Author Topic: Side sword  (Read 4864 times)

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
Side sword
« on: January 31, 2011, 07:00:59 pm »
i suggest to reduce dmg of that ugly looking lightning fast thing by 1 or 2 points. such an ugly renaissance style looking weapon shouldn't be the ultimate 1hander. NERF NERF NERF...
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline chief

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Side sword
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 07:10:02 pm »
Agreed, The cut damage of the Nordic Champions Sword, the speed of a scimitar, and the thrust damage of a pike. Swords with the same length as it (95) can't compete at all. It seems someone decided to completely buff this sword in every aspect.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 07:14:36 pm by chief »

Offline Tai Feng

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 07:15:37 pm »
I don't even understand why do we have this late-period weapons. They look out of place.

And also, Chinese 1H and 2H swords are weak. I am not historical expect but I doubt that super-power like China would have weapons inferior even to Nord ones of 8th century (!). Sure it's a period when China will soon be conquered by Mongols but nevertheless it's still far more advanced than medieval dark-age Europe of the time. Assuming that dark-age culture would have superior weapons than super-power just doesn't really fit the reality. It's as if in 7 centuries some video game would have Ivory Coast regime wielding deadly machine guns and vehicles and USA wielding rusty WW2 weapons. I blame it on eurocentrism! :)
Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.

Imperial army: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4muBipy9-Q

Offline LordSnow

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saracens
  • Game nicks: Snow
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 07:15:46 pm »
what do you want at the end? bad sword at high cost?
Damn. It's snowing again.

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 07:23:34 pm »
what do you want at the end? bad sword at high cost?
read it again
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 08:40:12 pm »
I agree. Should become a fast thrusting sword in the higher midrange with medieval swords taking the best spots.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2011, 12:22:39 am »
Agree completely.. Nerf nerf!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Rogue

• Earl
  • Renown: 332
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Margrave of Brandenburg
    • View Profile
    • HRE Forum
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Rogue_HRE Harald_HRE Lodwig_HRE Egidius_HRE
  • IRC nick: Rogue_HRE
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2011, 12:46:12 am »
Fully agreed. Buff the Knightly Arming instead.

Sacrum Romanum Imperium

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2011, 03:36:32 am »
I don't even understand why do we have this late-period weapons. They look out of place.

And also, Chinese 1H and 2H swords are weak. I am not historical expect but I doubt that super-power like China would have weapons inferior even to Nord ones of 8th century (!). Sure it's a period when China will soon be conquered by Mongols but nevertheless it's still far more advanced than medieval dark-age Europe of the time. Assuming that dark-age culture would have superior weapons than super-power just doesn't really fit the reality. It's as if in 7 centuries some video game would have Ivory Coast regime wielding deadly machine guns and vehicles and USA wielding rusty WW2 weapons. I blame it on eurocentrism! :)

Fun fact, the metal the Chinese used was EXTREMELY TERRIBLY FUCKING SHIT, now this wasn't their fault, it just happened that the metal they could get their hands on was of crap quality and extremely shit, which is why they had to fold swords like one million times to achieve any sort of "decent" durability.

Offline Tai Feng

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2011, 04:54:41 am »
Fun fact, the metal the Chinese used was EXTREMELY TERRIBLY FUCKING SHIT, now this wasn't their fault, it just happened that the metal they could get their hands on was of crap quality and extremely shit, which is why they had to fold swords like one million times to achieve any sort of "decent" durability.

Source?

I find it highly unlikely that barbarian civilization had such superior weapons as you said, and superior culture was so inferior in weapons. That would be, I guess, the only time in history such a thing ever happened. At the time of the game (13th century) both India and China are waning but are still super-powers, and most technologically advanced.
I've searched online a bit and couldn't find anything to support your comment. On contrary. However, I am interested in truth so I am ready to correct myself if you give me the source.

"In their various campaigns, the Chinese armies through the ages, employed a variety of equipment in the different arms of the army. The most notable weaponry used by the Chinese consisted of crossbows, rockets, gunpowder weapons, and other "exotic weapons", but the Chinese also made many advances on conventional iron weapons such as swords and spears that were far superior to other contemporary weapons."

wiki
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 01:38:41 pm by Tai Feng »
Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.

Imperial army: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4muBipy9-Q

Offline ManOfWar

• Count
  • Renown: 243
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No crutches at all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Remnant_ManOfWar (Formerly Takeda)
  • IRC nick: ManOfWar
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2011, 05:02:52 am »
I new this day would come...

, leave this sword alone, the long espada is the sword for stabbing, if your going to nerf it at all- reduce the speed by 1 point, that will decrease it significantly- the cut damage is the same as the scimitar pretty much
Just a soldier

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2011, 05:15:07 am »

:shock:

That's Japanese swords dude...

Buff the Military Cleaver instead.

Agreed!!! +1+1+1+1    :mrgreen:
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Dunecat

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • cRPG Player
  • h+
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jaer_Selorn
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2011, 06:36:35 am »
:shock:

That's Japanese swords dude...

Fully agreed. Buff the Knightly Arming instead.
Agreed!!! +1+1+1+1    :mrgreen:
If any - a Knightly Arming Sword should be an ultimate one-handed bladed.
In memory of Jaer_Selorn, member of Str, ruler of Pagundur

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2011, 10:02:33 am »
I have a 2 times heirloomed side sword.

When I hit level 31 it will get masterworked... 103 speed with 36 cut damage and 29 pierce. Seems legit :P

No really, it's a bit too powerfull imo.

One thing though: Whenever major changes are made to weapons I feel that anyone that has heirloomed that particular weapon should get to repick his heirlooms.

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline Fasader

• Vain onion-eyed pigeon egg
  • Count
  • Renown: 268
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • Item unbalancer
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fasader, Mlatimir, Fasadripac, Modnar
  • IRC nick: Fasader
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2011, 01:30:15 pm »
I wouldn't call -5 speed and -2dmg a major change.  :!:
21:33:22 BaldRider: Poem submission: okiN is fat, chadz is blue, Fasader is pretty sexy, but not you.

https://soundcloud.com/shitfactory/father-and-panos