fine for new people but naturally they will move onto CRPG 
+ Review the damage, armour, shield, riding, shooting mechanics.(good luck on this, no ones ever happy!)   
+ Expand equipment list (arms, armour, horses etc), there are loads of great mods like roman legion armour  etc – why not add it in? 
+ More varied maps, have serious maps, have funny maps.
+ More battle types – its just siege, battle and protect the virgin – howabout king of the hill, last man standing?   
+ Bigger, dedicated servers, more players in a battle
+ Expand the character stats and skills, CRPG just uses str and agil. Can add in Constitution, add in running, turning, jumping as separate skills?
+ Update interface on character creation/equipment selection etc 
+ Battle chat communication
+ Give us a proper BETA to test and feedback to you
+ Allow current CRPG player stats to be transferred into new CRPG. People have played like mad loving the game and growing their character, reward them for their loyalty. You know you will get C***loads of new players joining up.
+ Online League table with your stats – show how big your e-penis is ;)

MMO yay or nay?

Unless you want to spend a heapload of dev time on a MMO (plus all your funds) to make a good one, if not then don’t bother- your gonna get a half arsed mess

Hey I would love a MMO but unless it can merge STRAT with factions, weather cycle, season cycle, real economy,  NPC who can interact with players etc if not then all your gonna get is a empty freeworld with players robbing each other at random….

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #141 on: October 06, 2011, 10:23:40 pm »
Mount and Blade 2
+ Improve the game engine – its showing its age even tho I still like it
+ Concentrate on MP development (its where your fan base is)- SP is ok but AI just suxs and not very challenging if you know what they do in a battle or on map, there isn’t a challenge
+ If you get major AI improvement – go ahead on SP and flesh out its world and faction history/content, you have a fanbase to help you on all this bumf   

MP improvement
+ Use CRPG. Normal MP is fine for new people but naturally they will move onto CRPG 
+ Review the damage, armour, shield, riding, shooting mechanics.(good luck on this, no ones ever happy!)   
+ Expand equipment list (arms, armour, horses etc), there are loads of great mods like roman legion armour  etc – why not add it in? 
+ More varied maps, have serious maps, have funny maps.
+ More battle types – its just siege, battle and protect the virgin – howabout king of the hill, last man standing?   
+ Bigger, dedicated servers, more players in a battle
+ Expand the character stats and skills, CRPG just uses str and agil. Can add in Constitution, add in running, turning, jumping as separate skills?
+ Update interface on character creation/equipment selection etc 
+ Battle chat communication
+ Give us a proper BETA to test and feedback to you
+ Allow current CRPG player stats to be transferred into new CRPG. People have played like mad loving the game and growing their character, reward them for their loyalty. You know you will get C***loads of new players joining up.
+ Online League table with your stats – show how big your e-penis is ;)

MMO yay or nay?

Unless you want to spend a heapload of dev time on a MMO (plus all your funds) to make a good one, if not then don’t bother- your gonna get a half arsed mess

Hey I would love a MMO but unless it can merge STRAT with factions, weather cycle, season cycle, real economy,  NPC who can interact with players etc if not then all your gonna get is a empty freeworld with players robbing each other at random….

You DO know that we are talking about Mount and Blade 2 and not cRPG 2, right? And that cRPG is a mod to Mount and Blade developed by someone completely else, right? And that they are completely different people, right? And that a lot of the stuff you mentioned is already in plain M&B, just disabled in cRPG for various reasons, right? ...Right?
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
« Reply #142 on: October 06, 2011, 10:41:12 pm »
They should facilitate for completely different mods.

Im talking combining the combat system with future and fantasy settings. Strange weapons, guns and magic SPELLS. Im not a fan of it personally, but the combat system they already have would add a new dimension to such environments.

Thinking close reaction and skill based sci-fi and fantasy combat..

From a technical pov they are almost there. Just add easy moddable effects and spells, extra keys possibilities, and make it easy to mod in machines, new textures and models.. (perhaps textures and models are already easy idk)

When the engine is made flexible and powerful, lease it for huge moneys to someone with rights to brands..

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 06, 2011, 10:44:27 pm »
They should facilitate for completely different mods.

Im talking combining the combat system with future and fantasy settings. Strange weapons, guns and magic SPELLS. Im not a fan of it personally, but the combat system they already have would add a new dimension to such environments.

Thinking close reaction and skill based sci-fi and fantasy combat..

From a technical pov they are almost there. Just add easy moddable effects and spells, extra keys possibilities, and make it easy to mod in machines, new textures and models.. (perhaps textures and models are already easy idk)

When the engine is made flexible and powerful, lease it for huge moneys to someone with rights to brands..
With this being one of the few medieval combat games without all that sci fi or fantasy crap in, I really don't want them to encourage shit like that.

Offline Tomas_of_Miles

• Count
  • Renown: 263
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rusty mercenary siege engineer
  • Game nicks: Something with Tomas in it
« Reply #144 on: October 06, 2011, 10:55:06 pm »
I just hope whatever they come up with runs on my laptop... otherwise it's bye bye for me.
Professional poop cleaner

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
« Reply #145 on: October 06, 2011, 11:06:55 pm »
They should focus on the medieval setting of course. There is no Either/Or. Im just saying that would open up new money for them to develop WB further, rather than seeing others stealing the game they invented.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 06, 2011, 11:49:05 pm »
I hope they will keep Calradia as the main setting. It's open, free and has remarkable potential for adding background if they want to.

The forced story was a terrible drawback for WFAS compared to the sandbox Warband is. Things can get repetitive, but I personally never stop enjoying it. I still play Native SP (with commander mod) very actively. Each campaign feels like a success-story, an autobiography, a very unique adventure. The whole world feels dynamic and works without the player intervention, something lacking in almost all modern games.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #147 on: October 07, 2011, 12:12:22 am »
I hope they will keep Calradia as the main setting. It's open, free and has remarkable potential for adding background if they want to.

The forced story was a terrible drawback for WFAS compared to the sandbox Warband is. Things can get repetitive, but I personally never stop enjoying it. I still play Native SP (with commander mod) very actively. Each campaign feels like a success-story, an autobiography, a very unique adventure. The whole world feels dynamic and works without the player intervention, something lacking in almost all modern games.
Agreed. The native world is really good in how it interacts with itself. All I would like is a bit more backstory or something, with books/stories/characters ingame telling you more. Maybe a couple of unique quests that are available for some time based on the backstory? Nothing like the "main story" they added in WFaS, those were just lame, but many of the individual quests in it were awesome. (just don't give me any auto battles. Spawn bandits/whatever close by with high travel speed but at least gimme a CHANCE to run!)
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Bashere

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lyrical_Genius
« Reply #148 on: October 07, 2011, 12:38:23 am »
I doubt they will. Apparently, there will be a lot of competition in the medieval genre, but the other ones look way more arcadey (this half life mod standalone thing, and war of the roses).

What half life mod is he talking about?

Offline Tomas_of_Miles

• Count
  • Renown: 263
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rusty mercenary siege engineer
  • Game nicks: Something with Tomas in it
« Reply #149 on: October 07, 2011, 01:10:34 am »
Age of Chivalry, was a Half Life 2 mod, but they're making it in Unreal now.
Professional poop cleaner